PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield Review

Dflat Major
04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Cloverfield_theatrical_poster.jpg

Cloverfield ( 1-18-08 )

Story 10/10
This story is based upon a monster, know as Cloverfield that attacks central Manhattan. The story is viewed by a perspective of a handy video camera, dragged around by several of the main characters, such as Rob Hawkins (Michael Stahl-David), Jason (Mike Vogel), and Jason's best friend, "Hud" (T. J. Miller) Throughout the movie there are flashbacks (the parts are show when he cuts off the camera, because it is shown from the previous tape. ) Before the monter attacks, the story takes place at Rob's apartment, a surprise party for his going away to Japan, to be a successful Vice President for a company better known as Slusho. During this, Rob thinks it is wrong because he loves Beth (Odette Yustman), whom went off with another man, for the reasons that 'he never called her', and that he was leaving. There are also other relations, such as Jason and our other main character, Lily (Jessica Lucas). When the monster attacks, Rob gets a voice mail from Beth, saying she is trapped and cannot move. Rob attempts to go save her, with some creepy and romantic scenes in the process. I rated the Story a 10 simply because you cannot decide what's going on completely just from the outlook you see on the movie, or from watching. You must look for the pieces to fill the puzzle, in this movie.

http://images.tomshardware.com/2007/08/03/011808.jpg

Creativity 10/10

The Creativity is a simply wow. The movie is filmed from a shaky hand-held camera, and the monster is not something you'll see in an everyday monster film.
The monster itself is extremely creative, especially the story that follows behind it. ( Which you must look for yourself, whilest watching the movie, because it is not blankly placed out there.)
For example, the parasites were very scary and creepy for anyone, especially the effects from being bitten.
A lot of people complain about the shaky camera, however I disagree with them. In my opinion, the camera added to the experience, making it feel as if you were actually there, holding that camera, and running from this god-like monster.
I give Creativity a 10 out of 10 because in my opinion, I've never seen a movie as creative as this.

Overall 10/10

This movie is a MUST SEE for any monster movie fans.
Or any movie fans, for that matter.

I also gave it a 10 because of how you must find out for yourself of the originality of the monster, hidden parts of the story, and such, which I think adds to the creativity.

The DVD hits stores 4-22-08 !