rukisuto
06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.gamerflicks.com/images/uploads/jumper_poster.jpg

Starring: Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell
Directed By: Doug Liman
Released By: Fox
Theatrical Release Date: 02/14/2008

Synopsis:
Jumper concerns David, a young man who quite literally wills himself away from his grim family life by teleporting to another place with the power of his mind. Years later, David is using his powers to raid bank vaults, seduce girls in London, lunch on the pyramids, and surf in Fiji. But he soon discovers that he is not the only one bestowed with this unique gift, and all is not well in the world of jumpers. There are people out there, such as Roland, who view jumpers as a threat to all humankind, and have made it their mission in life to eliminate them. After jumping back to Michigan to get reacquainted with his long lost love, Millie, David makes the acquaintance of experienced jumper Griffin. Informed by Griffin of a secret between jumpers and a shadowy group that seeks to destroy them, the pair soon finds themselves facing off against a legion of murderous opponents who won't stop fighting until every last jumper has been eliminated.

[from MovieFone.com (http://moviephone.com)]

Review:
I meant to see this is theaters, but I was completely busy over the winter. I'm glad I rented this on DVD though, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The whole concept of the movie was pretty unique in itself, and the cast of the movie did a good job making the whole concept come to life. The effects were done really well and the camera angles contributed to the wellness of the movie. It would have been more helpful to have more information on Jumpers, how they came to be, and the group that they are rivaling against. Overall, I found it to be an ejoyable action movie where the guy tries to win over his childhood sweetheart. It's a good rent.

Critics Rating: 4/10
My Rating: 7/10

LiNuX
06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
i saw this in theaters, it was alright, good action and great special and graphic effects - it reminded me of Nightcrawler from X-Men lol

good review

rukisuto
06-14-2008, 06:47 PM
i saw this in theaters, it was alright, good action and great special and graphic effects - it reminded me of Nightcrawler from X-Men lol

good review

Yeah.
I have yet to see a movie that wows me.
The movies this year have been duds.

Except Iron Man, lol. :]

wifi
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
i saw the movie, liked it and thought it was average

Trunks
06-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I though it was a good movie. I never got bored watching it so it suspenseful.