PDA

View Full Version : The D.S or PSP?

Iceskater101
05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey! well i was investing in a handheld sooo of course there is two handhelds out there. A Nintendo D.S or a psp? which one have you played and loved.?

Samus-Fan
05-01-2008, 06:01 PM
DS is what I chose. The PSP is okay, but there aren't many "good" games on it. DS has way better games.

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 06:15 PM
i have a PSP of my own and I have to say that it helped me pass A LOT of time last year - going from my high school to this college i was taking classes at - about a 1 hr subway ride each way and it kept me occupied

also kept me occupied at work after my bosses left lol

and it has some great games - my favorite being Midnight Club 3

but DS Has its perks too, i just don't have a lot of experience playing it so i can't really speak for it lol - except the pokemon games - if i was 10 years younger i would have bought the DS for pokemon lol

Nerdy Knight
05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
DS FTW. The PSP has good graphics and all those extra features like Internet, Music, and Videos and stuff like that, but it doesn't have very many good games at all. They also aren't quite as fun and quirky to play as the DS games. Although the DS doesn't have as much to offer, it definitely has WAY more potential. Not to mention the PSP's can get REALLY HOT. Sony's PSP aren't made of very durable materials, so they break easy.

Does that help you decide?

Toby83
05-02-2008, 09:01 AM
i have a PSP of my own and I have to say that it helped me pass A LOT of time last year - going from my high school to this college i was taking classes at - about a 1 hr subway ride each way and it kept me occupied

also kept me occupied at work after my bosses left lol

and it has some great games - my favorite being Midnight Club 3

but DS Has its perks too, i just don't have a lot of experience playing it so i can't really speak for it lol - except the pokemon games - if i was 10 years younger i would have bought the DS for pokemon lol

Yes lol im good for this answer i have owned both a DS lite and PSP. I had a ds lite for about a year and a half. I agree with Linux. My PSP keeps me very entertained. To me the only good games for the ds are Mario games and Nintendogs. Also many of the Mario games are very repetitive and get old quickly. So PSP is a bit more expensive but you get ALOT more for your money.

Blackbird
05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm have both Nintendo DS and PSP but prefer PSP more becuase of the grapical, buy memory stick then you can watch anime in PSP ROFL. Anyway there have a quited many good RPG game.

Toby83
05-02-2008, 10:33 AM
yeah what he said...? rotfl

LiNuX
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
DS FTW. The PSP has good graphics and all those extra features like Internet, Music, and Videos and stuff like that, but it doesn't have very many good games at all. They also aren't quite as fun and quirky to play as the DS games. Although the DS doesn't have as much to offer, it definitely has WAY more potential. Not to mention the PSP's can get REALLY HOT. Sony's PSP aren't made of very durable materials, so they break easy.

Does that help you decide?

lol you just reminded me of stuff

when I gave my old ipod to my sister I had no mp3 player so I used my PSP as an mp3 player lol - forgot about that :D then I got a new ipod a few weeks later and it was back to being my handheld

I also used the internet from school - gotta say that it was fun - was keeping tabs on the forum :D and my job was at a library and they had wireless routers all over so you can assume i was on the net there too

the only feature i haven't used is the movies part of the PSP

Toby83
05-02-2008, 11:12 AM
hmmmm my psp slim NEVER even get slightly warm....

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 07:43 PM
The PSP actually has some incredible games.

Castlevania is popular, Jeanne d'arc, valkyrie profile, Crisis core, final fantasy tactics, metal gear solid, silent hill, the GTA games, ratchet and clank, daxter, god of war, star wars battlefront, ect ect.

PSP's games are mostly like console games that you can take with you.

DS though has games more suited for handhelds. They're simpler, like Mario and stuff.

jakncoke
05-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Well seeing you didn't put neither.. I guess I vote for PSP as I'd chose that over the DS.

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM
My advice to you would be to look at the game selection of each system, and look in depth. Each system has some lesser known games that just might sell the system for you.

PSP has more RPG's if you're into that.

Riku-Nara
05-02-2008, 08:31 PM
If i didn't have a phone, or ipod, then i'd choose the psp.
Other then that, ds is funner.

LemonRising
05-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Depends on your gaming type.
If you're more geared towards Nintendo games, then go with DS. I have DS Lite and with wifi its vury nace. It also has a lot of homebrew options if you're into that.

As for PSP, my brother has it and I love the graphics. Pretty sure there's homebrew for it out there as well, but I wouldn't be sure as I haven't looked into it.

Personally I like the PSP more (hah), but it all depends on what games you're more geared to.
Look at game lists for both handhelds and then make your decision. (:
That's my advice.

conman1000
05-03-2008, 07:42 AM
I've played the D.S, its ok.

Toby83
05-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh just so you know if you use a higher incription code on your router. Then you won't be able to play wi-fi. The DS only reads WEP (the lowest securty setting.) But the PSP reads, WEP, TKIP and AES. Also if you have high speed internet then then internet on your PSP will actually be very fast. Also one other nice feature is if your not used to reading army time on the spot (u have to stop and think wat time it would be.) Then that's another great feature sony has. The time goes from 12:00 back to 1:00.

Iceskater101
05-03-2008, 10:17 AM
thanks for your advice! More people seem to like the psp hmmm....

KittyCat72
05-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I think the DS is better... but it's a close one. I haven't had the chance to play a PSP yet so I'm not going to say it sucks or anything.