PDA

View Full Version : Forum Slowing Down?

LiNuX
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Well i've been very busy these past couple of days so i wasnt online as much. On January 1st, new years day, the forum had the most posts in its history, 200+, the day after 80+ then 60+, today almost 20. I dont know if the activity is going down because of my absense but is there anything you can suggest that i do to boost up the activity again and get some new members? So far 0 registrations this month, well its been 4 days for this month, but still lol.

What would you like to see on this forum? What would make you want to post more? Just hit me with some ideas or opinions.

souljaa
01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Well...I did put this link in my siggy on another forum so the activity goes up...But I don't see anything really missing..iono...maybe...uhh...prizes?...maybe a place where people can request sigs..stuff like taht

aosmallan
01-04-2007, 09:08 PM
There's on days and off days, don't fret if you're not getting 200 posts every day.

Though in my eyes, there aren't enough people in this forum in my... rather our age group linux. Meaning 17/18+

No offense to the younger kids... but with ago comes a bit better conversation... more controversy, people with more developed opinions...

I don't know what kind of advertising you're doing, but you need a more mature mamber base, which means advertising to the right people and the right places.

LiNuX
01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
thx for replies, well i was offering to make simple sigs a while ago but right now i have no time for that, if anyone with good graphics skills can volunteer and help me with that, i can make a separate staff list for that person, u need exp tho, and like i said before, i will try to get another domain to give out later this month or next month, any other prizes?

Twigz
01-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I have told you this before Linux, but New Year's Day was one of the best days ever because everyone was available...we are now on a regular day-to-day basis, people are busier and the like...but you never know, so be patient because I'm sure we will get new members soon...I also agree with Allan with the fact that advertising needs to be a little higher, maybe on other sites or whatever, but that's about all...

LiNuX
01-05-2007, 08:24 PM
lol yea ok, i will run more specials and whatnot in this forum lol, well i work less days next week, i get 3 weekdays off lol, in exchange, work fulltime on weekends :(

souljaa
01-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I advertised it on some sites if that helps :D.

Drake14
01-07-2007, 09:25 AM
I can put a link to it on my website....once Yurx server is fully switched.

I can put it in place of sig-zone because they didn't put my banner up like they said they would, and there is NO activity there.

I'm not sure how much it'll help as i dont get much activity on my site yet. But maybe it'll help some ;D

souljaa
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I can put a link to it on my website....once Yurx server is fully switched.

I can put it in place of sig-zone because they didn't put my banner up like they said they would, and there is NO activity there.

I'm not sure how much it'll help as i dont get much activity on my site yet. But maybe it'll help some ;D

Any advertising always helps :D.

Drake14
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Or if Linux is interested maybe we could do some type of banner swap or something like that ;D

souljaa
01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Or if Linux is interested maybe we could do some type of banner swap or something like that ;D

Ohh..Yeah...That's actually a great idea.

Drake14
01-07-2007, 11:28 AM
But like i said i dont get a lot of activity on my site. But if i get a banner or something on here guests may come onto my site as well.....tell their friends about either my or this site and it could work out for both of us ;D

souljaa
01-07-2007, 12:32 PM
But like i said i dont get a lot of activity on my site. But if i get a banner or something on here guests may come onto my site as well.....tell their friends about either my or this site and it could work out for both of us ;D

Lol..Yeah...and like maybe a sig too...where you could just click on it and it leads you here..and I could (and other people that would like too), could put it in their sigs and yeah.

Drake14
01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Sigs are a good idea too ;D

When my forum is back up i'll put a link in my sig ;D