PDA

View Full Version : DS: 2 Straight Hours of Playing!

Raw!
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Well, I've been playing my DS a lot lately and I've noticed something. When fully charged, it only plays for about 2 hours. And it's really a bother going over and plugging in the charger and charging my DS. It's not THAT annoying but it still takes about 3 minutes of my life away.

I think they should have atleast made the DS 3 hours and not around 2. I mean the PSP goes for over 3 hours sometimes. Anyway, what do you guys think about it? Should they change the DS's playable time without the charger for a bit more?

Riku-Nara
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
The Nintendo DS contains a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 850 mAH.[citation needed] On a full four-hour charge, the factory 850 mAH[citation needed] battery lasts about 10 hours. Battery life is affected by multiple factors including speaker volume, use of one or both screens, back lighting, and use of wireless connectivity. The biggest effect on battery life is caused by using the backlight, which can be turned off in the main menu screen, or in selected games (such as Super Mario 64 DS). The battery is designed to be removed only when it expires.

quote from the wikipedia article.
Your ds should have a way longer battery life than that.
Make you your back lights off.
Or you just be charing it for like 15 minutes.

Raw!
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Actually, once I charged it for around 5-6 hours and it only gave me about 3 hours of gameplay. There is however a possiblity I didn't notice and I played more, I don't really think so. Anyway, it's night here and I'm planning to charge it all night. I'll see how much gameplay I'll get. Oh and, 10 full hours?! No way.

EpsilonX
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Actually, once I charged it for around 5-6 hours and it only gave me about 3 hours of gameplay. There is however a possiblity I didn't notice and I played more, I don't really think so. Anyway, it's night here and I'm planning to charge it all night. I'll see how much gameplay I'll get. Oh and, 10 full hours?! No way.

I can play all day long without running out. Thats what it was like when i got Pokemon Pearl.

If you charge it too many times then the battery gets smaller and smaller. Plus, you can play while charging, so....

if it actually is messed up you could either turn down the brightness of the screen to try to get a longer charge, or just get a new battery. the panel on the back that unscrews is where you put the new battery

Raw!
03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Meh. I'm timing it. It's fully charged, and right now it's almost 4:15 and I started playing at 4. EST time of course. I'll see if it lasts me till 7. Or even till night.

Scott
03-25-2008, 06:48 PM
There must be something wrong with your DS. It must last longer than that. Mine went for about 8 hours. Have you had you're DS for a long time?.... It might be because it's old. My ipod is 2 years old and its battery life has shrunk to only 4 hours.

Raw!
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Uhh. Let me see.. 1 or almost 2 years old actually.

Iceskater101
04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
that would suck. I dont have a d.s but I was thinking about getting one. my family goes on a lot of vacations/road trips and they last more than 2 hours to get there. they should make a battery that lasts longer.

Scott
04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
that would suck. I dont have a d.s but I was thinking about getting one. my family goes on a lot of vacations/road trips and they last more than 2 hours to get there. they should make a battery that lasts longer.

Ummmm they do last longer than 2 hours, I think his only lasts 2 hours because it's old.

Iceskater101
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Ummmm they do last longer than 2 hours, I think his only lasts 2 hours because it's old.

oh. do you know how long they exactly last?
or approximatly
last

Scott
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
oh. do you know how long they exactly last?
or approximatly
last

Didn't you read the quote from wikipedia? they should last around 10 hours

Iceskater101
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Didn't you read the quote from wikipedia? they should last around 10 hours

no I didnt see the quote lol.
wow.
I need to read like all the posts lol.

Samus-Fan
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I have a original silver DS (not a lite) most likely 2 years old now. Maybe 3. It still lasts me 9 hours on a 5 hour charge. And yes, you can play while it charges, it just takes a lot longer to charge it that way.

Iceskater101
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a original silver DS (not a lite) most likely 2 years old now. Maybe 3. It still lasts me 9 hours on a 5 hour charge. And yes, you can play while it charges, it just takes a lot longer to charge it that way.

so your d.s is old or it needs one of those battery like things (:

F.L. White Boy
04-21-2008, 02:49 PM
I just charge it while i'm playing. When i'm away from my house I just deal with it. Mine usually lasts about four hours.

Kujo
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Mine lasts for close to... i would say 8 hours on average. I only ever charge it when I see the orange charge light come on, and never before that. And... if I am playing in an already lit up room, I turn down the brightness the backlight. I strongly suggest, if battery life is bothering you, that you use the lowest setting of backlight brightness that you can stand and still be able to see your game. It DOES wear out your battery pretty quickly.

Toby83
04-30-2008, 10:45 AM
I had mine for about a year and a half I would say to get a new battery. B/c it does not seem like its your DS that's the problem. Also after having it for a yr and a half i could tell my bettery life shrunk too.