PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters never prosper: Microsoft resets cheaters gamescore

Scott
04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
According to major nelson anyway....

Todays steps take the form of the following:

Resetting the entire gamescore for an account to zero

The account will be unable to regain all previously obtained achievements and gamescore, however the players will have the ability to gain future achievements by earning them fairly like the majority of XBOX LIVE Community does.

The account will be clearly labled as a cheater for the community to view on xbox.com

YuriPrime
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea . . . taking notes LiNuX? ;-)

Jjjet1
04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
cheaters like bots or cheaters like cheat codes? wtf?

Scott
04-15-2008, 09:27 PM
cheaters like bots or cheaters like cheat codes? wtf?

My guess is that he means people who use cheat codes in games.

dragoncaw
04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
i use cheats but only when ive completed it first

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
lol, all i can say is - OWNED

Doesn't sound like a bad idea . . . taking notes LiNuX? ;-)

taking notes for what?

Scott
04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah I want to know what you're talking about too? Linux couldn't reset our gamescore. Although he could reset our post cound (could you?)

YuriPrime
04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
taking notes for what?
You know, the arcade . . .

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 10:13 PM
You know, the arcade . . .

the thing is, if i click "reset" - all scores go down - if i want to target an individual, i have to remove each score manually which can get annoying

the arcade isn't as advanced as Xbox live lol

Jjjet1
04-15-2008, 10:31 PM
that would be completely lame if my score was reset! i would be soo mad! i got like 11k or 12k

blaze4556
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
My guess is that he means people who use cheat codes in games.

lol no, he means people that find a way to add game saves to there HDD so that they get 1000/1000 in a game and there gamerscore will go up. lol i was browsing the xbox 360 forums like a couple of months ago and i saw this guy who completed "Blue Dragon" (i think thats the name) and he got 1000/1000. then this other person posted and said something like "hey, my blue dragon save is corrupted can i please have yours?" thats an example of someone trying to get another persons game save on forums.

p.s the guy that asked for the game save had 90,000gs. obviously through cheating

YuriPrime
04-15-2008, 11:37 PM
the thing is, if i click "reset" - all scores go down - if i want to target an individual, i have to remove each score manually which can get annoying

the arcade isn't as advanced as Xbox live lol
Yeah . . . on second thought wiping scores wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't take Shamus very long to get the scores back with that laptop anyhow. :-(

Ghost
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
is this needed? cheating is wrong but how does cheating your gamescore effect others?

Kujo
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
about damn time! i hope all those halo 1-3 hackers get what they deserve!

Jjjet1
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
about damn time! i hope all those halo 1-3 hackers get what they deserve!

oh i hate those halo hackers! especially when i join a game and then bam i get killed every spawn because of some lame hacker.

Iceskater101
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
hackers ruin the video games I mean seriously they are fun but WE DONT NEED THE HACKERS!

Samus-Fan
04-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah . . . on second thought wiping scores wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't take Shamus very long to get the scores back with that laptop anyhow. :-(

xD Are you worried so much about me beating your high-scores that you have to dis my laptop? I mean, Sure, My laptop can't hadle huge amounts of animation, but it doesn't run slowly- It lags! Lag is when your missle could be:

^Here without lag
And then ^Here when the lag heals

It's harder.

blaze4556
04-17-2008, 06:31 PM
xD Are you worried so much about me beating your high-scores that you have to dis my laptop? I mean, Sure, My laptop can't hadle huge amounts of animation, but it doesn't run slowly- It lags! Lag is when your missle could be:

^Here without lag

It's harder.

my son, use the force (aim 3 meters infront) works eveytime ;-)

YuriPrime
04-18-2008, 12:17 PM

^Here without lag

It's harder.
Actually it is you personally that deserves to be dissed, cheating and pretending to be legit. See, when the game says that your time elapsed is 28:20 when all the other times are well under 6 minutes, that is evidence that your laptop is making the game run MUCH slower and therefore you have a hugely unfair advantage. Beat my score with a time played under . . . lets make it even 8 minutes, and I'll have some respect for you.

blaze4556
04-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Actually it is you personally that deserves to be dissed, cheating and pretending to be legit. See, when the game says that your time elapsed is 28:20 when all the other times are well under 6 minutes, that is evidence that your laptop is making the game run MUCH slower and therefore you have a hugely unfair advantage. Beat my score with a time played under . . . lets make it even 8 minutes, and I'll have some respect for you.

ladies ladies!! dont get your handbags out :laugh:

Toby83
04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
lol I wouldn't go ahead and rest all you like :p

Foxhound
04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I thought this was funny for about 2 seconds until I really thought about it.

They spent who knows how much time/effort/money "fixing" "cheaters" gamescores while I had to wait 6 months to get my XBLA content back because of their broken DRM and faulty consoles?

Way to prioritise there MS!