PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia

Twigz
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Wikipedia is a very useful online encyclopedia that has almost 2 million English articles and plenty more in 6 different languages...so you'll be sure to find what you're looking for. Visit www.wikipedia.org (http://www.wikipedia.org).

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
yea its great for information :) i've usd it a few times for infomation for projects/reports etc, thanks for link

Drake14
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
yea but ANYONE can add or edit ANYTHING. so you don't know if the info your reading is true or not.

Twigz
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
This is true...so you must rely on what you know and sometimes be willing to accept what you don't know...

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
i know a lot, i only use outside sources to be really sure, i know i used it once for a legal brief in law class last year, forgot case name but i needed some info, turned out to be true lol

aosmallan
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Wiki additions/amendments can be rejected if unsupported or wrong.

I used to be a skeptic of Wikipedia, but all it takes is a gander to the bottom of the page where the author/authors list all of the sources for the information. If the sources are credible, as in not cited from a further, solely speculatory, source, then it is as legitimate as the source. Just read through the sources at the bottom.

But beware, just because someone else put it together, doesn't mean you can freely copy anything out of Wikipedia without fighting some plaigarism battles.