PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch SouthPark? The Simpsons? Family Guy? American Dad? which is better?

Iceskater101
05-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Which do you think is better South Park, The simpsons family guy or american dad? These shows make fun of stuff in real life and I think some of them are funny. Which do you like better?

EpsilonX
05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Firstly, this belongs in cartoons & anime, seeing as all those shows are cartoons

anyways, I like the Simpsons, simple because it's the only one that's not excessively stupid. No, I can't stand family guy or south park, and i've never seen american dad but that looks kinda not funny.

Nerdy Knight
05-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Although I love Family Guy, I REALLY love Code Monkeys. The Simpsons is NOT funny anymore. South Park is funny, but Code Monkeys still beats it. American Dad I never really liked in the first place either, so yeah. I seriously think Code Monkeys OWNZ.

Samus-Fan
05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
The Simpsons, because like Epsilon, it isn't TOO stupidly funny.

All these shows share are stupid comedy. I don't like the shows where stuff happens, for no reason, just for you to laugh. Atleast The Simpsons has some real funny.

400th Post!!!

Riku-Nara
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I favor South Park the best.
i'm really not getting this "stupid comedy" thing you'll all going for.
The latest season of south park has really had some pretty complex story lines, and not a lot of jokes that happen for no reason.

rukisuto
05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
There's been some threads like this.

But anyways, I went for Family Guy.
I can always go for some stupid humor that makes no sense.

conman1000
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
"Hair rhymes with gloss"
-Family Guy.

Iceskater101
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
hey sorry if this is in the wrong topic but I picked southpark.

GF Eric
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I like them all but American Dad. But my favorite one is Family Guy, then South Park and the Simpsons.

LiNuX
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
lotsa threads like this lol

1. The Simpsons
2. Family Guy
3. The War At Home
4. Scrubs
5. Smallville
6. Supernatural

American Dad doesn't even make it to my top 20 watched shows and i dont think i watch that many in a given week or even month lol

Kujo
05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Out ouf those listend... i'd say Family Guy.

jakncoke
05-20-2008, 11:07 PM
gahh how many times this thread going to be made...use the search button and just use the other 5 or so that are like it...seriously this should closed and something be said about rehashing threads

EpsilonX
05-21-2008, 07:52 PM
gahh how many times this thread going to be made...use the search button and just use the other 5 or so that are like it...seriously this should closed and something be said about rehashing threads

well sometimes it's good to re-make a topic. Necroing a topic usually doesn't work too well.

LiNuX
05-21-2008, 09:12 PM
and different people open it so it doesnt matter - after a few thousand posts, posts seem to go around lol

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 12:28 AM
well sometimes it's good to re-make a topic. Necroing a topic usually doesn't work too well.

keyword- usually. But guess what this site is different from the rest of the internet and showed many times.

@ Linux- I disagree. Just because someone else made it just doesn't make it alright..you should be promoting the use of the search function on your site...The reason I bring this up and making a big deal is because I don't want this site turning into rehash paradise..I want new things to talk about not well we haven't talked about this in 2 months..lets do it again

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 12:31 AM
keyword- usually. But guess what this site is different from the rest of the internet and showed many times.

@ Linux- I disagree. Just because someone else made it just doesn't make it alright..you should be promoting the use of the search function on your site...The reason I bring this up and making a big deal is because I don't want this site turning into rehash paradise..I want new things to talk about not well we haven't talked about this in 2 months..lets do it again

well the thing is, not every topic is getting opened 300 times lol, just the simpsons and family guy ones and i completely agree with you - i can't force people to use the search function and i even brought out the tags system to make searching even easier - the keywords used most in tag cloud is the topic opened most but it'll be a while before people get used to that

in the mean time we all have to suffer through these :) and its not mandatory to post in these remade threads either

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
well the thing is, not every topic is getting opened 300 times lol, just the simpsons and family guy ones and i completely agree with you - i can't force people to use the search function and i even brought out the tags system to make searching even easier - the keywords used most in tag cloud is the topic opened most but it'll be a while before people get used to that

in the mean time we all have to suffer through these :) and its not mandatory to post in these remade threads either

Yes, but you should be closing the rehash and provide a link to the other and force them to use the other

