PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: Metallica

jakncoke
06-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Earlier this year, Activision unveiled Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the first installment in its billion-dollar rhythm series based entirely on a band. No sooner had the publisher announced the deal than speculation began to spread about what the second band-based Guitar Hero game would be. Along with Van Halen, the most mentioned group was Metallica, the legendary San Francisco Bay Area heavy-metal quartet.

Time to ride the royalty lightning!

Now, talk of Guitar Hero: Metallica is no longer a case of wishful thinking or idle speculation--it's fact. When sifting through an SEC filing of Activision's over the weekend, Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Edward Woo--associate of the highly visible Michael Pachter--uncovered a gem in the section where the Santa Monica, California-based publisher discussed its upcoming game slate.

"In fiscal 2009, we plan to publish Guitar Hero: On Tour for the NDS; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Guitar Hero IV across multiple platforms," the company said in its report. Activision's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that the game will likely follow the holiday release of Guitar Hero: World Tour (nee Guitar Hero 4).

Guitar Hero: Metallica will be the first time a game based on the multiplatinum-selling band--which has become only slightly less famous for its antipiracy efforts as its musical achievements--has made it to retail. However, it is the second such game to be announced. In 2003, Vivendi Games--which will soon merge with Activision--struck a deal to create a vehicular combat game inspired by Metallica's music. Unconfirmed reports stated that the project had been quietly canceled in 2005.

In other news, Activision's SEC filing also confirmed that the next James Bond game, which will be developed by Treyarch using the Call of Duty 4 engine, will indeed be titled Quantum of Solace like the next James Bond film.

milkage to the extreme..Aerosmith and Metallica versions should of never been green lighted and they should of been put into GH4.

Riku-Nara
06-03-2008, 12:21 AM
..it sounds so awesome...........
but only because i love metalica sooo much....
now i see how aerosmith fans feel....

Nerdy Knight
06-03-2008, 05:45 AM
That's pretty effin' sweet of em'! I like Aerosmith too, don't get me wrong, but Metallica has always been one of my favorites! But wait...Guitar Hero: On Tour isn't coming out until 2009 now? That's odd...they said it would be out this Summer. Sigh...I hate it when they push back games that are going to be awesome...

Kujo
06-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Ok.. i HATE to do this.. but I have to agree with Jakncoke on this one. There is NO reason for them to have 2 different GH games based off of 2 different bands when they could have just as easily combined both of them in GH4. In fact... (and I know they will never do this but) a good idea would be to make a mass GH game with all the best GH songs to date, then added in a slew of new ones. But thats just me.

Iceskater101
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok.. i HATE to do this.. but I have to agree with Jakncoke on this one. There is NO reason for them to have 2 different GH games based off of 2 different bands when they could have just as easily combined both of them in GH4. In fact... (and I know they will never do this but) a good idea would be to make a mass GH game with all the best GH songs to date, then added in a slew of new ones. But thats just me.

I agree with you too I mean having two seperate guitar hero games I mean come on I dont want to buy two seperate guitar hero games thats dumb just combine both add new songs :)

LiNuX
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
its all for the money - why would you want a gh game with just music from one band?

but again, its all for the money

EpsilonX
06-03-2008, 08:02 PM
I was reading this thing, and it said that konami is making a similar game which will include a drumset.

So that's 3 different drum sets ull need (guitar hero, rock band, konami's game)

I hope people realise that guitar hero games are actually just a waste of money and stop buying them.

Iceskater101
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I personally like guitar hero i think its a fun video game but now Konami or whatever is like ripping guitar hero off its pretty sad.

LiNuX
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I was reading this thing, and it said that konami is making a similar game which will include a drumset.

So that's 3 different drum sets ull need (guitar hero, rock band, konami's game)

I hope people realise that guitar hero games are actually just a waste of money and stop buying them.

lol everyone is trying to make interactive games these days - they go to GH because games like dance dance revolution can't really have much more unless you have something for the hands too lol

rukisuto
06-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Like LiNuX said, it's all money :]
They'll probably come out with a GH: Greatest Hits or something in the near future.
At least I wouldn't doubt it.

