PDA

View Full Version : Will Wright's Spore - The videogame to end all videogames

MetalMario
04-17-2008, 04:11 AM
So, I was jus wondering how many of you were looking forward to 'Sims' creator Will Wright's eagarly anticipated new game 'Spore' set to hit the shelves 6 months from now. The last time Wright sat back and spent this much time developing a single project was from 1995 - 2000 at which point the Sims was being conceived. As most know the game took ideas of escapism to it's purest. Allowing players to live an alternative virtual life. The game went on to become the biggest selling videogame of all time - with over 16 million copies shifted to date.

The idea of Spore is simailarly brave yet holds onto the common concepts brought about by Wright's company Maxis in general it is 'evolution. as a videogame. With players controling their own custom created species from multicellular organism stage all the way up to spacefaring creature stage. With creator Wright listing ideas such as Packman and 2001: a space oddyssey an inspiration for his concept, it remains to be seen whether or not such a huge undertaking is manageable but there certainly hasn't been a videogame like it.

IceCold
04-17-2008, 04:14 AM
I read an article about this almost 2 years ago I was excited for it then.
It's nice to know that it'll be out soon.

MetalMario
04-17-2008, 04:20 AM
I read an article about this almost 2 years ago I was excited for it then.
It's nice to know that it'll be out soon.

Indeed I'm suprised the name Spore has stuck this long actually. I heard the name 'Sim everything' banded around for a few months back then but I 'm glad he's confident enough to break away from the brand name.

rukisuto
04-17-2008, 05:54 AM
Spore is going to be unbelievable :]
Hopefully they don't push back the date again.
Coming out around Christmas would do it good.

I know I'll be asking for it.

Ghost
04-17-2008, 06:06 AM
it is going be on ds to. but i will be getting it for pc.

blaze4556
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM
i hope it comes out for the X360 as well :radar:

Scott
04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm glad to see he's not merly resting on his laurels.

It looks very interesting, though I can't see it capturing an audience the size of the Sims.

Ghost
04-17-2008, 08:10 AM
i remember the dreamcast had a game like this

Scott
04-17-2008, 08:13 AM
i remember the dreamcast had a game like this

Which game?

Ghost
04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Which game?

seaman

i watched a friend play it and it was really creepy he said he had to talk to the thing and it would talk back

Kujo
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I have mixed feelings about Spore. I dont think I'll ever buy it, but I will tell my parents to get it for my brother, and when I come home to visit, I'll play it on his PC :)