PDA

View Full Version : So Bioshock is coming to PS3

EpsilonX
05-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd link you to a source, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one on like IGN or something. I know gamespot has an entry for Bioshock ps3

anyways.

What do you guys think of this? I thought the people that made it were part of microsoft? Oh well, not like i'm complaining. I might get it. It looks decent. Actually, i'll probably just rent it.

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Day 1 buy if they don't screw up the port...if they screw it up I'll just get it on the 360. Too bad Capcom screwed up the port to Lost Planet as that seemed like an interesting game. I really didn't think Bioshock would ever release on the PS3.

EpsilonX
05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Day 1 buy if they don't screw up the port...if they screw it up I'll just get it on the 360. Too bad Capcom screwed up the port to Lost Planet as that seemed like an interesting game. I really didn't think Bioshock would ever release on the PS3.

Honestly I didn't think it would go to PS3 either.

What's wrong with the Lost Planet port?

jakncoke
05-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Honestly I didn't think it would go to PS3 either.

What's wrong with the Lost Planet port?

I've heard many bad things about it like framerate and such and I believe graphics are poo compared to 360 version but when the 360 version gets a 79 and PS3 gets a 67 you know they didn't take their time and make a proper port.

Iceskater101
05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I played bioshock on the 360 and its a really fun game interesting kinda creepy but fun.

blaze4556
05-23-2008, 10:21 AM
dammit what will PS3 get next? mass effect? ;(

EpsilonX
05-23-2008, 12:09 PM

I'd prefer Lost Odyssey personally, but that was made by microsoft so its never gonna happen =[

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 07:31 PM

I don't think that'll go...but why do you care if more ppl get to play a great game? the system moving power of the game is gone and now it'll just move units for the existing userbase.

blaze4556
05-23-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't think that'll go...but why do you care if more ppl get to play a great game? the system moving power of the game is gone and now it'll just move units for the existing userbase.

i care because we dont get any PS3 titles >.<
even if theres hardly any games for it

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
i care because we dont get any PS3 titles >.<
even if theres hardly any games for it

wrong. But seriously there is 1 3rd party exclusive out VF5 went, DMC4 went, Unreal Tournament 3 is coming...360 just has a lot out . Haze probably will go...the thing of it is though it's cost too much these days to make a 3rd party exclusive if a company doesn't moneyhat

blaze4556
05-23-2008, 08:11 PM
wrong. But seriously there is 1 3rd party exclusive out VF5 went, DMC4 went, Unreal Tournament 3 is coming...360 just has a lot out . Haze probably will go...the thing of it is though it's cost too much these days to make a 3rd party exclusive if a company doesn't moneyhat

im talking about ps3 exclusive games that were already out for like a month

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Well VF5 and UT3 defiantly fall under the category seeing they were PS3 exclusive for multiple months. Haze has a chance as well..other than that all the PS3 exclusives are 1st/2nd party. MGS4 also has a chance but the chances are slim to none.

EpsilonX
05-23-2008, 08:50 PM
lets see.

Bladestorm started as a ps3 exclusive
Devil May Cry 4 started as a ps3 exclusive
Assassin's Creed started as a ps3 exclusive
Ace Combat used to be a playstation exclusive.
Resident Evil 5 started as a ps3 exclusive I THINK. i'm probably wrong though.

We never even got the system selling power of the exclusives, they just started out on both systems. At least you guys got a few system sales out of bioshock before it went over.

BTW, MGS4 will not go over, cuz Kojima is dead set on keeping it ps3 exclusive. The only reason it will go over is if there's no other option.

BTW, Unreal Tournament 3 is going over to 360, and Haze will more than likely, but I hope not.

blaze4556
05-23-2008, 08:51 PM
we're losing more exclusives like RB6: vegas, oblivion, bioshock and probably a few others. MGS4 being ported to 360 is like halo 3 being ported to ps3...

EpsilonX
05-23-2008, 08:53 PM
we're losing more exclusives like RB6: vegas, oblivion, bioshock and probably a few others. MGS4 being ported to 360 is like halo 3 being ported to ps3...

vegas was planned a 360 exclusive?

Oblivion I don't really care about, and Bioshock has been on 360 for a long time so it doesn't really count. It's system selling appeal has probably worn off.

