PDA

View Full Version : My PC Pics (finally)

LiNuX
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I built my PC well over a month ago. I took some primary pictures that I planned to get out of my digital camera but stuff kept coming up and I just forgot. But I finally remembered :D

Here are some pics BEFORE i did the rewiring so the wires are kinda all over the place:

Side Window:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04696.jpg

Opened Up:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04698.jpg

On the Floor right after I closed it up:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04706.jpg

I wanted to show you my RAM cards - it has 4 gigs in there - it is the thing that says Z on there - it is shiny and gold but due to reflection it looks red. But it's there:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04704.jpg

Here is a picture from a few minutes ago - i turned off all the lights in my room to take this one, this is what it looks like at night (i don't turn off my pc)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04886.jpg

By the way, the wiring looks a lot better than in the pictures, I had redone them twice because it would be easier for me to remove them and add other components later than just having them all tangled up.

It's an awesome PC!

Jasperking
03-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Pretty swish PC man im glad you got it built in the end

hollerfromelz
03-22-2008, 11:01 PM
lol..i have no idea what im looking at.. but nice wires? hehe

LiNuX
03-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Pretty swish PC man im glad you got it built in the end

i did - read the whole post lol, i didn't take pics of those though

Riku-Nara
03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Looks........complicated?
But awesome still.
great job
:D

LiNuX
03-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Looks........complicated?
But awesome still.
great job
:D

not too complicated - i built both my server and pc and both are running now

this one took me just over an hour to built (hardware) and that's cuz the CPU wouldn't lock in properly, spent like a whole half hour on that.

the OS install took hours

Blackleo
03-23-2008, 12:23 AM
I still need you to build me my PC Linux =p

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 12:28 AM
I still need you to build me my PC Linux =p

thought you didn't have money for the parts lol

Eric
03-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Nice comp :). So want to build one myself now :p

RYPW
03-23-2008, 12:39 PM
PimpMyPC or what? :D

I like it though it looks very nice but man how do you get any sleep with that on at night? I cant even sleep if I've left the TV on standby and theres that little red light lol

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
PimpMyPC or what? :D

I like it though it looks very nice but man how do you get any sleep with that on at night? I cant even sleep if I've left the TV on standby and theres that little red light lol

lol my room is bright at night with this running and my server running - the server emits blue light (bright) with yellow/gold flashing light lol

but im a deep sleeper, and i go to bed like at 2 am everyday so im really tired when i go to bed so i dont notice lights lol

RYPW
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Haha thats good wish I was like that. When I had a PC I use to leave it on 24/7 but now I have a laptop I turn it off at night as I worry about it over heating and blowing up lol

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Haha thats good wish I was like that. When I had a PC I use to leave it on 24/7 but now I have a laptop I turn it off at night as I worry about it over heating and blowing up lol

my pc and servers are on 24/7 - my server was restarted today for the first time in over a month due to apache install - my pc has been on the past 2 weeks - will restart today too after installs are done

i have good heatsinks and a ton of fans in there - my pc has 3 case fans, 1 PSU, 1 GPU, and 1 CPU fan - total of 6 lol

my server has 2 Case fans, 2 PSU, and 1 CPU - 5 fans total :D and of course the RAM all come with heatsinks cuz they are on all day, can't have these babies get hot and burn up

Raw!
03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice job.
What's the gH on your PC?

I agree, PimpMyPC.

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Nice job.
What's the gH on your PC?

I agree, PimpMyPC.

you mean ghz? its 2.8 x 2 - its dual core

Blackleo
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Lol he's from NY so used to sleeping with bright shiny things around ... lol

Eric
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
How much did it all cost you?

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 08:07 PM
How much did it all cost you?

around a $1000 with a new monitor too

Kujo
03-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Pretty nice system set up. I would have gone with 4 1gig sticks but thats just me. I find that i get better latency times when I spread my memory out across the board instead of trying to stack it in as few sticks as possible. Besides, when are you ever going to need to add more ram once you hit 4gigs unless you do some serious video editing.

All in all, as a fellow PC builder, I give you a 8/10.

Stock CPU cooler and 1 vid card?!? Oh noes! Duel Vid cards.. and always upgrade your CPU cooler. :)

LiNuX
03-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Pretty nice system set up. I would have gone with 4 1gig sticks but thats just me. I find that i get better latency times when I spread my memory out across the board instead of trying to stack it in as few sticks as possible. Besides, when are you ever going to need to add more ram once you hit 4gigs unless you do some serious video editing.

All in all, as a fellow PC builder, I give you a 8/10.

Stock CPU cooler and 1 vid card?!? Oh noes! Duel Vid cards.. and always upgrade your CPU cooler. :)

1. i used 2 gig cards cuz i think its better than programs get all their memory from one card rather than having to look for others

2. i cant have more than 4 gigs on a 32 bit windows xp system so i doubt i'll be getting more - its actually less than 4 gigs

3. stock cpu cooler has worked for me so i didn't bother spending money on others

4. 1 video card is enough - i didn't even have enough money to get the geforce 9600gt lol - i had to settle for one geforce 8600gt.

The GPU and RAM came all at the end of my purchases and by then all my money was almost out so i had to go with what i had :-)

Blackbird
03-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Hmm.. You could build a good computer for only 1000$, haha nice 4gb ram memory like mine and everyone like Dual Core. What about your grapical card? It's really nice chassi. I'm build mine for around 2000$

Joshuah
03-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Ooooooooooh I love it :-P I'm offically Jealous lol

LiNuX
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Hmm.. You could build a good computer for only 1000$, haha nice 4gb ram memory like mine and everyone like Dual Core. What about your grapical card? It's really nice chassi. I'm build mine for around 2000$

my graphics card? its a GeForce 8600GT - if i waited a week i could have gotten the 9600GT - well if i waited a week and got an extra $80 from somewhere lol

i really wanted to get AMD Phenom which is the quad core version of amd - but not enough money to get that sadly - probably for a future PC i'll be able to get one :D

wifi
03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
wow that looks...complicated lol, i will probably blow mine up by screwing up the wires :-P good job linux

RYPW
03-24-2008, 09:43 AM
wow that looks...complicated lol, i will probably blow mine up by screwing up the wires :-P good job linux

I was thinking the same. I'd plug it in a blow the whole house up :D

crazay
03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
wow linux that looks really good, how much hard drive space do you have in that thing?

LiNuX
03-24-2008, 12:44 PM

not really, very few wires will fit into a socket it's not supposed to - and you can't really blow it up if unless you screwed your motherboard into your case without using one of those things that lift it up so it doesn't touch the metal directly lol - most mobos now have metal coated holes for the screws so its not much of a worry

wow linux that looks really good, how much hard drive space do you have in that thing?

i have a 500gb hard drive in there now, have just over 300 gb left lol, if i need more i'll just buy another, not a problem