PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ships 1 million first week in USA

jakncoke
03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes that Ubisoft paid $60 million to acquire all of the IP rights to the Tom Clancy name, while Rainbow Six Vegas 2 shipped a million units during its first week on sale.

ImageUbisoft’s acquisition of the Clancy brand allows the French publisher to create videogames and related books, as well as movies and merchandise based on Clancy properties without paying future royalty payments. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Pachter estimates that the purchase price was approximately €60 million, paid over three years with potential earn outs up to approximately another €15 million.

The company already has a successful range of game franchises based on Clancy IP, including Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, which generated €200 million in sales in financial year 2006. It expects to save at least €5 million per year with the elimination of future royalty payments. Ubisoft also expects that future book operating income should generate €3 million per year.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in a conference call last Thursday that the publisher was ready to "go for" a Tom Clancy-branded MMO, while the recently released Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (pictured) has shipped one million units in the US in its first week. Wedbush Morgan expects the game to ship 1.7 million units during the quarter.
Clancy Deal Cost Ubisoft €60 Million - Pachter : Next Generation - Interactive Entertainment Today, Video Game and Industry News - Home of Edge Online (http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9692&Itemid=2)

Looks like it'll be a pretty big hit, I can't wait to get my copy.

Blackleo
03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Tom Clancy's books were off the hook, specially the Net Force seriers ...

Scott
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah it's doing well, when I went to get it it was sold out, so I had to take Frontlines instead.

GF Eric
03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice I still have to get my copy of the game as soon as I find where I put my money at.

Iceskater101
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
yeah is it good?
what's it about?
could anyone tell me about it?

Scott
04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
yeah is it good?
what's it about?
could anyone tell me about it?

It's a game where you have to hunt down terrorists with your team round Vegas.