PDA

View Full Version : PS3 is capabile of self-cleaning

Scott
04-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Ran accross this while browsing around, this is a really cool feature and it seems that few people have attested to it. It seems that the PS3 has a feature that does a "fan test" and it actualy blows the dust out of the PS3 itself.

However this feature is known to only work on the 40gig ps3 models.

Step 1: Turn off you're PS3
Step 2: Turn off the power in the back using the power switch
Step 3: Hold the eject button and keep holding it
Step 4: While holding the eject button turn on the power switch on the back of you're ps3
Step 5: You will hear the fans in the back of you're PS3 start blowing for a minute then stop... all done

There's also a video on Youtube called ps3 fan test ( cant post links)

IceCold
04-16-2008, 03:24 AM
It's interesting, especially since its not given any mention of it what so ever in the owners manual for the ps3.

I wonder if sony will comment on this... its a very neat function all ps3s should use this! makes things easier. I figure Im going to do this once a month now that i have found out about it. this really is a suprise to me i mean why would sony not mention this feature in the manual?

MetalMario
04-16-2008, 03:46 AM
The 360 does this standard every time you play a disc based game.

IceCold
04-16-2008, 03:49 AM
The 360 does this standard every time you play a disc based game.

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm, but the noise of the 360 is the DVD drive, not the fans, they dont blow as fast as the PS3 does.

Scott
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
It's interesting, especially since its not given any mention of it what so ever in the owners manual for the ps3.

I wonder if sony will comment on this... its a very neat function all ps3s should use this! makes things easier. I figure Im going to do this once a month now that i have found out about it. this really is a suprise to me i mean why would sony not mention this feature in the manual?

There is probably no mention since this apparently does not work on every sku. Talk about a marketing disaster.

Megaman
04-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow I've got to try that with mine.