PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Gaming Hardware

LiNuX
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Nintendo has brought out a lot of consoles and handhelds over the year and I wanted to see which ones you guys have or had in the past.

These are the ones I remember:

NES
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Game Boy
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Gamecube
Wii
Virtual Boy

can't put them all in a poll because I know I missed a few like the game boy light - not sure if it was this or if im thinking of something else

I used to be a nintendo fan before i got my sega genesis

i had a Super Nintendo - dont remember what happened - i still have a big fat Yellow Game Boy and a Green Game Boy Color - i've played every other console and handheld i mentioned but never bought them

Twigz
06-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Me and my brother together have owned all of the above at one time or another--in fact, I think if I look hard enough, I can find my old Game Boy Pocket/Color; I still have my Advance.

LiNuX
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Me and my brother together have owned all of the above at one time or another--in fact, I think if I look hard enough, I can find my old Game Boy Pocket/Color; I still have my Advance.

did u own any i didnt' mention? cuz i think i missed 1 or 2 lol, dont remember

i went from Super nintendo to Sega Genesis and then to PS1 and didn't leave sony after that

Twigz
06-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I did have Genesis and Dreamcast and of course PS2 and currently PSP, but I thought you were referring to just Nintendo-based hardware. And my uncle had a Wii last year, but he sold it because it was too much of a "workout", or so he claimed. lol

LiNuX
06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
yea i am talking about just nintendo - i was saying i think i missed a console or handheld from the nintendo list lol

and i was explaining why the Super Nintendo was my last bought nintendo console and GBC my last bought Nintendo handheld

Trunks
06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
You have everything but the virtual boy listed.

I have had everything on that list at one point, but the Nintendo 64 and game Cube. All I have with my right now is Gameboy advance and Nintendo DS. I plan on buying a Nintnedo NES and Super Nintnedo in the near future. I just have to find a working one. I picked up a Super Nintendo for 35 dollars. The AV cords didn't work on it so I took it back.

rukisuto
06-21-2008, 11:26 PM
3, 5, 6, 7 and 10.
I wish I had had a Super Nintendo.
I loved that system :]

LiNuX
06-22-2008, 12:15 AM
You have everything but the virtual boy listed.

I have had everything on that list at one point, but the Nintendo 64 and game Cube. All I have with my right now is Gameboy advance and Nintendo DS. I plan on buying a Nintnedo NES and Super Nintnedo in the near future. I just have to find a working one. I picked up a Super Nintendo for 35 dollars. The AV cords didn't work on it so I took it back.

i knew i was forgetting something lol - +rep for the post :)

3, 5, 6, 7 and 10.
I wish I had had a Super Nintendo.
I loved that system :]

i used to play that mario game on it all day, forgot what the name was but it was a 2 player game, used to play it with friends and neighbors

rukisuto
06-22-2008, 10:08 AM
i used to play that mario game on it all day, forgot what the name was but it was a 2 player game, used to play it with friends and neighbors

That was a good game :]
I also liked this other game that had to do with clay animals.
I forgot what it was, lol.

jakncoke
06-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Nintendo has brought out a lot of consoles and handhelds over the year and I wanted to see which ones you guys have or had in the past.

These are the ones I remember:

NES(owned it, finally broke on me like 6 months ago...If I ever get money and find one reasonably priced..tis mine again)
Super Nintendo(pretty much best console of all time..although I may give that nod to PS2 atm...I currently have like 4 that just need cords..<3 dumb ppl selling them at yardsales for like 5 bucks)
Nintendo 64(owned it for a bit didn't really have any of the great game it was alright for what I needed it for...a bedroom console..I'm sure if I was older and had more money I wouldn't of sold it..I really like the controller)
Game Boy(never owned but did play my aunts before)
Game Boy Pocket(never owned played a friends)
Game Boy Color(bought used with 1 game never even cared to play)
Game Boy Advance(bought a used never cared to play)
Game Boy Advance SP(never owned)
Nintendo DS(will never own)
Gamecube(will never own)
Wii(might own by the end of this gen..want to get a 360 first)
Virtual Boy(lol, why would I want a headache+ this sold so poorly when it was out I'm sure it's really limited which probably caused the market prices to inflate..but then again you actually need a demand for that to happen)

can't put them all in a poll because I know I missed a few like the game boy light - not sure if it was this or if im thinking of something else

I used to be a nintendo fan before i got my sega genesis

i had a Super Nintendo - dont remember what happened - i still have a big fat Yellow Game Boy and a Green Game Boy Color - i've played every other console and handheld i mentioned but never bought them

Here is my opinion on which I owned and thoughts on others

rukisuto
06-22-2008, 12:58 PM
What the heck is a Virtual Boy? lol.

Trunks
06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
What the heck is a Virtual Boy? lol.

It's a virtual reality game system. It came out as a filler in between when the super Nintendo was made and the Nintendo 64. It never really got anywhere and there's only a few games for it (there's like 14). You look through this eye piece and it makes everything 3-D. It had great technology it just never got anywhere.

rukisuto
06-22-2008, 01:04 PM
It's a virtual reality game system. It came out as a filler in between when the super Nintendo was made and the Nintendo 64. It never really got anywhere and there's only a few games for it (there's like 14). You look through this eye piece and it makes everything 3-D. It had great technology it just never got anywhere.

