PDA

View Full Version : Why do some publishers....

younging94
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
only release games on one console?

I know its probally more than one reason they do it, but whats a main reason or even just one reason? ;(

I WANT TO PLAY LOST ODYSSEY

conman1000
03-29-2008, 03:22 PM
They probably sign a deal with whatever company, the company thinks that if the game is only released on their console, then mroe people would want to buy there console.

Riku-Nara
03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Graphical advantages?
Money issues?

Kujo
03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Propriety issues. When a game is released on a single platform its because of a partnership between the 2 companies. More often than not, its the owner of the console (Sony, Microsoft), that will purchase the license to a particular franchise that they believe will boost sales of there console if its only available on theres.

jakncoke
03-29-2008, 05:19 PM
money hats. the 3 consoles need to exclusive games to make consumer feel that a particular console has the most bang for the buck, I couldn't imagine a gaming generation with no exclusive games. In Lost Odyssey case it's made by Mistwalker which is Microsoft funded company which sole purpose is too help Microsoft gaming position in Japan, that is why you won't see LO on the PS3 or Wii, as for wanting to play LO... just buy a 360.

LiNuX
03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
what jak said is probably the best answer - it is the company's way of getting you to buy the console, many people wouldn't have bought the xbox or xbox 360 if it wasn't for the whole Halo thing being there, i have actually heard people buying the 360 to play Halo 3 and nothing else lol