PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

blaze4556
03-28-2008, 10:16 PM
From the developers that brought you the 2003 game of the year Knights Of The Old Republic, comes Mass Effect

http://masseffect360.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/mass-effect-boxart.jpg

you are commander Shepard a military officer. upon starting the game you'll have the choice of being a preset commander Shepard or customizing your own. you give him a story right at the beginning for example mine was, his parents died when he was young and hes a great war general. then you'll pick the character class. engineer, biotic or soldier. soldiers can use all weapons while engineers and biotic users can only use 2. biotic users can lift enemy's into the air. engineers can hack turrets and tamper with enemy weapons. there are also classes that mix with each other.

you are the commanding officer of the Normandy which is the military's most advance ship. the Normandy's graphics look brilliant and the inside is pretty huge

http://www.primotechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/me_normandy2.jpg

throughout the game you'll be exploring the differant galaxys in the universe and the planets in the galaxy's. although one of the game devs said that Mass Effect has over 100 planets. that may be true that you can see 100 planets on the planet map, there are probably a maximum of 50 planets maybe less. you will sometimes only be able to go to 1 planet per galaxy and there are quite alot of galaxy's. you'll also come across aliens that will want to join up with you. not gonna give away all of them but this guy is AWESOME

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/803/803824/mass-effect-20070711064849487-000.jpg

In battles the game becomes a 3rd person shooter. which is great so your actualy playing the game not just clicking a button and waiting for it to happen. the most fun thing about combat is when a a big alien comes running at you and you use your biotic powers to make him go flying past you lol.

in the story you play as a spectre which is like an agent that's being sent orders by the highest political aliens. so your like the voice of the highest order. a spectre called saren has gone rogue. saren has brought back a robot species that was extinct. the reason why everyone is so worried is because just before the machine race was extinct everything in the universe got wiped out. your job is to find out why that happaned and make sure it does not happan again. the game's story evolves and keeps on getting better and better. while playing you'll be faced with choices good or evil. what will you choose when someones life is in your hands?

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1325/1185831203.jpg

also the game's ending is so groundbreaking, its like watching a real movie. in my opinion Mass Effect should have been Game Of The Year.

story-9.5/10
gameplay-9.4/10
graphics-9.9/10

overall-9.8/10

LiNuX
03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
great review here :) +rep given for your first review - i never played mass effect and I've heard its great - I may give it a try in the future if fate fits it

good review once again - and that's a very high overall rating :)

blaze4556
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
thanks and yeah mass effect is an all round good game

jakncoke
03-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Defiantly going to be one of the first games I get when I get my 360

Raw!
03-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Good review.
Covers a lot of stuff, but the thing that you should do better is try and make it proper punctuation. It'd help a lot. Thanks.

blaze4556
04-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Good review.
Covers a lot of stuff, but the thing that you should do better is try and make it proper punctuation. It'd help a lot. Thanks.

Alright i'll keep that in mind for my next review :yes:

wifi
04-01-2008, 12:05 PM
good review, i played this a little on my friend's 360 not too long ago lol, graphics are HOT :-P good pics you got up there

Scott
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I liked Mass Effect. But more of the planets should have been part of the story. Too many of them were uninhabited.

MissLEGENDARY
09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I just bought mass effect. And I've been playing it for 5 hours straight. I love it.