I haven't even bought GH III, but you know I'll be all over the fourth one. lol.
I won't bother much with the Aerosmith or Metallica versions.

Kujo
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
SCREW MONEY!!! From now on.. I'm trading with cows and/or goats. If the big corporations dont like it... screw them!! more milk, cheese, and burgers for me!

edit: POST 400!!!! WOO HOO!

EpsilonX
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Well honestly, if the games were like $30 and you could get 1 guitar compatable with every game, and 1 drumset and 1 microphone, that'd be sweet.

but as it is, you get cluttered up with all this crap and nowhere to put it.

Samus-Fan
06-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I find this funny, they are turning into EA. They make too many sequals! GH was fun, GH 2 was great, GH3 was ok, and GH4 is going to alright, but GH mettalica and GH Areosmith? (Unless GH is owned by EA)

Anyone remember the Sims?
Oh, I mean The Sims Unleashed
Er, The Sims Vacation
Gah, The Sims superstar
Grr, The Sims Livin' Large
...The Sims Hot Date
Or, The Sims Makin' Magic
er, The Sims House Party
I mean, silly me, The Sims 2
or Maybe the Sims 3...
Of course, can't forget My Sims

Iceskater101
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I like gh3 I just dont like the band duels or whatever. but I never bought the sims 1 I only bought the sims 2 and that was fun.

rukisuto
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I find this funny, they are turning into EA. They make too many sequals! GH was fun, GH 2 was great, GH3 was ok, and GH4 is going to alright, but GH mettalica and GH Areosmith? (Unless GH is owned by EA)

Anyone remember the Sims?
Oh, I mean The Sims Unleashed
Er, The Sims Vacation
Gah, The Sims superstar
Grr, The Sims Livin' Large
...The Sims Hot Date
Or, The Sims Makin' Magic
er, The Sims House Party
I mean, silly me, The Sims 2
or Maybe the Sims 3...
Of course, can't forget My Sims

lawl.
EA and all their silly sequels :]

I can't deny that the sims IS fun.
I buy all the expansion packs, lol.

Kujo
06-04-2008, 11:36 PM
OMG... i didnt realise that there were soo many sim packs out there. I stopped at Sims 2. And even then.. i think i bought too many.

Iceskater101
06-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I wish they could just put all of the expansions into the sims 2 because it takes up memory on my laptop

EpsilonX
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Actually, Guitar Hero 4 looks to be amazing. You can make your own guitars, characters, and songs (like, write your own songs...or at least thats what it looks like the article says)

Iceskater101
06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
write your own songs? interesting..

Shixx
06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
They should have done what Rock band is doing. atleast 1 New songs for download a week, it does cost 2$ but you can choose what songs you want and if you think about it it's only 1$ more then a Regular MP3. Good deal if you ask me.

EpsilonX
06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
They should have done what Rock band is doing. atleast 1 New songs for download a week, it does cost 2$ but you can choose what songs you want and if you think about it it's only 1$ more then a Regular MP3. Good deal if you ask me.

You get to make your own chart for any song you want.

Iceskater101
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
wow that sounds interesting..

Kujo
06-08-2008, 11:31 AM
make your own song?? i did not hear about this. Either way.. the whole Areosmith/Metallica themes are pretty lame... but i digress...

EpsilonX
06-08-2008, 12:05 PM
make your own song?? i did not hear about this. Either way.. the whole Areosmith/Metallica themes are pretty lame... but i digress...

well we're talking about GH4, but yeah aero and metallica (and as much as i love them) even van halen guitar heroes sound lame

anyways, i got this month's game informer and it has a huge section about guitar hero 4. It's gonna make Rock Band look like Shredmaster Jr. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRD8M2dMS5w&feature=related)

Iceskater101
06-08-2008, 12:44 PM
god guitar hero 4 sounds fun but.. about aerosmith and metalica. I mean couldnt they combine them in there own game? having one band in one game and metalica in another is just..... weird..

