PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live - Connection Help

Complexity
05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Alright guys, my first post here. I've recently bought an Xbox 360... yeah, it took me this long. But I had to finish paying off my car and a laptop so anyway, I have a 360. I've been using an Ethernet cable through my laptop and bridging the connections from my wireless router to get me onto Xbox live. Problem is, it's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can stay on for 2 hours without a problem. Other times, I get booted off in a couple minutes. This is always fixed by restarting my console, but it's an annoyance.

So, I've been thinking about buying a wireless adapter for the 360. I'd like all information you have about this. Does it provide a good connection? Do I have to change my router settings? Anyway, thanks for your help. :-)

LiNuX
05-11-2008, 05:24 PM
if your router is wireless then all the things you have to set up is the connection channel and password if you want want and i think you have to set that up in the adapter as well

have you tried resetting your current router to factory defaults? I had that problem before with my old router where it booted me off the net every other hour until i reset it

and what kind of a router do you have?

Toby83
05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
lol you can buy up to a 10 ft long internet cable.. does that help?? lol

Complexity
05-11-2008, 07:57 PM
if your router is wireless then all the things you have to set up is the connection channel and password if you want want and i think you have to set that up in the adapter as well

have you tried resetting your current router to factory defaults? I had that problem before with my old router where it booted me off the net every other hour until i reset it

and what kind of a router do you have?

I have a Netgear router, and I did all the setting up before so I can access my administrator settings and whatever else I may need. I've heard that suggestion (resetting it) but it never really did much. Thanks for the help though. That should be enough. :D

LiNuX
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a Netgear router, and I did all the setting up before so I can access my administrator settings and whatever else I may need. I've heard that suggestion (resetting it) but it never really did much. Thanks for the help though. That should be enough. :D

you said you heard of it but you never tried it lol well keep that in mind if you keep experiencing problems