PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla Unleashed

Scott
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Somebody please re leash him!

This isn't the nasty Jurassic Park Godzilla of the hollywood remake - it's proper vintage Japanese 'Zilla complete with hilariously poor monsters and the worlds worst special effects. As such, it could have made a decent enough comedy videogame, but it takes itself far too seriously. The only laughs you'll get out of this are crazed giggles of despair when you realise you've just blown perfectly good money on something not very nice at all.

Aliens have invaded earth and planted enormous crystals that turn the worlds 'friendly' monsters into city wrecking beasts. As godzilla, or one of his rubbery chums, you have to beat some sence back into the rampaging creatures and see off the invaders.

The problem is the utter crapness of the slow-motion fighting, which is like wrestling iin a swimming pool full of treacle. The controls are unreliable, and the enemys are stupid enough to just fight each other while you stand back and wait for the round to finish.

You can also just walk over the crystals and smash them up to win, which is certainly a lot more enjoyable than getting knocked over by death rays and buzzed by annoying planes that drag your focus away from the monsters you're meant to be fighting.

And if you can't be bothered to do that much, leave the controls alone and wait for godzilla to faint, which moves you onto the next level automatically. That's my prefered option.

Graphics:

Rough backgrounds with decent monsters and sparkly effects.
66/100

Gameplay:

Punch crystals and suffer some horibly unresponsive fighting controls.
30/100

Lifespan:

Completing the main game takes less than 4 hours.
50/100

Overall:

Dodgy monster beat 'em up that doesn't get anything right. The worst game I have played.
45/100

blaze4556
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Scott if you want a really fun giant monster beat em up game then i recommened you try "War Of The Monsters" that was awesome.

p.s i think you should have had a pic in there

Scott
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Scott if you want a really fun giant monster beat em up game then i recommened you try "War Of The Monsters" that was awesome.

p.s i think you should have had a pic in there

I know but I can't add pics 'cause I'm using the PS3. I think I played that war of the monsters.... was that on the PS2?

blaze4556
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
yes it was on the ps2 and oh i see, i feel for you man. i remember having to use the wii's web browser when my pc broke...i'll never forget that ;(

Scott
04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
yes it was on the ps2 and oh i see, i feel for you man. i remember having to use the wii's web browser when my pc broke...i'll never forget that ;(

I've found a way to set up pictures now. But it takes a while. I've got to put the whole address in without copy and paste. I still cant seem to get links to work though.

blaze4556
04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I've found a way to set up pictures now. But it takes a while. I've got to put the whole address in without copy and paste. I still cant seem to get links to work though.

I suggest you wait till you get a pc, then edit it and put the pics in

Scott
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I suggest you wait till you get a pc, then edit it and put the pics in

Yeah whenever that iis. My sister has had it since xmas. She was only supposed to be changing the graphics card. But she's coming up at the end of the month so I hope she brings it then...