PDA

View Full Version : 25 minutes until MGS4

EpsilonX
06-11-2008, 10:36 PM
in 25 minutes, the best day in gaming history is coming.

It's also my last day of school =D

Is anyone else as excited as i am? (i am incredibly freakin excited, yo.)

LiNuX
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
oh right june 12th lol, completely forgot, should be a huge release since many people have been anticipating it for a while now

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 01:36 AM
best day in gaming history? I think not, but it's going to be big and the majority if PS3 owners better buy or there made of failz again. If it it doesn't debut @ #1 in the EU country's, do at least top 10 all time in Japan(for PS3 sales which would be at least 136k), sell at least 500k in June NPD+ when the ltd is released months from now it better be in the top 3 for PS3 games(which would be around 2.50 million+ or something or that..I don't really know what's in the top 3.. I know Motorstorm is #1 with 3 million+ because it was bundled, RFOM was @ 2 million a long time ago, COD4 has to be around 2 million, GTA4 should be nearing 2 right about now..so yeah PS3 owners buy it...and pick up GRID on the way out if you haven't already and support a great game and good dev)

Samus-Fan
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I would be really happy, but I don't have a PS3. Eh, I'll just wait a couple months for the 360 version. And Yes, Konami WILL make a 360 version. They have a lot of games on the 360, so why not MGS4?

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I would be really happy, but I don't have a PS3. Eh, I'll just wait a couple months for the 360 version. And Yes, Konami WILL make a 360 version. They have a lot of games on the 360, so why not MGS4?

Because Sony paid Konami for an exclusive contract, your best bet is too wait over a year and hope it gets a port like Bioshock did.

Samus-Fan
06-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Because Sony paid Konami for an exclusive contract, your best bet is too wait over a year and hope it gets a port like Bioshock did.

Lol, I laugh at that. It will NOT be over a year. Most likely 4-6 months.

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM

No it won't..care to take a bet seeing your so sure of yourself?

LiNuX
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM

lol, the game will still be selling for the ps3 in 4-6 months so i doubt it'll be over that soon

i dont have a ps3 either so i wasn't overly excited but people around me were

Kujo
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM

Samus.... do you understand how these sales work??? Just because Konami MADE the game.. doesn't mean they will just sell it on any old system. SONY has a MAJOR contract for MGS games and Konami, by LAW can NOT break that contract and release the game for the 360 or the Wii. The only chance you or I have of seeing MGS on the 360 is if Microsoft throws an ASSHEAP of cash towards Konami. And that won't happen because they don't need MGS. Microsoft will ride on Gears2 for the forseeable future. If you're sooo naive as to think that you can wait for a 360 version of MGS4.... send me your address and I will send you a check for $10,000 (yes.. i do have that kind of cash) the day they release it.

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I get to watch Snake smoke as I wait for 4.6 gig install how awesome [/sarcasm]

Kujo
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
hahaha! Thats one thing i'll never understand about the PS3... the whole install the games thing. Its a console FFS... if i wanted to deal with installs... use a PC!

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
installs are a double sided sword for sure...on the bad half you have to wait between 5-20 depending on which game it is too play, on the good load time are pretty much non-existent.

Iceskater101
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
wait..... so for the ps3 you have to install the games on the system? and it takes a long time that would suck. But on the other hand it would be cool to have a ps3 because cant you go on the internet with it because at some store I saw they were selling playstation 3 keyboards.

jakncoke
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
wait..... so for the ps3 you have to install the games on the system? and it takes a long time that would suck. But on the other hand it would be cool to have a ps3 because cant you go on the internet with it because at some store I saw they were selling playstation 3 keyboards.

You don't install them on the system, you'd run out of space so fast and dang seeing MGS4 is on a 50 gb blu-ray my HD would have been over filled...anyways you install like a cache and it's reduces load times further

EpsilonX
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM

Kojima said himself that the game is unable to run on any other system. Plus, it would be a 7+ disk set. Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear series, has been doing a lot to make sure it's PS3-only

jakncoke
06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I still don't know why your under the belief the 360 couldn't run MGS4...cause it defiantly could.

EpsilonX
06-13-2008, 09:53 AM
I still don't know why your under the belief the 360 couldn't run MGS4...cause it defiantly could.

Maybe because i watched an interview with Kojima and he said it wouldn't...

jakncoke
06-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Maybe because i watched an interview with Kojima and he said it wouldn't...

PR fluff dude. Of course he's not going to come out and say o ya it defiantly can run of the 360. don't be so naive.

anyways....

listening to the music on the Ipod and being able to buy a playboy has been rather interesting...I wonder if Playboy/Apple paid them or Konami paid/got persmission, in the podcast it seems like the latter occured.

Kujo
06-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Ok Jack.. u just gave me a reason to buy a PS3 and MGS4.

