PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hanged!

souljaa
12-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Finally! Saddam got hanged! What cha'll think?! I think he should've gotten a worse death...But wtvr...He's dead.

LiNuX
12-29-2006, 11:06 PM
well not yet, his execution takes place tomorrow lol, i think he got off too easy, life imprisonment was the good verdict for all, make him suffer

souljaa
12-29-2006, 11:08 PM
No, he just got executed.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061230/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam
And I'll agree, he should've sufered, but...Oh well.

LiNuX
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
oh lol, when they said saturday, they meant their saturday, lol, u know its saturday there earlier than it is here ;D

souljaa
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
oh lol, when they said saturday, they meant their saturday, lol, u know its saturday there earlier than it is here ;D

Hahaha...Yeah..I kinda figured :P. Haha

Wang
12-30-2006, 01:49 AM
one word comes to mind when they said he was executed... OWNED!

nah but seriously, i think iraq is in store for some more major terrorist acts with this happening, yes It halted some action for a bit, but do people honestly think that the select few people who remained loyal to Saddam's Regime wont react? Im sure within the few months we will see much more violence involving not only our troops out there, but the citizens of iraq.

aosmallan
12-30-2006, 11:20 AM

nah but seriously, i think iraq is in store for some more major terrorist acts with this happening, yes It halted some action for a bit, but do people honestly think that the select few people who remained loyal to Saddam's Regime wont react? Im sure within the few months we will see much more violence involving not only our troops out there, but the citizens of iraq.

Have you not been paying attention? They have been reacting for the last 2 years, and especially moreso during and upto the proceedings. Our troops and the citizens of Iraq have been and will for a while continue to be "involved" in the violence that surrounds the entire Middle East. No one expects things to just stop, but that doesn't mean that killing the leader of a brazenly illigitimate and oppressive governmental system isn't cause for some champagne and streamers... because it really is.

No, it won't bring some push-button effect of peace, but thats not what anyone expects, or at least can't expect in the Middle East. It's not so much that order can't be restored in Iraq... Saddam's loyals will filter out, die out, and give up over time. But that's not where we'll find a definitive peace even IF that happens within a decade. Iraq, being in the Middle East, will never see peace until peace around it has been achieved, an unimaginably difficult task. Middle Eastern peace is what dreams are made of, for so, so many reasons.

souljaa
12-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Have you not been paying attention? They have been reacting for the last 2 years, and especially moreso during and upto the proceedings. Our troops and the citizens of Iraq have been and will for a while continue to be "involved" in the violence that surrounds the entire Middle East. No one expects things to just stop, but that doesn't mean that killing the leader of a brazenly illigitimate and oppressive governmental system isn't cause for some champagne and streamers... because it really is.

No, it won't bring some push-button effect of peace, but thats not what anyone expects, or at least can't expect in the Middle East. It's not so much that order can't be restored in Iraq... Saddam's loyals will filter out, die out, and give up over time. But that's not where we'll find a definitive peace even IF that happens within a decade. Iraq, being in the Middle East, will never see peace until peace around it has been achieved, an unimaginably difficult task. Middle Eastern peace is what dreams are made of, for so, so many reasons.

Very well said. Agreed! Espcially the last sentence. :D.

Drake14
12-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm glad he was hanged - He deserved it - No one deserves to be treated the way he treated his people.

souljaa
12-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm glad he was hanged - He deserved it - No one deserves to be treated the way he treated his people.

Yeah, very true, which is why he should've suffered, or had a worse death.

Drake14
12-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Should have given him the "Eye for an eye" treatment! muahahaha ;D

souljaa
12-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Should have given him the "Eye for an eye" treatment! muahahaha ;D

HAHAHAHA...Drake...You crack me up..:P

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
lol, well i still say he should have suffered more, i think what wang tried to say was that the violence is gonna get worse than it already is and than when saddam was caught, thats what my parents are saying too

Twigz
12-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Well, I think that his execution is gonna allow more killing and more violence, not just around the Middle East, but around the world...

aosmallan
12-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, I think that his execution is gonna allow more killing and more violence, not just around the Middle East, but around the world...

It'd almost be eloquent to someone who had no idea what the hell was going on in the world.

Would you like to elaborate on that extremely vague and ambiguous statement?

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 04:18 PM
lol well, i dont know if im gonna ask u to elaborate on that but im gonna ask, why around the world ? lol, its not really something that is affecting the whole planet, just Iraq and some middle eastern countries, and some countries in the U.N.

Twigz
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
OK...what I meant was that as we follow the story, and being that there are people AROUND THE WORLD who are watching all of this violence, in my opinion, I repeat, in my opinion, I feel that this will encourage more violence. Is that any better?

LiNuX
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
no....why would people fight over this in australia? or japan? well anyway, in the middle east, there have been violence already over his death, it was in the news last night, suicide bombers again

Twigz
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
That's what I meant, it's not gonna stop violence, it's going to get worse...

souljaa
01-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah..They should've left Saddam in prison for life and let him suffer.

diablo
01-01-2007, 02:20 PM
yea i heard that, a lotta people already died over it, more blowing up

aosmallan
01-01-2007, 08:23 PM
OK...what I meant was that as we follow the story, and being that there are people AROUND THE WORLD who are watching all of this violence, in my opinion, I repeat, in my opinion, I feel that this will encourage more violence. Is that any better?

