PDA

View Full Version : Whats What in Runescape

GF Eric
05-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Well as you know Runescape has gone through a very big change in the way it is played. All this was to stop the Bots and Real World Trading. So here is the low down on all the new things in Runescape. Plus the missing things.

Whats New

-Revenants-
Are the undead versions of creatures slain in the God Wars, and are one of the most dangerous type of monsters in the game. They are ghostly and can be found floating freely around various parts of the Wilderness attacking any player unlucky enough to encounter one.

-Great Exchange-
(often simply the Exchange, GE, or GX) is a formal marketplace in northwest Varrock that was released on 26 November 2007 in which players can buy or sell items while working on other activities in-game. It draws parallels to modern real-life stock exchanges, both through the method in which goods are traded and the design of the building itself. Members are capable of posting a maximum six item slots worth of offers at once, while free players are only allowed two slots. The Exchange matches requests with offers made by players on any game server. When a transaction is completed, players can collect the cash or items they received by either selecting the "collect" option at any bank, excluding bank chests, or they can return to the Grand Exchange and pick up their goods directly.

-Bounty Hunting-
is a minigame released on December 10, 2007, to replace player killing for both P2P and F2P players on specific worlds. On other worlds, the area outside is available, including the bank, but the caves cannot be entered. Jagex has reduced the number of P2P Bounty Hunter worlds from 5 to 2, thus making the number of people Bounty Hunting to be more condensed, Later with the February 19 updates Jagex increased Bounty Hunter worlds for F2P and P2P(Only later to reduce them and then re-add them with a maximum capacity update). As of 19 February 2008, Bounty Hunter is restricted to a 'special' single(You can be attacked by more then one player at a time) player PvP combat zone.

-Clan Wars-
is a mini-game that was released on December 10, 2007. It is available to all players, both free and Members, and is located in level 20 Wilderness (While in the hall, or minigame you are not considered in the Wilderness). The minigame allows clans to fight each other, if you have ever wanted to fight a safe clan war, this is the place for you. After entering the clan wars challenge hall which is south west of the clan wars arena, a player ranked as a captain or higher on a chat channel can right-click challenge another person ranked captain or higher in a different clan.

Whats Gone

-Wild-
is a large and dangerous area which makes up the entirety of northeastern Gielinor, directly north of the kingdom of Asgarnia. It was the only place where non-members could engage in Player-versus-Player (PvP) combat until December 10, 2007, when the Duel Arena was opened to free players and the Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars minigames were introduced. Players can no longer attack each other in the wilderness, however in the Wilderness area, there are several PvP minigames, and Jagex has confirmed more are to come.

Whats Changed

-Trade-
Their is now a 3000 limit. The trade depends on how many quest points you have

If I missed anything or something is incomplete write a summary for it, thanks.

Jjjet1
05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
the trade depends on how many quest points you have i have about 150 so i can trade about 14k

GF Eric
05-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok cool thanks. I will add the other stuff when i can.