PDA

View Full Version : Convert to GunGame?

LiNuX
04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
For those that know what GunGame is in the games such as Counter-Strike: Source then I have a question for you regarding our CSS Server.

But first I will explain a bit more about GunGame. This is where you level up by killing your opponents. There is a last level which is usually the Knife if configured properly and if you get to the last level and kill someone with the knife, you get a Win in that Gun Game. It is more fun than a regular game in my opinion since you have an objective and only one person can win.

Question is, should I Convert the GF CSS server to Gun Game? We have had people play in our server but over the past month traffic has decreased so I hope this will increase the amount of people that come and play.

Vote and post comments here.

~LiNuX

Kujo
04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Anything to increase membership use and internet traffics.

Dflat Major
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Anything to increase membership use and internet traffics.

well said my friend

FattaT
04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Even though I have only been on the server once, I think you should change it to gun game.
Gun Game is always fun... when good maps are picked to along with the mod :yes:

LiNuX
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Even though I have only been on the server once, I think you should change it to gun game.
Gun Game is always fun... when good maps are picked to along with the mod :yes:

mostly small maps with De_dust2 in there somewhere lol, it's fun there too even though the Terrorists have a huge advantage cuz they can easily surround the counter-terrorists

fy_iceworld_cssource
fy_snow_css
fy_pool_day_css (I think that's the name)
zm_lila
de_dust2
fy_dinoiceworld (if I can find it for css)

just some I have in mind

that's about it - i'll be trying to install the GG mod next weekend (have stuff this one)

Kujo
04-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh yea... btw... Kujo has never played CS or CSS..... :O

YuriPrime
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, gungame is lots of fun. Though I must say I prefer the format where you start with the "best" guns (ie: machine gun, m4, ak) and work your way down to the "worst" guns (ie: pistols). I've been on many servers that are the other way around and it gets frustrating if you fall behind because the chances of you catching up is slim. And of course, losing a level when you get knifed adds a whole other level of strategy and fun to the game. :D

Oh and about the terrorists having an advantage, can't you make it a deathmatch format where people respawn in random places and perhaps needing 2 kills per gun to level up to slow the game down a bit?

Those are just my suggestions.

LiNuX
04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, gungame is lots of fun. Though I must say I prefer the format where you start with the "best" guns (ie: machine gun, m4, ak) and work your way down to the "worst" guns (ie: pistols). I've been on many servers that are the other way around and it gets frustrating if you fall behind because the chances of you catching up is slim. And of course, losing a level when you get knifed adds a whole other level of strategy and fun to the game. :D

Oh and about the terrorists having an advantage, can't you make it a deathmatch format where people respawn in random places and perhaps needing 2 kills per gun to level up to slow the game down a bit?

Those are just my suggestions.

i haven't even gotten the mod yet to know what its like and how I can edit it lol, so you'll have to wait for that news later

Blackbird
04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't mind the Gun game mode but what about RPG mode? LoL

rukisuto
04-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Gun game sounds like fun.
I think it would get some people interested.

Mathgod's idea of working backwards is pretty nifty :]

LiNuX
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't mind the Gun game mode but what about RPG mode? LoL

there is an rpg mode for css? lol, i did not know that - i know there is deathmatch, BF2, and a few other mods, but RPG is new to me

YuriPrime
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
there is an rpg mode for css? lol, i did not know that - i know there is deathmatch, BF2, and a few other mods, but RPG is new to me
I've been on a few RPG servers before and they are a ton of fun, but a word of caution - almost every RPG server I have been on has eventually crashed and taken down for good. So if you don't have a great server I don't recommend the RPG mod.

LiNuX
04-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I've been on a few RPG servers before and they are a ton of fun, but a word of caution - almost every RPG server I have been on has eventually crashed and taken down for good. So if you don't have a great server I don't recommend the RPG mod.

i have a great server, just not a great internet connection - and i've never played RPG mod to know what it's like, so im better off working with something I know so nothing gets screwed up