PDA

View Full Version : N.K. Game Review...Dofus (PC/Internet)

Nerdy Knight
05-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm a day late on this one guys. Sorry about that. I've been really busy, and haven't found time to write this review until now. Anyway, I decided to do a review on a different kind of game this time...an MMORPG. This game is called:

Dofus

http://screen.uptodown.com/en/screen/screen.php?screen=Dofus%201.18.1-1.jpg

What is Dofus you ask? It's not a very widely known MMO...unfortunately. The story goes like this...

A long long time ago, a dragon named Bolgrot arrived in the eternal Province of Amakna. The young Rykke Errel was the only one to be courageous enough to face the terrible creature. Instead of reducing him to dust as he could have easily done, the dragon bowed down before the young knight and swore loyalty to him. Months later, Rykke met a woman by the name of Helsephine, and fell madly in love with her. After meeting Helsephine, Bolgrot went on a mad rampage, killing Helsephine and destroying everything on it's way. Rykke caught the dragon, and started to confront him. The two friends fought a long and hard battle, but Rykke was victorious. Unfortunately, Rykke died of his fatal wounds shortly after.
Looking for reasons why Bolgrot changed like that, the wise men of Amakna searched his entrails for clues. They found 6 unusually colored eggs called Dofus. Together, these relics held absolute power, so to keep them from evil hands, they hid them from the world.
During the following centuries, the secret of the Dofus had been well kept and known by few. One cursed day, however, the Dofus had suddenly disappeared. News spread of their disappearance, and travelers from around the world started appearing, hoping to find these sacred relics...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Plot/Storyline...7.5/10
The story, although very undetailed, is interesting and is easy to understand. Not many things are explained to you, however, such as how you are to go about finding the Dofus, but that's a small detail. Along with the many quests and NPCs you'll meet, you're sure to like a certain part of this games plot. Basically in this game, you create your own adventure. You can spend your whole life searching for Dofus, or just go about on adventures and not really give a crap! It's your choice!

Graphics...9/10
One of the main highlights of this game is it's art direction. The anime style of the characters fit perfectly with the environment, and all seem to blend together quite nicely. The backgrounds are quite a beauty to look at, and the character models are neat to see moving around the screen. There are many fun things about this game, and one of them is the style and flair that the graphics and artwork show for this game. You can't help but admire the artwork. Here's a few screenshots:

http://gry.o2.pl/upload/files/e32006_p1_Dofus.jpg

http://enscreenshots.softonic.com/s2en/50000/50403/0_dofus6.jpg

http://www.captainprimate.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/dofusday1.png
*Note: Some of these screenshots are dated, and may not show the games full functions in real play. Sorry for the lack of information.*

Gameplay...9/10
This game has some of the most addictive MMO gameplay I've ever seen, and I'd dare to say this game OWNS Runescape in terms of the way you play. After confronting an enemy, the background is turned into a grid-like floor. Using your MP to move around the grid, your AP to cast spells on your opponents, and HP to the most advantageous situation, you attack your enemies and the match is over when all your enemies are killed. Another thing about this game is that you have a selection of 11 classes, along with an additional 12th class if you are a subscribed member. There are Fecas (Nature Wizards), Osamadas (Monster Summoners), Enutrofs (Miners), Srams (Thieves), Xelors (Time Wizards), Ecaflips (Gamblers), Eniripsas (Fairy Healers), Iops (Warriors), Cras (Rangers), Sadidas (Beast), Sacriers (Emos), and for subscribed members the Pandawas (Drunken Brawler). Each class offers a certain uniqueness to the game in combat, making some unique battles and interactions.

Overall...25.5/30
This review only scratches the surface of this game and it's features. In order to truly understand how great the game is, you'll just have to play it. I really hope you enjoyed my review.

LiNuX
05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Dofus - reminds me of something lol but this is the first time i've heard of the game and it sounds decent - graphics doesn't look too advanced but better than others :D

good review here :)

I'm a day late on this one guys.

Don't worry about it :) You post good reviews, 1-2 days isn't a big deal at all

Jjjet1
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM
sounds liek an ok game but i absolutely hate combat systems that uses grids. that's why i don't really like enchanted arms or ff tactics that much.