PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New Moderator

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Gamers Forum is in need of another Moderator for our forums. School is opening this week and i have work after school so I will be busy and i may not be able to spend so much time looking over the posts and moderate them. The forum has been getting a lot more activity lately so i am in need of another moderator to help moderate the forum.

Requirements:
1. At least 125 posts at a minimum.
2. You must be active on the forum. Active enough to be able to look over all new posts and moderate them if necessary.
3. You must be user friendly :)
4. Mature -- If you have 300 posts with useless posts and uninformative and childish, that is not mature.

What to do:
1. In the tryout Section, make a topic called "Moderator Tryout (Username)" put ur username where it says (Username)
2. Post your age, name, location, and how active you think that you are.
3. Why do you think that you should get this position and not someone else?
4. Any previous admin or moderator experience on any other forum. If any, list the forum name, link not required.
5. Any other information that you think will work in your advantage.

Do not make a topic if you have less than 125 posts. If you think that you are not active enough for the forum, now is the time. You can start posting a lot more today and help our community grow. The person that contributes the most will get the position.

The new moderator will be selected on Saturday January 6th. That's 6 days from now. (date may change depending on free time of administrator)

Good luck to all. If you have questions, ask in this topic.

Drake14
12-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Have four years experience of html.
Have Knowledge of FTP programs
Know basic Javascript
Have knowledge of Photoshop
Can Create basic web page layouts
Can Organize files
Can Keep track of scripts and e-mails
Can Maintain Network Traffic
Am a moderator at Yurx.com
Administrated several phpBB and SMF forums

Thank your for your time,

Theres my experience ;D

If you give me a day or 2...well maybe tomorrow to get my posts up to 125....but theres my resume for right now ;D

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
lol well this topic is for questions about this, but i like ur resume lol, i will not be making the decision alone, my current mods will help me decide, lol @ organize files for a forum, nice, i could use that :)

diablo
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM
wow i should try out, even though im not as active as i used to be, i was on vacation last week lol, so i didnt come on in a while, its all good now, i'll make a topic later on tonite if i can, good luck to all the people trying for the position

LiNuX
01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
a little change had to be made, sorry if this is inconvenient, but the new moderator appointing has been moved one day to Saturday January 6th instead of the 5th due to lack of time to choose before that. I will be free saturday night and i will discuss who gets the position with my forum staff tomorrow and friday.

Sorry and Thank you!

Twigz
01-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Sorry ya'll...it is very hard to pick between the candidates now because they all have good qualities for it and their qualifications and experience is excellent...the staff has been conversing and thinking hard, but so far no decision has been made. Expect one tomorrow at 6 pm sharp. Thanks for your patience! :-\

diablo
01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
lol thats funny, i forgot to make a topic for me lol, o well, next time, well what happened yesterday when u were supposed to announce it?