PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Kennedy hospatlized

conman1000
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
BOSTON (Reuters) - U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy, was hospitalized on Saturday in Boston after suffering a seizure at his vacation home.

Kennedy, 76, was rushed from the family compound at Hyannisport, Massachusetts, to Cape Cod Hospital at 9 a.m. (1300 GMT), before being airlifted to Boston.

"He is undergoing a battery of tests at Massachusetts General Hospital to determine the cause of the seizure," his office in Washington said in a statement.

"Senator Kennedy is resting comfortably, and it is unlikely we will know anything more for the next 48 hours," it added.

Kennedy, a Massachusetts senator and youngest brother of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, was joined by family members in Boston including his eldest son, Edward Kennedy Jr., 46, who was at the hospital, according to a Reuters photographer.

Kennedy, the second-longest serving member of the U.S. Senate, is a leading liberal voice in the United States and has actively campaigned for Barack Obama in his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"As I've said many times before, Ted Kennedy is a giant in American political history. He's done more for the health care of others than just about anybody in history," Obama told reporters during a visit to a hospital in Eugene, Oregon.

"We are going to be rooting for him, and I, I insist on being optimistic about how it's going to turn out."

Kennedy has been a vocal critic of Republican President George W. Bush, particularly on his Iraq war, tax cuts for the wealthy and conservative nominees to the U.S. Supreme Court who he fears will push the high court to the right.

But he also worked closely with Republicans on legislation including Republican presidential candidate John McCain on the controversial immigration issue.

"He is a legendary lawmaker," McCain said in a statement. "When we have worked together, he has been a skillful, fair and generous partner. I consider it a great privilege to call him my friend."
ABC News: Sen. Kennedy Hospitalized After Seizure (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4877059)

Wow, that's interesting I hope he is ok.

LiNuX
05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Kennedy's have bad luck lol - but he should be OK, he is a cool guy even though i don't know too much about him

i wonder if anything he did in his vacation home led to the seizure

Iceskater101
05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
aww thats sad. Its sad what happened to Bobby and John F Kennedy

conman1000
06-07-2008, 11:47 AM
He is currently recovering from Brain Surgery at Duke. He had brain Cancer.

LiNuX
06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
He is currently recovering from Brain Surgery at Duke. He had brain Cancer.

yeah i heard that a few days ago, this guy fights through everything

rukisuto
06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Sen. Kennedy is a boss.
lol.

He's survived quite a bit as of now.
He's tough enough :]

wifi
06-08-2008, 09:51 AM
this guy lives through everything :-P and its like rukisuto said, he is a boss lol, hard to kill :-P

Iceskater101
06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
lol yeah I mean he had brain cancer now this wow poor him.