PDA

View Full Version : Sacred 2 (360,PC)

jakncoke
06-07-2008, 12:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/ToxicAdam/Sacred2.jpg

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is big. If you were to walk from one end of Ancaria to the other, without stopping to collect gold, talk to villagers, or slay pesky goblins, it would take six hours. There are 22 square miles of forest, desert, tundra, volcano, swamp, and island to explore, and that's not even counting the vast network of underground dungeons inhabited by giant monsters that fill your entire screen. Yes, size is important to publisher CDV, as it looks to create an action role-playing game so massive that it will break free of its PC roots and entice console players to get in on the hack-and-slash action made famous by Diablo.

We had only about an hour with the game, so we didn't have enough time to guide the shadow warrior back to the afterlife, but we do know that the six classes' campaigns will take roughly 25 hours to finish each, and that's without playing the hundreds of extra side quests. We did have enough time, however, to summon a pair of skeletal undead warriors to our side in battle to beat up on lowly goblins.

CDV describes Sacred 2 as being "as close as you can get to an MMO without being an MMO." What that means is that 16 players on the PC or four players on Xbox Live can drop seamlessly into a campaign to play with friends. The enemy AI will automatically increase in difficulty depending on the size of the party, to keep things fair. Because 22 square miles is a lot of ground to cover, you can click on a friend's icon and warp to his or her location immediately. There's also a player-versus-player arena and a player-versus-environment mode, and all statistics earned there will carry over to your character in the campaign, and vice versa.

sounds like a winner, although it's going to be like Oblivion in terms of game hours and that's kinda sucky cause I didn't finish Oblivion cause it was so long. But awesome on map size..6 hours to walk the distance...:eek1:...you better be able to port from location to location.

--------------------
tks ToxicAdam from t3h gaf
--------------------

Temple Guardian (Tech Warrior)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/gogoblender/gogoblender2/TempleGuardian11.jpg

An archaic cyborg, half living creature and half machine, the Temple Guardian is gifted with the ability to modify his mechanically enhanced arm to adapt to tactical situations. He is very dangerous in close combat, but has also mastered technological weapons. Due to the nature of his origin, he can also manipulate the powerful T-Energy and use it to influence his environment.

The Inquisitor (Necro/Dark)

He is a very dark figure, always clothed in robes. The soul of the Inquisitor is as dark as the magic he uses, and his methods in hand-to-hand combat are just as twisted. He represents the Seraphim's polar opposite and is rooted firmly on the path of Shadow.

Dryad (Ranger)

She is an adept of ranged combat. She has also mastered the magic of nature, and even practices dark voodoo, which she can use to collect shrunken heads from her enemies!

High Elf (Sorceress)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/ToxicAdam/highelf.jpg

A classic sorceress, she is well-versed in three powerful magic disciplines. Some of her spells can be cast with no more than a simple mouse movement! In addition, the High Elf's magic can be used in conjunction with her hand-to-hand combat, making her an able fighter.

Shadow Warrior (Fighter)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/gogoblender/gogoblender2/shadowwarriorlight.jpg

As a champion of all forms of combat, the Shadow Warrior is proficient in hand-to-hand battles and has mastered powerful armed techniques. Having come into contact with the underworld in the past, he can also call upon fallen comrades to assist him.

Seraphim (Holy Warrior)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Enemies/seraphim2.jpg

The Seraphim is a fast, elegant and acrobatic warrior from a mystical, technological background. She fights with light to medium weapons and, if required, with massive technological support. The Seraphim were once chosen by the Gods to protect Ancaria from danger and disaster.

--- ---

Aside from the two specific classes (Seraphim and The Inquisitor) 4 of the classes can choose a "dark" or "light" path .. which will open up different abilities and quests for your character. There is some overlapping, but with the different amount of skillsets .. there is far more variety of playstyles within just the 6 classes.

younging94
06-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Awesomee, ill def. picking this up for my next pc.

This just might be the next game i get after Merc. 2

rebaned
06-07-2008, 03:27 AM
OMG!
This game looks cool 0.0 .
I like beastz!

rukisuto
06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Hm, I've never been into fantasy games much.
I think I'll give this a go though, it looks really good.

Iceskater101
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
interesting.. I might rent it..

Shixx
06-13-2008, 12:39 AM
Yum..That's all I can say..

Jjjet1
06-16-2008, 02:02 AM
i think i might go buy this for both the pc and console because well.. let's face it.. it'll be kick ass.

RaiDae
08-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the necro, But i'm thinking about getting this. but can't decide if i want it for the ps3 or the pc. It's more expensive on the ps3, so quite tepmted to get it for the ps3. Is it better on one of them? or should i just go for the cheaper option?

Trunks
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Kinda reminds of Diablo 2 a little. If I had the time, I might have got it if it was online. Offline RPG's are not that great, unless they have an amazing story.

RaiDae
08-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Kinda reminds of Diablo 2 a little. If I had the time, I might have got it if it was online. Offline RPG's are not that great, unless they have an amazing story.

Actually, it is partially online.

Multiplayer mode features "hot-swapping" capabilities, which allows players to leave their single player campaign, join a friend's game in multiplayer, then return to their single player campaign at the point they left off while retaining any levels and items that they received while in their friend's multiplayer game.

All platforms will allow a variety of game modes, with five distinct multiplayer modes, with the maximum number of players varying based on the platform and game type:

* Microsoft Windows: Maximum of 16 players per game for PvP or free play, and 5 players (PvE - Players Versus Environment) for the Campaign Co-Op Mode.
* PlayStation 3: Maximum of 4 players via PlayStation Network, or 2 offline.
* Xbox 360: Maximum of 4 players via Xbox Live, or 2 offline.
From Wikipedia. :)
So it's not a mmorpg, but it's about as close as you can get