PDA

View Full Version : Gta 4

jakncoke
03-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Gametrailers.com - Grand Theft Auto IV - Everyone's A Rat Trailer HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32308.html)

Rockstar Games today announced a new feature for Grand Theft Auto IV, releasing April 29. Titled the Social Club, the website will act as a community hub for all things GTA IV related. Registration for the Social Club begins exactly two weeks prior to the release of the game on April 15. Either an Xbox Live Gamertag or PlayStation Network ID will earn you access to the Social Club, though the release wasn't specific as to whether that means it will be open to all Xbox Live members or if it will be exclusive to Gold Tier users. We'll update this story later when we get the specific details from Rockstar.

The list of features for the Social Club is as follows:

LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Social Club won't be limited to the list above, according to Rockstar the feature can be expanded with special competitions, leaderboards and new challenges to test gamers months after GTA IV's release. It's interesting to note that the press release continually called it the "Rockstar Social Club" indicating that the same functionality could be applied to future Rockstar properties as well.

Don't feel like put 10 img in so just go here and read the OP

New Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer - Final Trailer up - NeoGAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265192)

Grand Theft Auto IV To Feature Soundtrack Music Downloads Via In-Game Phone

Rockstar is taking a stab at the music download business, using Grand Theft Auto IV as the weapon. Yahoo writes today that Rockstar Games and Amazon have partnered to bring digital downloads of the game's radio tracks to the GTA playing masses, using protagonist Niko's cell phone and the newly announced Rockstar Social Club as part of the delivery method.

Whenever you hear something from the 200-plus song soundtrack you dig, send a text message via your virtual mobile phone to a "ZiT" number. Amazon will build a custom playlist of the songs you like, if you're also registered via the Rockstar Social Club. Sure, it sounds a bit clunky, but also a bit cool. The songs are said to be DRM-free meaning the soundtrack from GTA IV can become the soundtrack for any other game that supports custom playlists. More details on the whole shebang over at Yahoo Videogames.

Yahoo! - 404 Not Found (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/g...-model/1199430)

End of April can't come fast enough.. I hope I can get a copy within reasonable time.

Ubernerd
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes.

Oh, yes.

I so can't wait.

jakncoke
03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

If they have a leaderboard for most time played, I defiantly will try and top that. I logged about 1000 hours into San Andreas. as for driving, I wonder how 12 million feet stacks up against other ppl.

Scott
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Sounds good. I'll need to start finish the games I haven't played in a while or it's going to be a loooong while till I do actually play them again. Also, I thought they said you couldn't swim in it?

jakncoke
03-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Sounds good. I'll need to start finish the games I haven't played in a while or it's going to be a loooong while till I do actually play them again. Also, I thought they said you couldn't swim in it?

wat? who said that? Why would they make a step backwards in the series? That would be just plain stupid.

Scott
03-28-2008, 01:28 PM
wat? who said that? Why would they make a step backwards in the series? That would be just plain stupid.

I think I read it. I also read you can't fly planes....

I've seen the map, and it looks like it'll be Huge which is good

Blackbird
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm have stop liked this game for years ago :)

jakncoke
03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
@ Scott- Sounds like FUD to me. I do recall the no flying things and I'm almost positive it was debunked

@ Blackbird- You haven't stopped liking this game for years now because it hasn't come out, perhaps you mean GTA as a whole in which case.. why reply to this thread.. and for the sake of my eyes and everyone else take some freaking english classes your grammar is terrible.. I don't care if your from a non-english speaking country or not.

Scott
03-28-2008, 01:54 PM
The last thing I read about it was over a month ago. But I did notice that there is an airport in the game. So maybe there is planes because theres parachutes.

Megaman
04-20-2008, 12:07 AM
GTA is so going to be the best game on the current gen consoles.