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes, but you should be closing the rehash and provide a link to the other and force them to use the other

heh..i could but i prefer to give users the chance to open their own threads freely (minus spam)

how about this, the next thread about this topic gets closed and this becomes the official one comparing these shows lol - and one way to prevent that is to keep threads active, if they sink down, its not likely the person notices

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 01:14 AM
heh..i could but i prefer to give users the chance to open their own threads freely (minus spam)

how about this, the next thread about this topic gets closed and this becomes the official one comparing these shows lol - and one way to prevent that is to keep threads active, if they sink down, its not likely the person notices

fair enough..back to the topic on hand pplz. South Park and Simpsons ftw American Dad and Family Guy r t3h lamez

Kujo
05-22-2008, 02:57 AM
Jack... seriously... you rag on me for having an attitude but when one person does something you dont like.. you make a big *****ing stink about. Quit your *****ing. No 1 forces you to reply to every thread thats opened. You see something that was already posted once... just skip over it. Chill the ***** out. its a forum.... the end of the world is not iminent based on a rehashed thread. Not everyone... in fact, hardly anyone uses the search feature on forums. just deal with it.

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Jack... seriously... you rag on me for having an attitude but when one person does something you dont like.. you make a big *****ing stink about. Quit your *****ing. No 1 forces you to reply to every thread thats opened. You see something that was already posted once... just skip over it. Chill the ***** out. its a forum.... the end of the world is not iminent based on a rehashed thread. Not everyone... in fact, hardly anyone uses the search feature on forums. just deal with it.

yeah....you gotta calm down too lol

this thread is becoming violent sheesh

Joshuah
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I would say in order =]
Family Guy
Scrubs
South Park
American Dad
The Simpsons
Thats my top 5 people =] Read it and weep :-P

GF Eric
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Scrubs is awesome. I watch it like all the time when Family Guy is not on.

LemonRising
05-22-2008, 05:17 PM
South Park is best, I think, mostly because it has harsh humor and makes fun of today relevant topics. Plus they made fun of their voice actor when he left them. How awesome is that?

Family Guy comes next, because it's just stupid and easy to watch, get a few cheaps laughs, etc.

Simpsons was great and I still love it, but now it's getting a little stale. The simpsons movie was "pretty funny", but not the epic laugh fest we've been waiting years for.

American Dad.. is basically another Family Guy, but not as good? It has the same qualities and you feel like you're watching Family Guy still, so it gets old.

And the rehashing thing.. when it gets old enough someone's gonna make a new topic. This discussion could go both ways man. We get a lot of people saying "don't bring up old threads." but then we get people saying "don't make new threads". Honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Iceskater101
05-22-2008, 05:37 PM
wow.. people need to like chill..

Blah Blah Blah
05-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I like Family Guy the best. I watch it with my brother. Very funny TBS.

EpsilonX
05-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Edit: nevermind. Disregard post please

Blah Blah Blah
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
family guy is totally awsome :laugh:

Iceskater101
05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
I watch family guy sometimes.

KittyCat72
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
My top shows are
1. The Simpsons
2. Supernatural
3. How I Met Your Mother
4. Xioalin Showdown

So, as you can see, The Simpsons is my favorite and I think it's the best. I watch Family Guy too... it's a good show but I noticed it copies a lot of its jokes from The Simpsons.

Iceskater101
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM
The Simpsons are awesome!

Yuuki
06-06-2008, 04:54 PM
I always watched the Simpsons. : )
It's been a while.):

Twigz
06-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, tons of threads like this around here; to sum, Simpsons and Family Guy are 2 of my favs, but I have a lot of other favs, too numerous to name, so I voted "Other". LOL

Trunks
06-19-2008, 02:30 PM
South Park is one of my favorite all time shows. I'm think about going on ebay or some place and buying all 10 seasons. I don't think 11 has came out on dvd yet.

Iceskater101
06-28-2008, 09:34 AM
South Park is one of my favorite all time shows. I'm think about going on ebay or some place and buying all 10 seasons. I don't think 11 has came out on dvd yet.

yeah some of there shows are hilarous other's are ok..

souljaa
06-28-2008, 11:33 AM
lotsa threads like this lol

1. The Simpsons
2. Family Guy
3. The War At Home
4. Scrubs
5. Smallville
6. Supernatural

American Dad doesn't even make it to my top 20 watched shows and i dont think i watch that many in a given week or even month lol

Omg you watch smallville?!
K sorry that's really off topic.
For me, it's Simpsons, then family guy, and south park I haven't seen in years, but I did used to watch it alot.

