PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy Game???

PixeledShadow
03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Which is yours

Riku-Nara
03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Dupe threads are dupe (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=982)
Only one i've plated is final fantasy 10.
so, that one.

PixeledShadow
03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
if you get the chance to play 7 and 8 then you should

G.Pilot
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
DUDE man!
Final Fantasy 8, 10 and X-2 were classics!

Of course the original Classics were the SNES version, 7 and 8.. To me.

Man I remember Final Fantasy 8 when I was addicted to that horrible card game.. I lost my Ifrit card game to an NPC and ended up losing my entire deck to him!

I immediately then turned off the playstation, took a breather and owned him nicely a few hours later haha..

But I loved the storyline in FFX! Damn Aaruon was sick man! You know that guy gets all the ladies haha...

G.Pilot

PixeledShadow
03-27-2008, 03:50 AM
the only thing i found annoying about the games was that you constintly had to change stats for different people, like you know when the team has to split up for example on the train mission on disc one of FF8 and the people you want are never with you and you have to change everything just to change it back in in an hour lol, part from that, i'll agree, classic game

G.Pilot
03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah that'd definetely true.. Same can be said about FFX-2 tho..

I didnt really feel the whole "you can choose what class they are" sorta thing..

I liked the fact that Squall was a gunblade's man.. Quistis was about spells and zell was a complete ass kicker haha..

But I totally get what you mean.. The whole switching toons was pretty annoying...

Nerdy Knight
03-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I want to say a few things about Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy 1 was fun.

Final Fantasy 2 was kinda annoying.

Bought 3 for the DS, and thought that was good.

Played 4, but never really got into it.

Never played 5.

Played 6, but also didn't get into it.

Borrowed 7, and thought it was good, but was overrated.

Borrowed 8, and thought it was good.

Never played 9, but heard it wasn't all that good.

Own 10, and got stuck at the guardian before you get back to Zanarkand, but was good.

Never played 11.

Own 12, and thought it was excellent, but data got erased so I have to start all over, and haven't gotten around to it yet.

*Done*

All in all, the Final Fantasy games are good, but some of them aren't as good as people say and are hard to get stuck on. Personally, I've always preferred Dragon Warrior (Quest).

P.S. Final Fantasy X-2 kinda BLEW.

G.Pilot
03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
All in all, the Final Fantasy games are good, but some of them aren't as good as people say and are hard to get stuck on. Personally, I've always preferred Dragon Warrior (Quest).

P.S. Final Fantasy X-2 kinda BLEW.

lol yeah..
But Yuna got a makeover, Rikku was hawt and so was Pain... Haha... So that kinda made up for it.

EpsilonX
04-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Rikku was hawt

totally agree

Kujo
04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Overreated or not.. i am still a huge FF VII fan and always will be. However, 3 is a lot of fun too... and I thought IX and X were both decent.

TinkerTFI
04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
FF3. Hands down.

Aryon984
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
FF3 is FF6 Just 6 was a remake of the original FF3 since FF3 was only Japanese, however 3 was remade for the DS.

FFI - Brilliant
FFII - Not bad
FFIII/FFVI - Alright, kinda got annoying IMO
FFIV - Was fun IMO, but ended up too easy.
FFV - Was alright with the customization and all, but the story was confusing if you had no idea what you were doing.
FFVII - Brilliant game. <3
FFVIII - IMO, even better than FFVII.
FFIX - Was good, but seemed too childish.
FFX - I loved this one too, though the dark aeons were to damned hard. Blitz Ball FTW.
FFX-2 - Sucked nut.
FFXI - haven't played.
FFXII - played the start a little bit and wasn't too thrilled.
FF Tactics - Fun little game for a GBA game.

Kujo
04-22-2008, 10:38 PM
This thread has been ressurected!!!!

younging94
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
I think i would have to say..i unno, i've really never played any FF games (dont know why) except the one my bro had...but, im a huge Square Enix fan, but i want to play i think...the 2 newest one.

If KH3 dosent come out soon, ill just buy those

EpsilonX
05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
FF3 is FF6 Just 6 was a remake of the original FF3 since FF3 was only Japanese, however 3 was remade for the DS.

FFI - Brilliant
FFII - Not bad
FFIII/FFVI - Alright, kinda got annoying IMO
FFIV - Was fun IMO, but ended up too easy.
FFV - Was alright with the customization and all, but the story was confusing if you had no idea what you were doing.
FFVII - Brilliant game. <3
FFVIII - IMO, even better than FFVII.
FFIX - Was good, but seemed too childish.
FFX - I loved this one too, though the dark aeons were to damned hard. Blitz Ball FTW.
FFX-2 - Sucked nut.
FFXI - haven't played.
FFXII - played the start a little bit and wasn't too thrilled.
FF Tactics - Fun little game for a GBA game.

You're mistaken.

First we got japan's FF6 but in america it was called FF3. Then they re-released that game on GBA as Final Fantasy 6 and part of Final Fantasy Anthology on PS1 (also called Final Fantasy 6), and released Japan's Final Fantasy 3 on the DS.

so FF6 in japan = FF3 on SNES and FF6 on GBA/PS1
FF3 in japan = FF3 on DS.

plus, Final Fantasy Tactics was originally a Playstation game, the one for gameboy advance was a watered down spin off (or so i've heard) called final fantasy tactics advance

Final Fantasy Tactics (the real one) was remade for PSP called Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

Iceskater101
05-20-2008, 08:56 PM
hey these games seem fun. I have never played any of them but I have played kingdom hearts and that is fun. But I should try renting any of them.

EpsilonX
05-21-2008, 07:49 PM
hey these games seem fun. I have never played any of them but I have played kingdom hearts and that is fun. But I should try renting any of them.

If you don't mind crappy graphics, i'd recommend final fantasy 7 and/or 8.

definitely borrow though, as 7 sells for $80+. 8 you can get brand new factory sealed for $20 + shipping from amazon.

I've heard good things about 10, and 12 took a much different approach when it came to the characters and the battle system.

Iceskater101
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
If you don't mind crappy graphics, i'd recommend final fantasy 7 and/or 8.

definitely borrow though, as 7 sells for $80+. 8 you can get brand new factory sealed for $20 + shipping from amazon.

I've heard good things about 10, and 12 took a much different approach when it came to the characters and the battle system.

oh wait.. I think i have played the first final fantasy on NES :)

EpsilonX
05-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I think i would have to say..i unno, i've really never played any FF games (dont know why) except the one my bro had...but, im a huge Square Enix fan, but i want to play i think...the 2 newest one.

If KH3 dosent come out soon, ill just buy those

are graphics important to you? If not try to get a copy of final fantasy 7 (i'd recommend borrowing it from a friend though, as the price tag attached to the game is ridiculously high.)

if graphics are important, then go for 10.

I'd recommend 8, but so far i'm not entirely impressed with it (good graphics for ps1, but so far it's sloppy)(yes i'm just now playing through FF8. I beat FF7 for the first time earlier this month as well) but once i beat it i'll tell you what i think

GameSkril.com
05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
It's a tie between 9 and X >.< there both amazing ! but who knows that might change when 13 comes out...

schutzengel
05-29-2008, 04:03 AM
my top 3 ff would be:

FF 7: the best storyline out of all the ff games IMHO.

FF 6: the first ff game that i played and you know what they say, kind of a first love thing i guess

FF tactics: i dunno why, i just loved it, especially the psp version. ORLANDU RULEZ