PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock movie

GameSkril.com
05-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Anyone else hear about this or has anymore info about it ? I can't wait for it ! hope it will be awsome.

rukisuto
05-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I haven't heard of this.
Got any information on it?

GameSkril.com
05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
IGN has an article on it

Flab-Ender
05-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Hmm i wonder what it will be rated.

Samus-Fan
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Hmm i wonder what it will be rated.

Most likely"R" because the game was "M".

This movie will be cool! I mean, going underwater, seeing the guy attacked in front of you. then zombies attacking you, and giant drill guys attacking you...It'll be great!

Iceskater101
05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I havent heard of this either...

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Just no...gtfo Bioshock movie..seriously the gaming industry and movie industry needs to get away from each other, nothing good comes from this. There also making a Tekken movie now.

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Just no...gtfo Bioshock movie..seriously the gaming industry and movie industry needs to get away from each other, nothing good comes from this. There also making a Tekken movie now.

lol, they are doing it both ways now - movies into games and games into movies

superman returns and iron man are two examples of movies into games

Resident Evil and Doom are two examples of games into movies

the movie industry is just running out of ideas i guess and now gaming comapnies are just taking the opportunity to make more games for more money by basing them on movies

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 12:58 AM
lol, they are doing it both ways now - movies into games and games into movies

superman returns and iron man are two examples of movies into games

Resident Evil and Doom are two examples of games into movies

the movie industry is just running out of ideas i guess and now gaming comapnies are just taking the opportunity to make more games for more money by basing them on movies

Both industry's have been intertwined for a long time, like the infamous ET game that basically caused the industry to sank or the Super Mario movie made in early 90's(only game movie I can say I like) but I don't know you guys but it's going overboard..I mean a movie for every franchise these days..and now Juno and Napoleon Dynamite games+ the other blockbuster movie games...just plain irritating.

LiNuX
05-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Both industry's have been intertwined for a long time, like the infamous ET game that basically caused the industry to sank or the Super Mario movie made in early 90's(only game movie I can say I like) but I don't know you guys but it's going overboard..I mean a movie for every franchise these days..and now Juno and Napoleon Dynamite games+ the other blockbuster movie games...just plain irritating.

yeah i remember et and super mario lol, havent played ET and havent watched the super mario movie

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 01:04 AM
yeah i remember et and super mario lol, havent played ET and havent watched the super mario movie

Ya ET is considered one of the worst games ever. I believe it came out for the Atari 2600..which is why you probably never played...ya crazy things about that game..like they had something around 3 million left over that didn't sell..so they took a fleet of trucks and buried them in desert.

Kujo
05-22-2008, 03:00 AM
Game based movies ardly ever do well. Doom... was HORRIBLE. Resident Evil... marginally better and got worse as the trilogy went on. Bioshock... may end up becoming a pile of Biosh*t

GF Eric
05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the movie as long as it doesn't suck smelly feet, like most games gone movies. :confused1:

GameSkril.com
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Well atleast this movie will have pretty good actors and film makers working on it so hopefully they'll make a gaming > big screen movie that will be amazing. We can only hope.

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Well atleast this movie will have pretty good actors and film makers working on it so hopefully they'll make a gaming > big screen movie that will be amazing. We can only hope.

who the actors/director?

GameSkril.com
05-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Matt Damon -- Not the pretty boy version, but the badass post-Bourne Matt Damon.

Heath Ledger -- We think fans will be ready to embrace Ledger in the role once he's established himself as a genre star playing The Joker in The Dark Knight

Christian Bale -- Batman. 'Nuff said. We doubt Bale would take on another high-profile sci-fi/action project while entrenched in the Caped Crusader franchise, but it'd be worth testing the waters.

Jake Gyllenhaal -- Is Gyllenhaal ready to carry a big budget flick like BioShock? We think so.

Clive Owen -- If we're casting slightly older, Clive Owen is our choice. And if you've seen Children of Men or caught a glimpse of the actor in the Shoot 'Em Up trailer then the idea of Owen as Jack will surely have you jazzed.

For the role of Andrew Ryan we've managed to narrow it down to a single pick: Anthony Hopkins. There's no doubt that the award-winning actor has got the chops, and we think it'd be fun to see Hopkins take on another genre role -- especially a villain. Tweak the accent, a simple technique for such an experienced actor, and you've got your man.

jakncoke
05-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Heath Ledger died months ago of an OD..suppose there going to have re-fill that role. Cast seems great...perhaps it won't be as ****ty as I thought.

Samus-Fan
05-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow, better cast then I thought. I thought it would be filled with no-name actors.

Any idea who the director is?

blaze4556
05-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Ya ET is considered one of the worst games ever. I believe it came out for the Atari 2600..which is why you probably never played...ya crazy things about that game..like they had something around 3 million left over that didn't sell..so they took a fleet of trucks and buried them in desert.

lol they made 7 million game copies when there were only 6 million atari 2600's

i cant wait for this bioshock movie, seeing a big daddy on the big screen is going to be awesome

Kujo
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Heath Ledger huh... that should be interesting seeing as how he's been dead for a few months.

rukisuto
05-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Wow, better cast then I thought. I thought it would be filled with no-name actors.

Any idea who the director is?

Actually, sometimes I think no-name actors are better than the hot-shot ones.
It's kind of hard to explain in writing, but the main point is that I never picture the character to look like the hot-shot actors do.
And I totally hate that.

I.E. Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon in 'The Da Vinci Code'.
I absolutely hated it.

GameSkril.com
05-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Actually, sometimes I think no-name actors are better than the hot-shot ones.
It's kind of hard to explain in writing, but the main point is that I never picture the character to look like the hot-shot actors do.
And I totally hate that.

I.E. Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon in 'The Da Vinci Code'.
I absolutely hated it.

Same. I always like seeing new faces in movies gets kinda lame when you see the same people star in films over and over.

jakncoke
05-27-2008, 01:20 PM
lol...who moved this to general gaming? this is defiantly a tv section post