PDA

View Full Version : DNS Error?

Scott
04-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok so this thread isn't abot computers it's about the internet. But I didn't know where to put this thread. Anyway, I've had the internet working very well over the last few days (As you may have noticed) but now it keeps on coming up connection failed 'This is a DNS Error' does anyone know what means or what I could change to connect to the internet again?

Oh and I wrote this thread with my telepathy powers lol no not really I'm currently using another internet connection that makes the other one look like speedy gonzales (I dunno if I spelled that right).

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
if its dns errors then it means your modem or router isn't getting the internet connection properly - turning off modem and/or router for a minute then turning it back on may help

if that doesn't work you should set up a static IP if you are working on a computer - if its still your ps3 just let me know and i'll see what i can find on that

Scott
04-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Lol I don't know where the **** the router is, all I know is it's called linksys. Do you think the weather effects it?. I think the weather is the problem with the other one. So, I'll probably just use this internet for now since it's working.

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
find the router and turn it off, i had that error the first time i used my router, resetting the router fix it

try 192.168.1.1 on your address bar, if it lets you log in type admin as both user and pass and see if you can reset it to factory defaults

Scott
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
It just says "Network error the page cannot be displayed " it's ok though since it seems to be working fine now.

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
alright - glad it works for you again, but try to look for your router lol, how can you not know where the router is lol, where is the ethernet cord coming from?

Scott
04-18-2008, 03:04 PM
alright - glad it works for you again, but try to look for your router lol, how can you not know where the router is lol, where is the ethernet cord coming from?

Well still don't have internet *looks around for police then continues* I'm getting this internet through the window it isn't mine lol

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Well still don't have internet *looks around for police then continues* I'm getting this internet through the window it isn't mine lol

ah..lol, then if you are getting dns errors the real owners should be as well lol

well good luck!

Casius
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Also DNS Is Domian Name Server, IT cant find the ip that the domian is asccated. (i aint going into deep detail for you,)

Also Linux, diffent routers have differnt ips,

It sounds to me that your router blocked Dns.

Turing on then off should reset most harm done,

LiNuX
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Also DNS Is Domian Name Server, IT cant find the ip that the domian is asccated. (i aint going into deep detail for you,)

Also Linux, diffent routers have differnt ips,

It sounds to me that your router blocked Dns.

Turing on then off should reset most harm done,

do you read thread dates before posting? this thread is almost 4 months old

locked!