Oh yea...

STOP THINKING THE MGS WILL EVER BE RELEASED ON THE 360!! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN... EVER EVER EVER... AND YES, THE 360 COULD RUN IT... BUT IT WILL JUST NEVER HAPPEN SO DROP IT!!!

Agreeing with jack throughout this whole post is giving me a reason for concern. I think i need a trip to the clinic

Iceskater101
06-13-2008, 05:28 PM
yeah it wont happen because its a ps3 exclusive.

Samus-Fan
06-13-2008, 06:50 PM
yeah it wont happen because its a ps3 exclusive.

So was Halo 2. I see it on the computer, though.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1100262092-00.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/edubuccaneer/halo2_cover.jpg

Iceskater101
06-13-2008, 10:45 PM
wait halo 2 was a playstation exclusive????? wow I didnt know that.

jakncoke
06-14-2008, 02:17 AM

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1100262092-00.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/edubuccaneer/halo2_cover.jpg
Yes, but you do know Microsoft also did that to maximize sales because of there monopoly on Windows and the fact there basically getting double royalty, 1 for it being a Windows game and 2: still being a published....it'd been actually different if it were released on a competing platform such as Gamecube or PS2

wait halo 2 was a playstation exclusive????? wow I didnt know that.

Nope Halo 2 was and never will be released on

Ok Jack.. u just gave me a reason to buy a PS3 and MGS4.

Oh yea...

STOP THINKING THE MGS WILL EVER BE RELEASED ON THE 360!! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN... EVER EVER EVER... AND YES, THE 360 COULD RUN IT... BUT IT WILL JUST NEVER HAPPEN SO DROP IT!!!

Agreeing with jack throughout this whole post is giving me a reason for concern. I think i need a trip to the clinic

ya It's bunch MGS music and at least 1 podcast and after listening to that podcast it seems there might be more in-game podcasts in the future, there's this one 80's game music song that's really incredible, I hope you can add custom music to it as well because playing Welcome to the Jungle or some other epic song as I sneak around killing ppl would be epic beyond all belief, as for the playboy I found today..you can't actually see naked chicks but the cool thing is you can drop it and distract soldiers and it's cheap too only 200 drebin points(drebin is a arms dealer and when you find extra guns/ammo it's auto sold to him for dp..aka drebin points and you buy ammo and new guns with them

rukisuto
06-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes, but you do know Microsoft also did that to maximize sales because of there monopoly on Windows and the fact there basically getting double royalty, 1 for it being a Windows game and 2: still being a published....it'd been actually different if it were released on a competing platform such as Gamecube or PS2

Because Halo is an exclusive with Microsoft, not Xbox alone.
And since Microsoft makes Xbox and PC, it's for both :]

I'm not sure if that's what you were saying in your post or not, lol.

jakncoke
06-14-2008, 07:15 AM
lol @ stating the same thing I said but In a different way

Kujo
06-14-2008, 12:17 PM

Lets see.... XBOX = a MICROSOFT product. Games for WINDOWS = WINDOWS = owned by MICROSOFT.

Do you see where I am going with this. SAME company. Playstation = SONY = NOT Microsoft = WILL NEVER GET HALO = XBOX WILL NEVER GET MGS!

OMG you make my head hurt!!

Karzhani
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I dunno, Jakncoke, Kujo. I think that Kinomi WILL release Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360. Mainly because, everyone wants money, right?

LiNuX
06-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I dunno, Jakncoke, Kujo. I think that Kinomi WILL release Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360. Mainly because, everyone wants money, right?

yeah they all want money but they can't get out of contracts that easily, not unless they want to lose more money than they want to profit

younging94
06-14-2008, 11:16 PM
MGS sucks!

woohoo, i just totally ruined whatever you guys were talking about because i dont know cause i stopped reading after a few messages because it all seemed stupid and i really didnt care woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

MGS still sucks MY BAWLS though

jakncoke
06-15-2008, 04:21 AM

Sony defiantly paid so I think Konami is happy, now if MGS4 doesn't sell up to par with the dev budget I'm sure they'll reconsider(rumors are budget is around 70 million..aka making it a top 5 costing game if true)

MGS sucks!

woohoo, i just totally ruined whatever you guys were talking about because i dont know cause i stopped reading after a few messages because it all seemed stupid and i really didnt care woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

then why post in this thread?

EpsilonX
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
MGS sucks!

I'm gonna create a hit list just to put you on it.

younging94
06-16-2008, 11:49 PM
then why post in this thread?

i just wanted to annoy someone :mask:

jakncoke
06-17-2008, 09:24 AM
i just wanted to annoy someone :mask:

your lucky I wasn't a mod because that's clearly a trolling infraction on every other site on the internetz.