PDA

View Full Version : New here, and MK Armageddon Wii Question

threehorse
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I just found this forum, and I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I bought Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for my Wii, and I can't figure out how to make it work in two-player mode (as in, I control one figure with my remote, and another player controls a different figure with another remote.) There is a "Versus" function on the playing menu, but it is blacked out. Can anyone tell me if this game can be played with two players, and if so, how?

Thanks!

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
please open threads in the most appropriate category, it'll make it easier for everyone else to find and help you

i don't have the wii nor the game but if it's blacked out I would just assume you have to play the story mode to uncover it or something which is very unlikely if it's two player mode

doesn't the handbook say anything about this? the manual i mean

Kujo
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Hrm.... and are you sure the 2nd Wiimote is currently plugged in??? And turned on? Try that first. Sounds silly but you'd be surprised how the simple things make us feel like morons

threehorse
04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the second Wiimote (it functions fine with all other Wii games.) In MK: Armageddon, in "Arcade" mode, on the player selection screen, the first player can select his character, and on the right side of the screen, where player two would normally select a character, it says "Press +/Start button," but when I've done that with the second Wiimote, there is no reaction. I'll try it again tonight and see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Kujo, you were right on--the second Wiimote was not properly synchronized to the Wii console. Once I re-synchronized the Wiimotes, the two-player mode worked fine.

A tip for any MK: Armageddon players, courtesy of my 10-year-old daughter--you can go all the way through Arcade mode, and kill Blaze, by playing as Khameleon and doing nothing more than the "jump-through-the-ceiling" kick on your opponents repeatedly.

rukisuto
04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Please edit your post next time instead of double posting :]
Glad you got your game to work.

conman1000
04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Yep, a stupid thing like synchronizing it can throw us off.