PDA

View Full Version : GTA4: PS3's biggest title ever

Scott
04-09-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/08/gta-iv-is-biggest-ever-title-for-ps3-in-europe/

Nice a multi platform game beats all the exclusives :)

Foxhound
04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Not hard to predict given GTA Started on the Playstation brand last gen. That and because everyone just assumed because the xbox 360 version will have exclusive downloadable content, that people would pick it over the PS3 version. However, there are a lot more uninformed people out there that don't even know about it.

That if your looking forward to just about any PS3 Game in 2008, GTA 4 is a great game to start off with your new purchase of a PS3.

I still think GTA 4 is a system seller for both consoles, however I'd say it will drive more hardware for 360 in North America. Microsoft announcing a GTA 4 bundle with an Xbox 360 would have been a good move, but alas, they aren't smart enough for that.

Scott
04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Not hard to predict given GTA Started on the Playstation brand last gen. That and because everyone just assumed because the xbox 360 version will have exclusive downloadable content, that people would pick it over the PS3 version. However, there are a lot more uninformed people out there that don't even know about it.

That if your looking forward to just about any PS3 Game in 2008, GTA 4 is a great game to start off with your new purchase of a PS3.

I still think GTA 4 is a system seller for both consoles, however I'd say it will drive more hardware for 360 in North America. Microsoft announcing a GTA 4 bundle with an Xbox 360 would have been a good move, but alas, they aren't smart enough for that.
I don't it is a matter of being smart enough.

If the US Retailers are anything like the UK Retailers then the major game software/hardware sellers will have a GTA4 Bundle anyway with all consoles that it'll be on.

MetalMario
04-16-2008, 04:19 AM
This isn't that suprising - I personaly know 3 people who have either recently bought a PS3 or are buying a PS3 just for GTA 4: When questioned as to why they'd buy a PS3 for the game but not a 360, despite the higher price of the PS3, they all say they just preffer playstation as it has all the franchises they associate with quality gaming (GTA, MGS, Tekken etc) Europe has been sony land for over a decade now and that really isnt going to change just yet - most casual sony fans I speak to dont even realise the games coming out on 360 too and when I inform them about 360's exclusive DLC its met with a collective "meh" and "who wants to pay for that extra stuff that should be in the game anyways?".

Ghost
04-16-2008, 08:59 AM
for now maybe but wait till mgs4

Scott
04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
for now maybe but wait till mgs4

No way the MGS4 sales will be anywhere near the GTAIV sales and I'm only talking about the PS3 number. Both will obviously sell very well though.

EpsilonX
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
No way the MGS4 sales will be anywhere near the GTAIV sales and I'm only talking about the PS3 number. Both will obviously sell very well though.

You're right. GTA games have always sold more than MGS games. so i think GTA4 will be one of PS3's most popular titles, but MGS4 will probably be the best (until FF13 is released, that'll be close)