I don't think the name Virtual Boy even caught anyone's attention.
I've never heard of it before.

You're right, it's great technology.

jakncoke
06-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I disagree.

http://www.icarusgames.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/mario-tennis-virtual-boy.219150510_std.jpg

Even by back then standards thats tripe..talk about eye/head aches waiting to happen

Trunks
06-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I disagree.

http://www.icarusgames.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/mario-tennis-virtual-boy.219150510_std.jpg

Even by back then standards thats tripe..talk about eye/head aches waiting to happen

I don't think you can get the 3-D effect with pictures. How would you know if it had good technology or if it was fun to play. If you have ever played one you would know that the 3-D effects are pretty good on it.

LiNuX
06-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't think the name Virtual Boy even caught anyone's attention.
I've never heard of it before.

You're right, it's great technology.

yeah i've heard of it and even played it before - not the best but back then it was good for a few days lol

never had it though, i think it was my cousin that had it

jakncoke
06-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't think you can get the 3-D effect with pictures. How would you know if it had good technology or if it was fun to play. If you have ever played one you would know that the 3-D effects are pretty good on it.

If it was fun to play it would be praised, but it is only hated. Seems your the only one that likes/liked it.

Trunks
06-22-2008, 01:39 PM
If it was fun to play it would be praised, but it is only hated. Seems your the only one that likes/liked it.

Linux just said that it was okay. Also I never said I liked it. I said that it had good 3-D effects. You can't go by what a few people say. If a few people say the ps3 is bad, doesn't mean that it is.

jakncoke
06-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Linux just said that it was okay. Also I never said I liked it. I said that it had good 3-D effects. You can't go by what a few people say. If a few people say the ps3 is bad, doesn't mean that it is.

I've been on countless forums and hundreds have stated this...if it was worth a damn it would of sold at least 1 million. But whatevs different strokes for different folks

Trunks
06-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been on countless forums and hundreds have stated this...if it was worth a damn it would of sold at least 1 million. But whatevs different strokes for different folks

You keep completely avoiding my main statement. I never said it was good. I never said I liked it. I said that it had good technology for its time. You seem to just like to argue with everyone. So you simply ignore the fact and post something completely pointless.

LiNuX
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
nintendo just experimented with the virtual boy and they failed with it and it had very few fans because even though the technology was "good" for its time, other gaming consoles and handhelds surpassed it greatly

but i dont know too much or remember too much about the VB to make an even more valid argument with that lol

we are all wrong and right!

Nerdy Knight
06-22-2008, 06:46 PM
My first console was a SNES. That was and still is one of my most favorite consoles. I still have it, in fact. I also have a N64 (love it), a Gamecube (it's pretty cool I suppose), and a Nintendo DS (love it). I used to have a GameBoy Advance and an SP, but I got rid of those once I got a DS. Bad mistake, considering you can't play old GB or GBC games on the DS. I'm trying VERY HARD to get a Wii right now, but it hasn't come quite yet. I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of this year. Wish me luck, guys!

EpsilonX
06-22-2008, 07:34 PM
What about Game Boy Micro? even though it sucked.

LiNuX
06-22-2008, 07:35 PM
What about Game Boy Micro? even though it sucked.

there was a game boy micro? doesn't even ring a bell lol - i am thinking of ipod micro or was that ipod mini

Twigz
06-23-2008, 05:53 AM
there was a game boy micro? doesn't even ring a bell lol - i am thinking of ipod micro or was that ipod mini

I remember Game Boy Micro, but you probably might not because it was only on the shelf for a short amount of time; it was like a GBA but smaller. Much smaller.

EpsilonX
06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Gameboy Micro

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8302965874342631.JPG?0.2350195647622022

LiNuX
06-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Gameboy Micro

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8302965874342631.JPG?0.2350195647622022

that's...small lol - never seen one and i dont remember it

Twigz
06-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Like I said, it was a limited time in stores, and I don't know how people played like that; their heads/necks must have hurt after looking down at that tiny screen for long amounts of time.

wifi
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
i have the nintendo 64 somewhere still and also a gameboy color and gba advance :-P

alpha
07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
my brother has some old nintendo consoles, I have the DS lite. Will be getting a wii soon aswell!

Samus-Fan
07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I has a NES, SNES (Favorite Console A), N64 (Favorite Console B), Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Pocket, and a gameboy advance.

All of it works, too!

Kujo
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I have the NES, SNES, N64 all on my computer via roms/emulators. And I play my DS whenever I remember to charge it. Portable gaming system = life saver when deployed. I play tetris for hours on end while listening to my iPod.

KittyCat72
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I have an N64 and Wii. I used to have a Gamecube but it broke. My brother and I found an SNES at my dad's work and kept it but we don't have any games. I believe we bought a Gameboy Advanced as well for like $7.69. :P

Eric
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Ive had a lot of different ones over the years, half of which are now missing haha