PDA

View Full Version : I hate snipers...

Foxhound
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
There, I said it. No matter which game, I hate them. I feel a lot of the time they just ruin the general gaming experience. I have never understood the joy of being far away from all the action and just lesiurely taking shots at people.

What are your thoughts of your average sniper in a game?

Nerdy Chief
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I know what you mean because if way back hiding and your in a nice fire fight they just ruin it for you by taking out your target and then even worse they take you out with them

Scott
04-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I think they're a valuable part of any team. I don't see the fun of going rambo, getting a kill or 2, if you're lucky, dying, then repeating.

I see snipers as tactical s'long as you dont camp in one area for the entire game and continually move to were the actions at it can be a lot of fun and test your skill-set

LiNuX
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
really depends on the game - the only shooter i play these days is counter-strike and it actually has recoil - the snipers have the most recoil in the game - in 1.6 the recoil is very realistic and you need a lot of skills to handle and shoot a sniper and hit your mark and you can only shoot one bullet every second or two so it's nothing too much to get annoyed about

rukisuto
04-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree, somewhat.
The snipers that camp are the only ones who annoy me.
I like being tactical and having snipers on my team though.

Creed
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Snipers are indeed a valuable to any team. I like it when I have a really good sniper on my team it really helps.

In most games sniper rifles are hard to use, they tend to have the most recoil in the game and have a incredibly slow rate of fire. If someone manages to master the weapon you shouldn't get annoyed at them.

Iceskater101
04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
snipers are awesome! (except when you get like hit/killed by them) :)

Eric
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I love sniping, probably one of the things I do most. Sometimes I do get bored though and go on a killing spree ::)

Blackbird
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah you get used of the snipers in the game, so it's good to have one in the team xD

Jjjet1
04-14-2008, 10:46 AM
i personally love sniping. it's what i can do with ease. especially in halo. just point click bam. head shot and point click bam another head shot. i usually like to have a battle rifle with me too when i snipe because those are just awesome to have. but if you're good enough to know how to dodge a sniper and kill him them you shouldn't have to worry much about them.

EpsilonX
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Whenever i play a FPS usually i find a sniper and start sniping people...It's the only way i can get kills and can play a FPS without getting pissed.

Nerdy Knight
04-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Snipers can be a very good tactically, but otherwise, they are useless. They are cheap, but only when somebody is camping. When all they do is just stay in one spot, and wait for an unexpecting person to come along...BANG! Otherwise, they aren't a bad idea to have.

Iceskater101
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
well the best thing about a sniper is you can take them out from behind for example halo 3 the snipers like when you snipe you cant see your radar so you cant see if someone sneaks up behind you

IceCold
04-15-2008, 03:59 AM
95% of snipers are just wusses that don't have the balls to jump into the fray, therefor they are easy to counter

Foxhound
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
What brought this up is a match on Creek on COD4. My team spawned and I looked at them. EVERYONE but me was a sniper. The majority of the other teams was snipers. I just don't get it.

They should have some sort of limitations of kit usage in games.

Jjjet1
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
95% of snipers are just wusses that don't have the balls to jump into the fray, therefor they are easy to counter

well i must be in that 5% because i love entering into a fray. i usually kill off a bunch of people first. then i retreat back and snipe them ;) it's actually really sweet when i pull it off becaue i can get up to three or four people. granted it only happened a few times but still it happened!

Ghost
04-16-2008, 10:27 AM
i dont mind snipers but i do thing games should have a limit on them so you dont have a whole team doing it. i think 2 per side would be right on games like cod

Megaman
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
What brought this up is a match on Creek on COD4. My team spawned and I looked at them. EVERYONE but me was a sniper. The majority of the other teams was snipers. I just don't get it.

They should have some sort of limitations of kit usage in games.

Yep COD4 level Creek is going to have the majority of snipers, the only think that pisses me off more is the fact that the levels are not balanced.