PDA

View Full Version : I'm retarded

Jjjet1
04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
ok i'm retarded and got a trojan.... ok i got about six of them but i got rid of all of them... ok most. i got one left and i don't know how to get there. i got the 'obfuscated GXA Trojan'. i went in my system and deleted all of my other ones because it was in the systems32 folder but i don't know what folder this one is in. all that it says is that it's in my computer as software/xflock all my other ones said C:\WINDOWS\system32 and stuff like that but i don't know how to get to this one.

if someone could help me i would be very thankful. i want to manually do it because i don't want to spend fourty or so dollars on ANOTHER anti spyware that only does a half ass job. (i got two like that)

But PLEASE! if you can help me all that i can really offer is my thanks and your pride going up a few points!

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 05:50 PM
search for AVG Virus Scanner - the free edition, its free lol, and it works for me but i am more careful on what i do and even if i get infected i know how to delete them

if the virus was installed recently - just restore your PC back a few days, it'll uninstall everything and it can help, this is how i got rid of a virus back in november, but i had to restore back a whole month because I didn't know whether this would work or not until i decided to try it

Jjjet1
04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
i have avg it sucks :\ it only detected one. but i'm good now! i'm so friggin happy! i just went into the registry and deleted it from there i am now adware and spyware and virus free! unless i have ones that i can not detect....

(edit)
I also got avg from maximumpc that's why i already had it. haha i used the disc and that's how my computer crashed for a month then i had to restore windows but if i have to restore windows again i'm installing professional because i have media center and professional (stole pro from my dad's work! ;) don't worry he's the ceo he can do what ever he wants)

LiNuX
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
lol glad you got it fixed, i haven't had any problems with avg though and i only had 1 virus on this pc and that was a few days after i built the pc but after that it was all clean - and i keep my computer on for months at a time without a problem.

and your father is the CEO, not you, so does that mean you can do what you want too at the office? lol

Jjjet1
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
hey. i go there and people think i'm liek a computer god. haha they want help with their computers and everything... and the clients are all older than me it's weird i'm only seventeen! ahh! but my dad goes and get the computer stuff i need. and the onyl computer stuff i don't really have is a good virus blocker.

Blackbird
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm using Nod32 and got licensed and pretty good. Also using Ad aware Anti-Malware and made some few scannes and they gone. Anyway glad you fix it :)

Jjjet1
04-18-2008, 08:55 PM
yeah i'm super glad. it's like a just gained a super power now! haha it's super sweet. i feel so euphoric! and no i'm not high...