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Rainbow 6/Oblivion were only exclusive because they came out before PS3 even was released.. Rainbow 6 was suppose to be a launch title but they sucked and couldn't figure out how to make the game good for a long time..Oblivion they just took extra time to make the draw distance and lighting better and ya there's a few others but I repeat...I REPEAT...It's because 360 just has more 3rd exclusives and company's want more money..Trust me if the PS3 had more 3rd party exclusives it'd be just like the 360 losing them after X period of time. Also MGS4/Halo 3 example is a terrible example as one is 3rd party and the other is 1st party...Gears of War is the best example to what point your trying to get across

Iceskater101
05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
well basically each system is stealing games from the other system in this case playstation is stealing bioshock and what someone said about all the playstation labels that were stolen by the 360.

jakncoke
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
2K Games Injects PLAYSTATION®3 System Owners with Genetically Enhanced Version of BioShock®

2K Games Injects PLAYSTATION®3 System Owners with Genetically Enhanced Version of BioShock®

New York, NY – May 28, 2008 – 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that BioShock®, the "genetically enhanced" story-driven action game, is in development for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system at 2K Marin. The PLAYSTATION 3 system title will be released in October 2008 with new features and content that heighten the award-winning experience.

BioShock for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® was released in 2007 and received numerous Game of the Year honors from prestigious organizations including Associated Press, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), Game Informer, Spike TV's VGAs and Paste Magazine. BioShock's extension to the PLAYSTATION 3 system will bring exciting new content to this amazing title and reach many new players, while giving the title the opportunity to once again be named Game of the Year.

"Since BioShock for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows won countless 2007 Game of the Year awards, we are excited to see the impact of this stellar title for the PLAYSTATION 3 system when it debuts this fall," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "Over the coming months we look forward to revealing the new features and content that will make this a must-have game for its new audience, as well as for those who enjoyed it on the other platforms."

BioShock is a narrative-driven action experience that allows players to do the impossible as they journey through an amazing, immersive and terrifying world. Caught between powerful forces and hunted down by genetically mutated citizens, the player will come to grips with the mysterious and fascinating world of Rapture, a distinct Art Deco underwater utopia gone mad. BioShock not only challenges the players' capacity to adapt and survive, but brings to question their values and commitment to the inhabitants of Rapture. With smart and adaptive AI, no encounter ever plays out the same, while numerous customization options provide gamers with an experience that adapts to their playing style.

As one of the highest-rated titles of 2007, BioShock was unanimously praised by the editorial industry's top critics:

"While delivering a level of intrigue you rarely see in games, its most captivating element is its gameplay – which I can easily say delivers the most rewarding and adrenaline-filled experience I have ever had with an FPS." – Game Informer Magazine, 10 out of 10, Game of the Year

"There's ample flexibility in the game's linear storyline that makes a second run through Rapture's unique brand of madness an exciting prospect." – Associated Press, 4 stars out of 4

"Why settle for watching the hero in a film have a thrilling adventure when you can all but live a narrative this masterfully woven." – Paste Magazine, Game of the Year

"BioShock stands as a monolithic example of the convergence of entertaining gameplay and an irresistibly sinister, engrossing storyline that encompasses a host of multifaceted characters. This is an essential gaming experience." – IGN.com, 9.7 out of 10, Editor's Choice Award

"More so than any other game in recent memory, BioShock is dripping with atmosphere and intrigue, and it's one of those rare titles where story, dialogue and character development are just as important as the action sequences." – USA Today, 9 stars out of 10

BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3 system will be available in October 2008 and is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on BioShock, visit 302 Found (http://www.bioshockgame.com).

So October it is barring delays

Creed
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Hmmm...So it's finally coming out for PS3. Awesome!

Shixx
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Figured it would. Lets just hope they don't half ass it.

Iceskater101
06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
at least halo 3 is still on the xbox 360

Shixx
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I dont see why it matters which console their on.. if they both have games you want just buy both. I mean I'm a pretty Poor gamer and I managed to get both fairly easy

jakncoke
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Announced in late May, 2K Games finally confirmed the rumors that not only would the game be coming to the PS3, but will include "new content" and "new features."

"Since BioShock for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows won countless 2007 Game of the Year awards, we are excited to see the impact of this stellar title for the PlayStation 3 when it debuts this fall," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K.

"Over the coming months we look forward to revealing the new features and content that will make this a must-have game for its new audience, as well as for those who enjoyed it on the other platforms."

With E3 around the corner, expect to hear more soon. However, for those of you looking forward to picking the title up, you can now look forward to a November release date. Stay tuned to PSU.com for an official statement from 2k Games.

Dated for November 4th now.