PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My PSP was damaged but........

Toby83
04-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Ok, i was just sitting at my computer transfering some files to my psp. Just so you all know I just bought my psp slim like a week ago and treated like it was a real baby lol. I have ever dropped it or anything of that sort. But when I pulled out the usb cable and was going to try the files..... I noticed that the "X" button was chipped. I was just playing it before I decided to put some music on it, and when i plugged it in it was not chipped. Or exactly after i took it out. I think maybe the plastic was alittle to brittle and just chipped. Ok so I am only a kid and do not have a job. So dishing out $250 was alot for me. (I bought a 4gb memory card and a game.) So here's my question. Will Sony Replace it or Repare it for free?

LiNuX
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok, i was just sitting at my computer transfering some files to my psp. Just so you all know I just bought my psp slim like a week ago and treated like it was a real baby lol. I have ever dropped it or anything of that sort. But when I pulled out the usb cable and was going to try the files..... I noticed that the "X" button was chipped. I was just playing it before I decided to put some music on it, and when i plugged it in it was not chipped. Or exactly after i took it out. I think maybe the plastic was alittle to brittle and just chipped. Ok so I am only a kid and do not have a job. So dishing out $250 was alot for me. (I bought a 4gb memory card and a game.) So here's my question. Will Sony Replace it or Repare it for free?

if you bought it a week ago you should have at least the store's warranty - check back with them and see if they can exchange it for you, if not then contact sony - giving it back to sony will waste a lot more time than taking it back to the store

Toby83
04-25-2008, 01:47 PM
oh, soryy i forgot to say i bought it from amazon. c o m

LiNuX
04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
oh, soryy i forgot to say i bought it from amazon. c o m

oh lol, then t hat's an issue - did they issue some sort of warranty? if not then you should contact sony and ask them if the manufacturers warranty still exists and if that's a yes then they will help you fix it or get you a new one if it cant be fixed

Toby83
04-25-2008, 02:07 PM
lol i am a bit confuesed...

LiNuX
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
lol i am a bit confuesed...

contact sony and ask if warranty exists

how hard is that to get? lol

Toby83
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
lol i got that but then if they say yes do i send my psp to them?

Riku-Nara
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
lol i got that but then if they say yes do i send my psp to them?

Yeah, that's usually how it works.
Although a chipped x button doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
Does it render your psp unplayable?

Toby83
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
when I press it it sticks and i have to use tweezers to free it. It also makes it uncomfortable to hold.

thx for the help guys.

LiNuX
04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
please don't double post, just edit your previous post

Toby83
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
does anyone know where i can just buy new black buttons for my PSP?

LemonRising
04-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Here's the google result page:

googluspageus (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=psp+button+replacements&btnG=Search&meta=)

Hopefully you'll find something of use on there.

Toby83
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
hey, thx :)