PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Point

rukisuto
04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPO/505660~Vantage-Point-Posters.jpg

Starring: Matthew Fox, William Hurt, Dennis Quaid, Forest Whitaker
Directed By: Pete Travis
Released By: Sony
Theatrical Release Date: 02/22/2008

Synopsis:
As the President arrives in Salamanca, gunshots ring out. An American tourist has captured footage of the would-be assassin on videotape, and now, as the stories of the other four witnesses unfold, each essential piece of the puzzle quickly falls into place. Only when all of the stories are told will the chilling truth to this shocking crime finally emerge.

Review:
I really thought this was a great movie. The movie started out with the viewer finding out the main plot of the movie, and then we got to see it from the view of several different people. I admit, everytime the clock rewound I groaned. I definitely just wanted to know what was going on, lol. It was really interesting to see how all the strangers were connected to eachother and to the assassination of the president. The film kept you on the edge of your seat and was filled with plenty of twists and turns. I definitely recommend seeing this movie when it comes on DVD, it was really entertaining.

Critics Rating: 4/10
My Rating: 7/10

LiNuX
04-06-2008, 02:14 PM
i wanted to see this movie but everytime i plan something, something else takes its place so i just gave up lol

rukisuto
04-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I put it off for a while too, lol.
I just forgot about it.

I was surprised to see how low of a rating critics gave it.
Critics suck at movie reviews.

1000 POST :]

LiNuX
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I just forgot about it.

lol, april and may are bad months to watch movies - they waste a few hours and my finals start at the end of the month and i have a bunch of term reports to do so i'll probably wait for the movie to come out somewhere on tv or borrow from a friend if anyone gets it when it comes out on dvd or something

congratz on the 1000th post :)

Dflat Major
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I just forgot about it.

CONGRATS RUKI <3
lmao

Megaman
04-20-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't really like the idea of going over the same scene more than twice. That's why I never went to see this.

LiNuX
04-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't really like the idea of going over the same scene more than twice. That's why I never went to see this.

well some movies can actually get away with it because they know how to use this to their advantage - shows you different perspectives

they did that with the show Lost before, but not too much but it was interesting, thats why i watched the whole thing

Scott
04-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I heard a lot of bad things about this. That's why I never went to see it (not that I would have went if I wanted to). I don't think I'll bother buying it on DVD I mean once you know what happened would you wanna see it again?

rukisuto
04-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I heard a lot of bad things about this. That's why I never went to see it (not that I would have went if I wanted to). I don't think I'll bother buying it on DVD I mean once you know what happened would you wanna see it again?

I'd probably watch it again once or twice.
It's definitely not a movie you'd want to see over and over.

I did like it though.
It was interesting and had a lot of twists in it.

There were a lot of mixed reviews about it though, so you probably either love it or hate it.