Scott
06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I have the box sets of all of them except the simpsons and south park because I prefer the other 3 to them

nemesis
06-30-2008, 04:17 AM
The simpsons are good anybody can watch them it all light hearted fun, but south park is the best not to great for little kids i think of my self as 25 year kid so i like lol

HamadaLFC8
10-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I like all but Simpsons has to be the best! It reminds me of the times when I used to wake up at like 10 am on the weekends and just like watch it! good old days i miss them :( nothing to worry about, just you and your buddy the TV! FML hahahahaha

Aizen
10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Family guy for me is way better. I do like American Dad now though. Never really got into The Simpsons much.

LiNuX
10-07-2009, 11:17 PM
the simpsons started their 21st season a couple weeks ago - some good episodes. Can't wait for sundays now.

ViddaXondi
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I prefer South Park. Havent watched the simpsons in years and never been a fan of Family Guy.

HamadaLFC8
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah the old simpsons is way better than the new one! now it just getting stupid but wtv, I like all American dad, family guy, southpark are all funny as hell xD

P.S : I don't really think hell is funny

LemonRising
10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I think the Simpsons have managed to keep their jokes pretty freshhh.
It's still fun to watch and although the movie sucked, I'm not disappointed by the new episodes at all.

LiNuX
10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I liked the middle seasons, from season 10-17 i guess - but that's when I actually got into the simpsons and became a good fan (didn't watch it right from birth so I had to catch up with the earlier seasons later in life) - but I agree with lemon, they definitely kept their jokes fresh. I'll still continue to watch..no matter how rotten the jokes may get! same goes for Family Guy.

JuveThaGreat
10-09-2009, 05:58 AM
ill go with family guy on this one..nothin beats Peter Griffin

LiNuX
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
now they have the Cleveland Show - it's alright, I can't call myself a fan like I am of Family Guy though. Has some pretty funny scenes.

2 days away for new episodes.

Kenoi
11-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Simpsons, it was the first one I've watched. And Family Guy just comes up with random stuff I can feel my head losing brain cells....

MsMyMind
11-23-2009, 09:13 AM
How could you not have put BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD!??!?!?!?!??!

Zeroh
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmm, im kinda torn between southpark and family guy...

wait! what about futerama?!?!?!

FFQueen92
01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
I chose South Park.

I mean, I love The Simpsons and I watch it pretty much every day. Just it's hard to enjoy it as much when I've seen every episode at least 5 times.

South Park appeals more to my sense of humour and is refreshing since I've not seen every episode.

Family Guy is alright, I do love Something, Something, Something Darkside.

American Dad isn't that funny.

jango
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I chose the simpsons simply because it's the daddy of these types of shows. Having said that I personally prefer Futurama over most of these shows these days .. it continually makes me laugh.

TheMangler187
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
I watch Family Guy every week. Not really into American Dad and The Simpsons seems to have gone pretty downhill...

paecmaker
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I like family guy and the simpsons(havent watched american dad so much)

However I prefer south park, its just so utterly insane(even more than family guy).

Sunsetforgotten
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
American Dad, for the episode "Rapture". Oh lawdy one of the best episodes ever

Trunks
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I watch all the new episodes of South Park, Family guy, Simpsons and American Dad. I normally watch them at night before I go to bed if re runs are on. I used to hate the Simpsons and American Dad, but I recently started to like the shows. I listed them in my favorite order, South Park is still my favorite by far.

Mizel
02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
American Dad, for the episode "Rapture". Oh lawdy one of the best episodes ever

I fkn LOVE American Dad. For some reason I used to *hate* it and my cousin got me back into it. Same with my fiance, he used to hate it and then watched it again and loves it now :D I watch it every morning while getting ready... this morning, Roger: "Did somebody bet me how many washcloths I can fit in my butt or did I do this just for fun? ... Doesn't matter... SEVENTEEN!!!" Lulzzz

The Simpsons I used to like, oh I dunno.... 10 seasons ago LOL Same with South Park. SP I still watch occasional, but I feel like they are trying to hard and out of ideas. It's about 1 in every 5 episodes thats good now..... however, I AM anxiously awaiting the SP game :D

Emp
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Hmmm... this is a tough one. I would have to go with family guy. Although, I like all the other shows too. Out of all of them, the 1st one I ever saw was The Simpsons.