Metallica1983
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Guitar hero hasn't had enough Metallica Im all for Activision making a GH based around them

Iceskater101
06-11-2008, 03:38 PM
so I take it that your a metalica fan then? Goku?

Metallica1983
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
yes I am the master of puppets the rider of lightning the sandman I am all four horsemen I'm a big Metallica fan but I'm an even bigger Disturbbed fan hey Activision should do a Guitar Hero: Disturbbed

LiNuX
06-11-2008, 04:08 PM
yes I am the master of puppets the rider of lightning the sandman I am all four horsemen I'm a big Metallica fan but I'm an even bigger Disturbbed fan hey Activision should do a Guitar Hero: Disturbbed

lol, i have all their songs and they do have more than enough songs to make a whole gh game based on metallica but i like different styles of music rather than sticking to one - i know metallica has different styles but i don't know, maybe its just me and a few other people that doesn't like the idea lol

Iceskater101
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
lol, i have all their songs and they do have more than enough songs to make a whole gh game based on metallica but i like different styles of music rather than sticking to one - i know metallica has different styles but i don't know, maybe its just me and a few other people that doesn't like the idea lol

yeah I dont like the idea much either but I still love guitar hero the actual game company.

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 05:52 AM
well we're talking about GH4, but yeah aero and metallica (and as much as i love them) even van halen guitar heroes sound lame

anyways, i got this month's game informer and it has a huge section about guitar hero 4. It's gonna make Rock Band look like [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRD8M2dMS5w&feature=related]Shredmaster Jr.[url]

actually no one was you just decided to derail the topic more with GH4 talk

EpsilonX
06-16-2008, 08:45 PM
actually no one was you just decided to derail the topic more with GH4 talk

*sigh*

I mentioned GH4 and somebody said something and it made me think that they though GH:A and GH: M would have all these mad features, so i had to make sure they weren't confused.

Trunks
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Okay I'm confused now. So many guitar hero's coming out at once. Whats the full name of all of them so I know whats going on.

LiNuX
06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Okay I'm confused now. So many guitar hero's coming out at once. Whats the full name of all of them so I know whats going on.

Aerosmith, Metallica, and GH 4 lol - dont know if i missed any

one for nine inch nails would be good too since they have a ton of albums and songs to go with it but meh...not gonna get it even if they bring it out unless it costs me just $10 or less while its still hot

Trunks
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
is gh4 the one with the drum set? or is that with one of the other s? if you ask me there screwing everything up. They should release one game at a time. I'm a big guitar hero fan but I'm not going to go out and by 180 dollars worth of games.

jakncoke
06-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Aerosmith, Metallica, and GH 4 lol - dont know if i missed any

one for nine inch nails would be good too since they have a ton of albums and songs to go with it but meh...not gonna get it even if they bring it out unless it costs me just $10 or less while its still hot

You missed GH:On Tour for DS.

LiNuX
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
is gh4 the one with the drum set? or is that with one of the other s? if you ask me there screwing everything up. They should release one game at a time. I'm a big guitar hero fan but I'm not going to go out and by 180 dollars worth of games.

yeah its the one with the drum set - it just becomes rockband with that in my opinion

You missed GH:On Tour for DS.

i knew i missed something, thanks

EpsilonX
06-17-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah its the one with the drum set - it just becomes rockband with that in my opinion

i knew i missed something, thanks

Lookit my above post on what GH4 makes Rock Band look like.

badluck
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
i cant WAIT for GH:M.. that sounds sweet.. i hope they make a lotta dif bands to choose from.. i love guitar hero.

Joshuah
07-14-2008, 01:38 AM
ROFL, I love Guitar Hero Games, I only have number 3 :-) I love it but I want Aerosmith, teh band rocks!! And Metalica are awesome so I might get it :-)

Iceskater101
07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
whens guitar hero metallica coming out?

Joshuah
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Yah, whens it coming out and do you have a screenshot of GHM?