PDA

View Full Version : Gear of War price drop

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 04:53 AM
June 24th it will be priced at 40 and will include the dlc from Live and possibly stuff from the PC version

source-Gamestop employee

EpsilonX
05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
June 24th it will be priced at 40 and will include the dlc from Live and possibly stuff from the PC version

source-Gamestop employee

Like a greatest-hits sorta thing?

rukisuto
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Sounds like it's going down because GOW 2 is coming out this fall.
It is this fall.. right?

Samus-Fan
05-23-2008, 02:37 PM
'Bout time they drop the price.

Eh, it really is only because GOW 2 is coming out soon, but hey, 10 bucks saved.

jakncoke
05-23-2008, 06:58 PM
'Bout time they drop the price.

Eh, it really is only because GOW 2 is coming out soon, but hey, 10 bucks saved.
Actually 20..remember 360/PS3 games are 60

Sounds like it's going down because GOW 2 is coming out this fall.
It is this fall.. right?
Yes

Like a greatest-hits sorta thing?

360 runs on Platinum series which is the same as greatest hits but this seems like a special thing seeing Gears sold so well..seeing Platinum games get there price axed to 30..according to Wiki

Kujo
05-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Of course they dropped the price. Why woudlnt they after I already have it. GRRRR

jakncoke
05-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Of course they dropped the price. Why woudlnt they after I already have it. GRRRR

Yeah but you enjoyed it months before(most likely) sure it sucks for ppl that recently bought it at full price..but launch buyers shouldn't feel bad as they got the full expierence..I mean is there still a decent following for GOW MP? If there is I'm sure it's not even close to what it was like in the launch period.

EpsilonX
05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
So wait...Why would they re-print it adding new features with a lower price if it wasn't some sort of greatest hits or maybe special edition type thing? Is it a GotY edition? (god i hope not)

jakncoke
05-28-2008, 02:48 AM
So wait...Why would they re-print it adding new features with a lower price if it wasn't some sort of greatest hits or maybe special edition type thing? Is it a GotY edition? (god i hope not)

It's basically a GOTY edition but not following suit on the pricing pattern. I defiantly could see GOTY pattern holding ground in the market..which sucks cause I'd rather not have to waste my time dl'ing content.

GF Eric
05-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Thats funny I got my Limited Collectors Edition Gears of War for $40. It was the same price as the regular one. But I got it like 4 months ago.

EpsilonX
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
It's basically a GOTY edition but not following suit on the pricing pattern. I defiantly could see GOTY pattern holding ground in the market..which sucks cause I'd rather not have to waste my time dl'ing content.

Does it have alternate art now?

If anyone has seen the GOTY edition of CoD4, the cover looks fantastic. Would they do that to Gears of War as well? Did Gears of War win any GOTY awards?

jakncoke
05-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Does it have alternate art now?

If anyone has seen the GOTY edition of CoD4, the cover looks fantastic. Would they do that to Gears of War as well? Did Gears of War win any GOTY awards?

I dunno about it getting AA and and ya it did win GOTY awards