Synge
02-22-2012, 04:04 PM
I fkn LOVE American Dad. For some reason I used to *hate* it and my cousin got me back into it. Same with my fiance, he used to hate it and then watched it again and loves it now :D I watch it every morning while getting ready... this morning, Roger: "Did somebody bet me how many washcloths I can fit in my butt or did I do this just for fun? ... Doesn't matter... SEVENTEEN!!!" Lulzzz

The Simpsons I used to like, oh I dunno.... 10 seasons ago LOL Same with South Park. SP I still watch occasional, but I feel like they are trying to hard and out of ideas. It's about 1 in every 5 episodes thats good now..... however, I AM anxiously awaiting the SP game :D

Hahaha, I was another American Dad hater, but now, I'd agree that it's the best of this list. FG, SP, even the Simpsons, I dunno, seems like they do the same **** over and over, or just aren't funny.

Roger manages to keep American Dad interesting enough for me to enjoy watching.

Mizel
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Hahaha, I was another American Dad hater, but now, I'd agree that it's the best of this list. FG, SP, even the Simpsons, I dunno, seems like they do the same **** over and over, or just aren't funny.

Roger manages to keep American Dad interesting enough for me to enjoy watching.

So weird! Why does everyone hate it at first?! haha

I honestly always forget FG is even still making new episodes lol I dont mind the show (at least not the newer eps, old ones ive seen way too many times) I just never think about it lol

Doll
02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
I didn't hate American Dad, it was just one of those shows I didn't really care for. I would watch it when my friends watch it. I use to watch South Park like crazy though. But then I found Futurama. XD Hmmmm....

Hyper_Reality
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Out of those four, Family Guy has to be my favorite. South Park relies too much on crude humor. The Simpsons is so old, it is getting stale. As for American Dad, it just never grabbed my attention. Family Guy has a good blend of different types of comedy; You'll never know what kind of jokes you will see in an episode until you watch the whole thing through.

BobTD
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
You could include Archer (and I love Archer) with these type of shows. And while I usually enjoy them to some extent, they are really helping to dumb down our culture.

Mizel
02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
You could include Archer (and I love Archer) with these type of shows. And while I usually enjoy them to some extent, they are really helping to dumb down our culture.

Archer is one of my favorite shows of all time ^_^

TheMangler187
02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
American Dad always seemed like a bad Family Guy to me, but some jokes I liked, although I admittedly haven't watched too much of it so maybe I just have to give it more of a chance.

Another show I don't mind is Beavis and Butthead. I brushed it off as stupid and annoying at first, but after watching a few episodes I started liking it.

Mizel
02-28-2012, 09:25 AM
American Dad always seemed like a bad Family Guy to me, but some jokes I liked, although I admittedly haven't watched too much of it so maybe I just have to give it more of a chance.

Another show I don't mind is Beavis and Butthead. I brushed it off as stupid and annoying at first, but after watching a few episodes I started liking it.

Oh man, the new Beavis & Butthead is absolutely hilarious. I thought when they brought it back that it was going to be horrible…. but it’s surprisingly funny. Watching B&B make fun of the Kardashians… and Snooky…. priceless ^_^

TheMangler187
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
I know what you mean, I was hoping it was going to stay the same, and it did. Awesome show. I hope more episodes come out soon...

Mizel
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I know what you mean, I was hoping it was going to stay the same, and it did. Awesome show. I hope more episodes come out soon...

Me toooo! The new season seemed oddly short?

Bertrum
03-07-2012, 12:04 PM
hmm, out of the 4 listed I would say:

#1 Family Guy - Some of the jokes are incredibly smart, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever watched
#2 The Simpsons - It's timeless, it's a family show but at the same time hilarious.
#3 American Dad - It's a poor version of Family Guy, but still makes for some very good viewing.
#99 South Park - It's pitiful, such poor story lines, and the animation is dreadful