PDA

View Full Version : Little Big Planet

jakncoke
06-20-2008, 08:53 PM
While speaking to PS3 Fanboy, Media Molecule's founder Mark Healey explained that, surprisingly, the game would have a story mode. "For people that don't want to be creative, there's a whole game there that you can play through, basically," Healey said. "They are strung together in the form of a story. A very loose story, but incredibly funny at certain points." The story mode will consist of more than 50 different levels.

LBP will also make use of the PlayStation Eye camera, allowing players to put their face—or any other object or body part—into the levels they create. Additionally, the game's much-touted level editor will allow gamers to create adult-themed levels, though it will have much tighter restrictions then say, the Spore Creature Creator, where creatures based on a certain, distinctive part of the male anatomy are becoming popular.

"I can tell you that you can make private levels," Healey explained. "You can publish a level and make it locked and give away keys to friends. But, I personally wouldn't put risky content in there. We have a post-grievance system. The way that works is... pretty much at any point in the game, you can press a button and effectively take a screenshot. That screenshot knows lots of information [about] where that screenshot came from, what players were there, etc. You can send that screenshot to the powers that be... If you want to make a private level, give keys to people you trust." So it looks like the penis monster will be a rare beast in LBP.

Cool, I wasn't expecting them to have a storyline, also looks like I need to buy a PS EYE for this game as well.

EpsilonX
06-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Y'know at first, this game seemed dumb to me

But the more I read about it the more I want it.

I want to make a level where it has my face and hands look like it's gonna grab the players on the level. Haha that'd be a scary level.