I'm really not trying to be an ass.... but No... It's not. You just repeated, and I repeat, the same ambiguously vague statement =P No support, no conjecture, no nothing.

There will continue to be violence over Saddam no matter what his status was, alive or dead... you think that terrorists and Saddam loyalists would show any sort of clemency because we put him in prison for life instead of killing him? (And this is not directed to just you Twigz, but to anyone who supports Saddam's life imprisonment over capital punishment.) Consider this:

Saddam get life imprisonment... where?

Situation #1: Saddam is imprisoned in Iraq, a more diplomatic imprisonment, though less secure -- Attacks increase in efforts to forcibly break Saddam out of prison.

Situation #2: Saddam is imprisoned in an Internationally sanctioned prison/holding facility, less diplomatic, obviously more secure -- Attacks increase in efforts to have him released. A "You let him go and we stop blowing things up." type situation. Neither of which would ever happen; neither side would give in.

And note that in both imprisonment situations, we are paying for Saddam to stay alive. Paying for Saddam to stay alive. Imprisonment is not free nor cheap, especially for so high profile a prisoner as Saddam.

Situation #3: Capital Punishment -- Attacks increase out of revenge and loyalty to Saddam.

At least in death, the threat is eliminated... You kill the leader of a cause, and though it might not stop it, it will most certainly deal a definitive blow to a cause's backbone and supporters. Of course there's always a chance that new leaders will rise up, but by killing Saddam, we increase the chance of his cause and ideals dying out. Who wants to lead a cause that leads you to the fate that Saddam met? How useful are you to a cause hanging from rope? If we kept him alive, we'd leave all his supporters and loyals still fighting for his release for as long as they live, or at least as long as Saddam lives. They might teach their own kids to fight for Saddam, but if there is no man to worship and fight for, we decrease the chances of future followers.

It's just options and probability, no choice will be the infallibly perfect, nor the unerringly moral, but we can weigh our options and play the best hand possible. Capital punishment was, in this case and in my own opinion, the best option available to us.

souljaa
01-01-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm really not trying to be an ass.... but No... It's not. You just repeated, and I repeat, the same ambiguously vague statement =P No support, no conjecture, no nothing.

There will continue to be violence over Saddam no matter what his status was, alive or dead... you think that terrorists and Saddam loyalists would show any sort of clemency because we put him in prison for life instead of killing him? (And this is not directed to just you Twigz, but to anyone who supports Saddam's life imprisonment over capital punishment.) Consider this:

Saddam get life imprisonment... where?

Situation #1: Saddam is imprisoned in Iraq, a more diplomatic imprisonment, though less secure -- Attacks increase in efforts to forcibly break Saddam out of prison.

Situation #2: Saddam is imprisoned in an Internationally sanctioned prison/holding facility, less diplomatic, obviously more secure -- Attacks increase in efforts to have him released. A "You let him go and we stop blowing things up." type situation. Neither of which would ever happen; neither side would give in.

And note that in both imprisonment situations, we are paying for Saddam to stay alive. Paying for Saddam to stay alive. Imprisonment is not free nor cheap, especially for so high profile a prisoner as Saddam.

Situation #3: Capital Punishment -- Attacks increase out of revenge and loyalty to Saddam.

At least in death, the threat is eliminated... You kill the leader of a cause, and though it might not stop it, it will most certainly deal a definitive blow to a cause's backbone and supporters. Of course there's always a chance that new leaders will rise up, but by killing Saddam, we increase the chance of his cause and ideals dying out. Who wants to lead a cause that leads you to the fate that Saddam met? How useful are you to a cause hanging from rope? If we kept him alive, we'd leave all his supporters and loyals still fighting for his release for as long as they live, or at least as long as Saddam lives. They might teach their own kids to fight for Saddam, but if there is no man to worship and fight for, we decrease the chances of future followers.

It's just options and probability, no choice will be the infallibly perfect, nor the unerringly moral, but we can weigh our options and play the best hand possible. Capital punishment was, in this case and in my own opinion, the best option available to us.

Whoa...Never actually looked at those facts. You're really right in every way. So yeah, after reading these facts, I guess it was best to kill him in the end.

LiNuX
01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
well, they could have just put him back in his hole and put a lid on top lol, and throw food in there once a day or so lol

souljaa
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
well, they could have just put him back in his hole and put a lid on top lol, and throw food in there once a day or so lol

Haha...Yeah...But it's Saddam Hussein we're talking about....He got many people, and has the power to do alot.

Rotekoppen
01-06-2007, 06:01 AM
okei he is dead. but what the next one that are taking over for him. what about him. things are not gonna stop becouse he is dead. no.
they are gonna continue the same but with a new leader. and history will repit it self all over again :-\

aosmallan
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
okei he is dead. but what the next one that are taking over for him. what about him. things are not gonna stop becouse he is dead. no.
they are gonna continue the same but with a new leader. and history will repit it self all over again :-\

As is the course of natural human tendencies, for history to repeat itself... People are stupid in general, it's a given. But like I said, you sound like whoever it was earlier that was saying killing him does nothing. Read the previous posts, because my good sir, killing Hussein is the only thing we should have done with him.

Rotekoppen
01-11-2007, 05:07 PM
yes no question about that. ::)