PDA

View Full Version : NFL Player Shot

Twigz
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Denver Broncos football star Darrent Williams was shot to death yesterday as he sat with friends in his Hummer limo.

The New Year's day tragedy, which has shocked fans and the NFL, may have been sparked by an argument in a nightclub, according to police.

"We are investigating all angles and this is one possibility," Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson told The Post.

It was not clear what the argument was about or if the 24-year-old starting cornerback was directly involved in the early-morning brouhaha at a popular sports hangout.

"There was some confrontation between a group of people in the vehicle and a group at the nightclub," Jackson said. "We're trying to find out if those individuals involved in the [nightclub] confrontation could have been involved in this offense."

The shooting happened at around 2 a.m., minutes after Williams and a number of friends left The Shelter, which had been promoting the birthday of Denver Nugget basketball star Kenyon Martin, a former New Jersey Net.

Four blocks away, police said a white SUV with tinted windows pulled up alongside Williams' stretch Hummer and one of the occupants fired into the driver's side of the vehicle.

Williams was shot in the neck and died instantly, Bronco running back Tatum Bell told ESPN.

Bell, who had spoken on the telephone to Williams at around 10 p.m., as the pair made plans for the rest of the evening, said Williams had mentioned the argument.

It was not clear if Bell was with his buddy when he was killed, but Bell said Bronco wide receiver Javon Walker was a passenger and escaped injury.

Two others, a man and a woman were wounded, but their injuries were not life threatening.

Police were searching for suspects and no arrests had been made.

"He had a big heart and a lot of courage," said Cedric Smith, a Bronco coach, said of Williams. "It's a tragedy, a complete tragedy. It's sickening."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01022007/news/nationalnews/nfl_star_is_blown_away_nationalnews_cynthia_r__fag en.htm

aosmallan
01-02-2007, 03:27 PM
You pushed the Saddam topic without reply for this? :D

You didn't even say anything about it lol.

Someone had a big arguement and instead of talking it out someone got shot. I'm from Houston, this doesn't phaze me much. Or I might even venture to say "I'm from America, this doesn't phaze me much."

souljaa
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Holy crap...are you serious..Darrent Williams....Dayummmmm...That suckssss..R.I.P. I guess.

Twigz
01-02-2007, 04:55 PM
OK Allan, here's my reply then...I think that people who automatically resort to violence have no purpose in life...just going around killing and shooting people for something as simple as stepping on someone's foot, or having a little squabble doesn't have to be resolved by shooting...I think it's ridiclous and absurd....but yeah darrent Williams was a talent around the NFl, could have became one of the best corners in the league this year, and possibly for the rest of his career...R.I.P. for sure...

LiNuX
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
wow i heard about it last night, people are always dying or getting killed these days, well RIP

aosmallan
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
wow i heard about it last night, people are always dying or getting killed these days, well RIP

Old age and gunshots'll do it lol.

LiNuX
01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
lol yea, but so many people died in the past month alone lol, that guy shot in queens here 50 times, james brown, gerald ford, this dude, saddam hussein, and many many more

aosmallan
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
OK Allan, here's my reply then...I think that people who automatically resort to violence have no purpose in life...just going around killing and shooting people for something as simple as stepping on someone's foot, or having a little squabble doesn't have to be resolved by shooting...I think it's ridiclous and absurd....but yeah darrent Williams was a talent around the NFl, could have became one of the best corners in the league this year, and possibly for the rest of his career...R.I.P. for sure...

Dere ya go. And I agree, but that is, unfortunately, the way it works out so often... Especially where I'm from... and even where I'm at now... You'd be surprised how many empty-headed, ignorant people are out there... violence is just the only option to them because they're not bright enough to talk it out. The only difference is people in Houston actually will fight. Here in Washington they just talk about it lol... My friend was standing outside of school just after it let out in Houston... a month or so ago... and people he was talkin to earlier got shot right after school... two shots fired, one non-fatal, the other right in a kid's head. He called me right after it happened... Crazy sh*t when it gets real.

aosmallan
01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
lol yea, but so many people died in the past month alone lol, that guy shot in queens here 50 times, james brown, gerald ford, this dude, saddam hussein, and many many more

eh... the same number of people die every day, most of them just arent famous enough to be mentioned =P, we can just say that this is a bad month for celebrities.

Look out oprah!