PDA

View Full Version : Will You Be Buying GTA IV Tomorrow?

Nerdy Knight
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Personally, no. Even if I did have an XBOX 360 to play the game, and even if I had the money to buy it, I wouldn't. Why you ask? Because I really don't get hooked on the gangster killing, shooting random people for no reason, doing drugs, beating hookers, and all that. Not to mention that I realized how bad San Andreas was after I was forced to play the multi-player for 5 hours. I would much rather wait until MGS4 to come out. I would definitely enjoy that game SO much more than GTA IV.

Will YOU be buying Grand Theft Auto IV tomorrow?

jakncoke
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Personally, no. Even if I did have an XBOX 360 to play the game, and even if I had the money to buy it, I wouldn't. Why you ask? Because I really don't get hooked on the gangster killing, shooting random people for no reason, doing drugs, beating hookers, and all that. Not to mention that I realized how bad San Andreas was after I was forced to play the multi-player for 5 hours. I would much rather wait until MGS4 to come out. I would definitely enjoy that game SO much more than GTA IV.

Will YOU be buying Grand Theft Auto IV tomorrow?

GTA 4 isn't about gangsters..lol, as for San Andreas it was a top 5 greatest game ever for me, and as for GTA 4 I have paid in full and am just waiting for lunch time tomorrow to buy it.. also why just wait for MGS4? that's like 40 days away.

Nerdy Knight
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
GTA 4 isn't about gangsters..lol, as for San Andreas it was a top 5 greatest game ever for me, and as for GTA 4 I have paid in full and am just waiting for lunch time tomorrow to buy it.. also why just wait for MGS4? that's like 40 days away.

I'm just saying that if I had the ability to buy GTA IV, I wouldn't. I would just wait for MGS4, because I absolutely adore those games.

LiNuX
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
not getting it lol - i stopped buying GTA Games after Vice City lol - missions got repetitive for me and i played San Andreas - VERY LONG

i will probably play this game somewhere but doubt i'll be getting it.

jakncoke
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
@Nerdy Knight.........I just don't know why MGS4 should effect a GTA4 purchase seeing the release dates are far apart but hey different strokes.. if you don't like sandbox games you just don't.. games aren't made for everybody.

Nerdy Knight
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
That's what I was saying. I just don't really like those kinds of sandbox games.

rukisuto
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
If I had pre-ordered it, yeah I'd get it
Definitely forgot to do it though.
Stupid me.

I'll just run to Blockbuster and rent it, lol.

Nerdy Knight
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
If I had pre-ordered it, yeah I'd get it
Definitely forgot to do it though.
Stupid me.

I'll just run to Blockbuster and rent it, lol.

You might have to get up at like...6 in the morning if you want to have a chance of getting your hands on that one.

TheDemon
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
do you like the game scarface . if you do what is your favorite part about it. mine is when you are in your mansion and you get that gun that shoots bombs and shoots bullets at the very bigining of the game!!!!!!!!

Nerdy Knight
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
do you like the game scarface . if you do what is your favorite part about it. mine is when you are in your mansion and you get that gun that shoots bombs and shoots bullets at the very bigining of the game!!!!!!!!

Um...this isn't really the right place to be putting this, but yes. I do like the Scarface video-game.

Riku-Nara
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Isn't gta4 already out?

younging94
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
o_o.....
im actually saving up for it, i was looking at some gameplay and omfg....it looks...just beautiful

T_T

jakncoke
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't gta4 already out?

no, comes out tomorrow.. I wish my gamespot was having a midnight launch

Riku-Nara
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
oh.
Well, this guy has it. (http://kotaku.com/384707/lets-unbox-my-gta-iv-ce-together)
Lucky him, i guess.

jakncoke
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
oh.
Well, this guy has it. (http://kotaku.com/384707/lets-unbox-my-gta-iv-ce-together)
Lucky him, i guess.

He bought the special edition 360... that's why, I doubt many ppl have the game that haven't bought the SE 360... but then again lots of retailers break the street date.

Jjjet1
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
i might get it. after it goes down in price. i personally think 60 dollars for a game nowadays is just too much. 50 dollars way back when was stil la little too much. if i was waiting and waiting for the game i'd pay that much for it but as of now i'll just wait until the price drops and i'll think about it.

rukisuto
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
You're going to have to wait a while before it's price ever drops.
Good luck with that.

Jjjet1
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
i don't mind the wait. i got my other games to keep me occupied. i have many games i haven't played yet. haha too much on my hands first. i got school job girlfriend the works.

Scott
04-29-2008, 07:41 PM
I hope to get it sometime in the next 2 weeks. I was going to go today But A) I had no money and B) I fell asleep lol

rukisuto
04-30-2008, 04:39 AM
Well.. who does have it and wants to share some details?
lol.

jakncoke
04-30-2008, 05:20 AM
i might get it. after it goes down in price. i personally think 60 dollars for a game nowadays is just too much. 50 dollars way back when was stil la little too much. if i was waiting and waiting for the game i'd pay that much for it but as of now i'll just wait until the price drops and i'll think about it.

You'll be waiting for awhile then seeing Take 2 is in money troubles.

As for details. Played about 3 hours so far. a couple details...

1) Drunk Driving is fun... I took my gf on a date got loaded at a bar and drove her home... not quite as challenging as driving should be but still more than harder than driving

2) which brings me to my next thought the new way of driving is challenging and really hard when driving fast but better than the old way.. you have to use the right analog stick to steer your head to what's up and a couple of times it move down below your or you'll not turn enough around a corner and wreck

3) braking with L2 doesn't work well(new brakes button, R2 is gas)

4) with your cell you call the cops, ambulance, firefighter to you location.. ambulance with give you full life

5) theres a couple cars that are really awesome.. like a corvette looking car, a shortbox with kc's

6) from the look of it , vigilante, firefighter missions are gone( Edit: After reading a little in the guide taxi missions are still there but aren't apart of the 100% requirements.. just there to make cash)

7) the collectibles from looking at the guide i bought are flying rats and then you insane jumps again

8 ) You can only play on the first island( it's big... map in the game guide makes you think otherwise) and there are bridges to the others which can visit but there is a row of jersey beriors with cops behind them ready to shoot when you get pass the jersey bariors

9) restaraunts, 60 Diner, Burger Shot , Cluckin Bell , Superstar Cafe, Drusilla's Gelateria Pasta Liquor Pizza .. would include numbers of each but it's early :laugh:

Edit1: weapons are basically all the same.. I think 1 new.. combat sniper rifle.

rukisuto
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Can you unlock the areas that the cops are covering?

EpsilonX
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
1 Why is this under shooters? Move it to Action/Adventure...

2 Grand Theft Auto doesn't interest me. I also do not enjoy sandbox games. None of my friends seem to understand that though.

3 he means he's going to wait until MGS4 comes out to buy a new game.

jakncoke
04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Can you unlock the areas that the cops are covering?

of course you just gotta beat a certain amount of missions first.

couple more thoughts.

1) the first gf is real easy.. banged her like 12 times so in the first 19 days.

2) when calling a ambulance to get your life to 100% you better be ready to have about 1k ... good news though you can kill the paramedic and get your money back

3) you can save 2 cars by parking them in front of your safe house

4) at the strip club it's 50 for a lap dance

5) to bang a hooker you have 3 pay scale options now 20 being the lowest 70 being the highest(like it matters.. who doesn't kill the hooker after banging?)

that's about all I can think of... If you have questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer.