PDA

View Full Version : Man of questions, looking for answers.

Kujo
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Ok, I posted this as a reply to something Raw said regarding my venom sig, but as I figure that not too many people will go looking int here, I thought I might repost it here.

My knowledge of creating various looks and effects is VERY limited. For instance Raw, those lines you have in your Afro Samurai sig... i don't even have the slightest clue as to how you made them look so bad ass. Every time I try to draw out something like that I get very choppy crap. I'm not asking for everyone to reveal there trademark secrets but if you guys could give me something... some clue as to how you guys achieve some of those bad ass effects and looks you get. Those super clean lines, those crazy shadowings and fadings and such... I have NO idea how those things are done.

So there you have it. I have looked up tutorials and such but, every tut I have seen is for a professional type project, not for things you'd see in a forum sig. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

rukisuto
03-31-2008, 01:55 PM
I would LOVE to help you, but I use PSP not PS.
But in the mean time.. where have you looked for tutorials so far?
If anything they will have some on deviantart.com.
I also recommend just fiddling with everything.
I do it all the time to see what kind of effects I can get.

Eric
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah where are you looking for your tutorials at? I don't use PS although I do have CS2, haven't learned it yet as I use GIMP right now because im used to it.

Raw!
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
... Haha. Don't mind me, I just sometimes say what's on my mind.
I'd like to help you too. Tell me what program you use and I'll find some stuff that can help you. You still make great sigs, probably greater than me. Also, most of my lines are vector brushes.

Kujo
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, right now I have and use PS CS2. I have looked all over the net. plantetphotoshop.com, and various other tutorial sites. I dont think i've searched deviantart for tuts. And Raw... not to give you a big head or sound modest myself but, i still think your Afro sigurai (see what i did there?!?!) is one of the best sigs I've seen.

Also, what do you mean when you say most of your lines are vector brushes? I went out and I got some new brushes from various sites but none of them look like anything i've seen in your work. Where do you go for brushes and such?

Raw!
03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
By Vector Brushes, I mean that it's just a certain style of brushes that are all lines.
My Afro Sig consists mainly of those, and I used a new layer each time I brushed something new so I could turn them into different colors and make it appealing to the eye. Took about half an hour, but it is my best work.

Also, I can help you with CS2 anyday. PM me about problems and I'll help. I'd also like to ask how you do those effects in the captain america sig, they look really nice.

Kujo
03-31-2008, 04:43 PM
You mean the smudgeing on the sides? Scatter + soft brush + smudge = sweet looks

rukisuto
03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Cool, you got Raw to help you :]

I still recommend going onto deviantart and searching there.
You'll find almost any tut imaginable.
They shouldn't be too advanced/professional for the most part either.
It's a community of all-aged artists.

Kujo
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
yea, but he PMd me and said in exchange for his help, I owed him sexual favors... I'm still debating.