PDA

View Full Version : Longer the Better

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I was talking to a friend today who loves RPGs. And he said, the Longer the story goes, the longer the game lasts, the better the game is. Anybody else agree with that?

I kinda agree but it really depends on what game it is. He is a final fantasy fan so im guessing thats why he said that. Games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a little too long lol. From the people i've spoken to its a pain in the @$$.

jasonbay
01-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I acually agree with him . Gta-San Andreas storyline wasnt really that long . It could have been longer but 2 problems that plaque San Andreas . 1. The missions get repeitive , drive here ...shoot these ppl , drive back. Basicly summed up the storyline. And the storyline wasnt the pain in the ass it was all the side mission **** that they didnt even help you out with . If you dont have a internet your screwed theres literally no possible way to find all tags , oysters , pics , horseshoes unless you play like 10k hours and who wants to do that .

Sidenote :Highfive for me posting: . Sorry I have to say im not coming back either . The really dark background with white letter kills my eyes and gives me migranes . So if you ever get a light background with normall color posting shoot me a PM at sportssession.

Drake14
01-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Yea - sounds right to me - But as long as its long and interesting - a lot of repetition with a lame storyline is gay. But i always enjoy a longer storyline - I think Guild Wars has a pretty long storyline.

souljaa
01-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I agree, that's mostly what I look for in a game..It just makes it more intresting and makes you want to keep playing.

LiNuX
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Sidenote :Highfive for me posting: . Sorry I have to say im not coming back either . The really dark background with white letter kills my eyes and gives me migranes . So if you ever get a light background with normall color posting shoot me a PM at sportssession.

well thx for posting again, but you can always change the theme to basically the default theme, until i get an alternative lighter theme, i'll pm u this

King Liquid
01-02-2007, 07:12 AM
I have to agree that the longer the story is, the better. I played Guild Wars and it was VERY small, although it grows if you buy the expansions.

aosmallan
01-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Agreed.

Pretty much what everyone else said. I'll take it as long as it wants to be as long as it's captivating and original. Otherwise it's out the window.

M_Nabil
01-26-2007, 10:35 PM
As long as new chapters bring new gaming experience and different surrounding world it's good but some RPGs are just very repetitive which is very boring.

LiNuX
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
As long as new chapters bring new gaming experience and different surrounding world it's good but some RPGs are just very repetitive which is very boring.

it is repetitive, but leveling up a character can get addictive sometimes lol, thats why people play these games for so long, trust me i know lol, its always about being better than others, especially in MMORPGs

Drake14
01-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Definitely, that's why i loved guild wars so much. There were always new areas with higher level creatures to fight to level up your character!

M_Nabil
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM

it is repetitive, but leveling up a character can get addictive sometimes lol, thats why people play these games for so long, trust me i know lol, its always about being better than others, especially in MMORPGs

Maybe because I never played MMORPGs, I only played single player RPGs.

LiNuX
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
oh, i dont play single player rgps that much, i played FFX lol, long time ago, i find mmorpgs better to play since u have others to play with and against and its competition

wifi
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
well i have to say that the longer the game, the more interesting it is, or the makers of the game had a great game in mind or something u know, it wouldnt necessarily be "better"