PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the PS3 rpg's?

EpsilonX
06-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I remember last gen and the gen before, playstation had all the RPG's and xbox had almost none. Now 360 is getting all of them? Will PS3 get any good turn-based RPG's? And don't say white knight story because that looks as dumb as they come

LiNuX
06-16-2008, 09:01 PM
there aren't any rpgs for ps3 right now? i dont have a ps3 so i haven't been following out on what's coming out and what isn't lol

Trunks
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
When they make FF 13 whenever that comes out it will be fore the ps3. Last Remnant is coming out this year, not 100% sure for ps3 yet. Just all rumors about it right now. I don't own one either so I'm so sure either.

EpsilonX
06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
there aren't any rpgs for ps3 right now? i dont have a ps3 so i haven't been following out on what's coming out and what isn't lol

There's Enchanted Arms, and Oblivion but that's not my kind of RPG...

jakncoke
06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I remember last gen and the gen before, playstation had all the RPG's and xbox had almost none. Now 360 is getting all of them? Will PS3 get any good turn-based RPG's? And don't say white knight story because that looks as dumb as they come
You fail hard

there's just a lack of them right now. ppl just got to realize the PS3 isn't the PS2/PS1 in the RPG department. 360 is where most the RPG's are at these days because Microsoft made that there agenda this gen and Sony seems to think they'll just automatically make RPG's for the PS3.

As for PS3 RPG's that are known to be coming stateside in the

Disgaea 3 at the end of summer
White Knight Story does look gud u failz whiner
FF13 will come within the decade
FF13 VS. within the century
Fallout 3 = fall
Valkyria Chronicles=winter

Pretty much covers the rest of the base for near future until more announcements are made.

EpsilonX
06-16-2008, 09:22 PM
You fail hard

there's just a lack of them right now. ppl just got to realize the PS3 isn't the PS2/PS1 in the RPG department. 360 is where most the RPG's are at these days because Microsoft made that there agenda this gen and Sony seems to think they'll just automatically make RPG's for the PS3.

As for PS3 RPG's that are known to be coming stateside in the

Disgaea 3 at the end of summer
White Knight Story does look gud u failz whiner
FF13 will come within the decade
FF13 VS. within the century
Fallout 3 = fall
Valkyria Chronicles=winter

Pretty much covers the rest of the base for near future until more announcements are made.

White Knight Story is about a dude who can change into a ginormous medieval knight. Disgaea 3 is a definite buy for me, so long as I don't need the other games to understand it. Both FF13 games shall be bought by me. What's Valkyria Chronicles?

Maybe I'll just stick to ps1 and ps2 rpg's...

howabout for 360. What rpgs are there?

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata (coming to ps3)
Enchanted Arms (on ps3)
Mass Effect

Upcoming
Star Ocean 4

I might have to get me a 360. Just for RPG's. Even though I hate the console.

jakncoke
06-16-2008, 09:29 PM
White Knight Story is about a dude who can change into a ginormous medieval knight. Disgaea 3 is a definite buy for me, so long as I don't need the other games to understand it. Both FF13 games shall be bought by me. What's Valkyria Chronicles(a good rpg..duh :p)?

Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles Playstation 3 - Valkyria Chronicles PS3 Game (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/senjounovalkyria/index.html)

Maybe I'll just stick to ps1 and ps2 rpg's...(until the PS3 ones comes out..you'll take ages to finish them..lol)

howabout for 360. What rpgs are there?

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata (coming to ps3)(most likely not getting released in the USA)
Enchanted Arms (on ps3)
Mass Effect

Upcoming
Star Ocean 4(probably coming to the PS3 as well)

I might have to get me a 360. Just for RPG's. Even though I hate the console (this is probably the most logic you've posted in awhile).

Fable 2(although screenies look meh)
Blue Dragon 2 will be on it's way
Sacred 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Cry On

EpsilonX
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Fable 2(although screenies look meh)
Blue Dragon 2 will be on it's way
Sacred 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Cry On

Well, an rpg to me is turn-based...or something. That would rule out Fable and Sacred.

Anyways, I found this list.

SCRAWL: Where are all my PLAYSTATION 3 RPGs? (http://scrawlfx.com/2008/05/where-are-all-my-playstation-3-rpgs)

Looks like 2009 is gonna be a good year for the PS3 RPG gamer, though most of those games will probably be delayed.

And how come Eternal Sonata probably won't come out in america on ps3?

You seem to hate me don't you Jakncoke.

jakncoke
06-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, an rpg to me is turn-based...or something. That would rule out Fable and Sacred.

Anyways, I found this list.

SCRAWL: Where are all my PLAYSTATION 3 RPGs? (http://scrawlfx.com/2008/05/where-are-all-my-playstation-3-rpgs)

Looks like 2009 is gonna be a good year for the PS3 RPG gamer, though most of those games will probably be delayed.

And how come Eternal Sonata probably won't come out in america on ps3?

You seem to hate me don't you Jakncoke.

Nahh you just annoy me sometimes. As for ES not making the states that's what I've read. Hell there hasn't been anything spoken about it in ages..hell might just been canned not like ppl buy games for PS3 anyways,probably would lose money porting it over...another rpg that hasn't gotten any word for the ever...Two Worlds, that's a good thing though seeing it's a buggy poor mans Oblivion.

EpsilonX
06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Nahh you just annoy me sometimes. As for ES not making the states that's what I've read. Hell there hasn't been anything spoken about it in ages..hell might just been canned not like ppl buy games for PS3 anyways,probably would lose money porting it over...another rpg that hasn't gotten any word for the ever...Two Worlds, that's a good thing though seeing it's a buggy poor mans Oblivion.

I think...it's a good thing that Two Worlds isn't coming to PS3. I heard that game blows hard.

Personally, I think Sony needs to make a Legend of Dragoon 2. :-D

that would be the best day ever.

jakncoke
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
If Sony were smart they'd pay SE to remake FF7. That game sold nearly 10 million back in the day and the Japanese would jump on it like white on rice.

EpsilonX
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
If Sony were smart they'd pay SE to remake FF7. That game sold nearly 10 million back in the day and the Japanese would jump on it like white on rice.

I think that all the DS remakes of FF games are leading up to a secret remake of FF7.