PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 4

GF Eric
05-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Wel its been announced. Guitar Hero 4 is coming out soon and the new features include Drums, Vocal, the Ability to Create you own Songs, customize your own character, and much more. It suppose to come out in late fall so that will be a great wait for this game. What are your thoughts?

LiNuX
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
drums + vocal = reminds me of rock band lol

not gonna get this game, I haven't played my GHIII in May at all lol - gotta find some time to play this before thinking of GHIV

rukisuto
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Of course I'm gonna get it :]
It'd actually be cooler for me since I have part of GH already.
Instead of purchasing the whole rockband kit.

CAN'T WAIT :]

GF Eric
05-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Well remember Rock band and Guitar Hero are made by the same company, Harmonix, just different idea.

Samus-Fan
05-20-2008, 03:10 PM
But GuitarHero is meant to be only guitar, while rock band was something like every instrument in a band.

I don't think they should have included them in the game.

Nerdy Knight
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Although the vocal and drums should be left to Rock Band, and not to Guitar Hero, it sounds like they are gonna have some wicked stuff going on with this one. I've heard that they will also have the ability to create your own guitar skins and stuff too. I've also heard that there may be a few Def Leppard songs, seeing as how they are supposed to be sponsoring it this time around. I can't believe they keep announcing all these Guitar Hero games at once though. First Aerosmith, then On Tour, and now this? They have even considered making a Guitar Hero: Van Halen I've heard! I don't know how they plan on pumping all these games out so quickly, but hopefully that doesn't affect the quality that I'd expect from them.

Iceskater101
05-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Guitar Hero 4? interesting i love the part where you can create your own character. I havent played guitar hero in sooooooo long! but it is sure fun. But i dont know if I want guitar hero 4 only because I dont play much of guitar hero 3 and it does seem kinda copyish of Guitar Hero to use drums.

Toby83
05-20-2008, 04:44 PM
maybe.. i will have to try it out in the store first xD

Nerdy Knight
05-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Guitar Hero 4? interesting i love the part where you can create your own character. I havent played guitar hero in sooooooo long! but it is sure fun. But i dont know if I want guitar hero 4 only because I dont play much of guitar hero 3 and it does seem kinda copyish of Guitar Hero to use drums.

If you're referring to Guitar Hero stealing the drums and vocals thing from Rock Band, it's by the same people. So technically, it's not stealing, otherwise they would be stealing their own stuff. :P

Iceskater101
05-20-2008, 06:37 PM
oh.... lol well thenn soooo I guess i will buy this game.

EpsilonX
05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Uhm, Rock Band is made by Harmonix. Guitar Hero is made by RedOctane and Activision. They aren't the same company. Unless they joined back together.

And I think guitar hero is a big waste of money. And the ability to create your own songs...it's going to take over now.

jakncoke
05-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I was all up for it till they decided to copy Rock band...just go to cost a arm and leg like Rock band.

Toby83
05-21-2008, 07:51 AM
maybe u can just buy the GH 4 disc...

Nerdy Knight
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Well actually, RedOctane bought out Harmonix, so I'm guessing that's why they are going to have the drums and mic included. Still, I think it would have made more sense to call it Rock Band 2 if it was going to have the elements included.

Another piece of awesome news, it's coming out for PS2! Thank you god! :D

Flab-Ender
05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes guitar hero is for just the guitar. It;s a stupid idea to add drums and vocal.

EpsilonX
05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Well actually, RedOctane bought out Harmonix, so I'm guessing that's why they are going to have the drums and mic included. Still, I think it would have made more sense to call it Rock Band 2 if it was going to have the elements included.

Another piece of awesome news, it's coming out for PS2! Thank you god! :D

Well, what I know is that Neversoft and Activision bought out one of the companies that made guitar hero, and the other company that made it did rock band instead. Did they join back together?

I heard the GH4 drumset will have cymbals too.

Nerdy Knight
05-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, I believe they did join back together. And yes, they will have cymbals on the drums this time. The orange and yellow will be used as the cymbals, the drums will make much less noise when you hit them now, and the kick-pedal is supposed to not have the sproing in it after you take your foot off it. Pretty good improvements, but I still think they should have left that stuff to Rock Band...

Riku-Nara
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
SPOLIER ALERT!
gh 4 drums.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/233/guitarherodrumsbh0.jpg
traded in 4th drum pad for extra cymbal.
not a good idea in my book.

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Gametrailers.com - Guitar Hero: World Tour - World Premiere Trailer HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34270.html)

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
i'd rather buy myself an electric drum set and make some real music! lol

i agree with NK just naming this thing Rockband 2

Kujo
05-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Um.. the guys who made the first 2 GHs broke off from the Activision label and they are the ones who created RockBand. They are the Harmonix crew. However, when they split, Activision kept the rights to the GH name. There is a reason GH3 looks soo much different from GH1-2. It was made by different people. Activision is taking the Rock Band idea FROM the harmonix guys because they saw how well RB sold. Them calling this RockBand2 would be stupid... and impossible since they dont own the rights to Rock Band. Therefor, they had to call this GH4.

Nerdy Knight
05-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I heard that RedOctane bought out Harmonix and they merged back together. So...if I'm correct, that should give them the rights to Rock Band. I doubt I'm wrong either, because Guitar Hero 4 couldn't steal the vocals and drums from Rock Band, because that would definitely be frowned upon, and they could have been sued by Harmonix.

Nerdy Chief
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually no youre both wrong because im the one who told Nerdy Knight that and he understood me wrong because red octane bought out harmonix but they also agreed to help but because activision and red octane had the more money they got their name on the game so ya its pretty stupid it would've been better if they just stuck with rock band 2 but im just glad their coming out wit such an awesome game if you want to read more on the game get the newest game informer

Riku-Nara
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I doubt I'm wrong either, because Guitar Hero 4 couldn't steal the vocals and drums from Rock Band, because that would definitely be frowned upon, and they could have been sued by Harmonix.

They're not "stealing drums and vocals" from rock band.
that's impossible.
If they we're to use the same engine for the drums and vocals that rock band used, and there was some sort of copyright on rock band's drum and vocal engine, then they could sue.

Still, it's a bit bo' that gh4's getting all this flack for using rock band's idea.
I mean, if you had to make another guitar hero game, what would you do?
imo, activison should just let try and sell the rights for guitar hero to harmonix, and make up some deal where they get a cut of the profit, the game won't suck, and they'll have no competion.

Nerdy Knight
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I never said the game would suck, it's just that I don't think integrating drums and vocals into Guitar Hero 4 would be right. I mean...they call it Guitar Hero for a reason, don't they? Even if I were to make a Guitar Hero game, I wouldn't have integrated the vocals or drums into it. But I guess that's just me...

GF Eric
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Well like I said, Harmonix are a part of GH and RB.

Kujo
05-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Ok ok ok... lets all agree that GUITAR Hero using any other instrument/input defies the law of being a GUITAR hero.

LiNuX
05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok ok ok... lets all agree that GUITAR Hero using any other instrument/input defies the law of being a GUITAR hero.

agreed lol - meh..don't plan on getting it anyway lol - i might save up to buy a PS3 or something, its only fair I add it onto my PS collection lol - so GHIV is out of the question unless i can get it for like $15 on ebay lol

EpsilonX
05-23-2008, 12:12 PM
okay okay. who cares why they split or anything. doesn't matter.

anyways I wish that they'd include a double bass pedal if needed.