PDA

View Full Version : GFX1 Alone

nigec
01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
This is concept art from a game i may make in the future called Chain...
the story goes....
girls/women are going missing after reading chain mail and what seems to be supernatural forces behind it, the picture is from the final scene
http://myspace-308.vo.llnwd.net/01321/80/39/1321869308_l.jpg

the picture was done with Poser4 amd Truespace
she wasn't ment to be nude but at the time my video couldn't couldn't handle rendering clothed poser models! :-[

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
wow thats pretty cool, i never used poser or truespace, how are they? and u cant really tell that she's nude lol, really dark lol

nigec
01-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Truespace is great and a lot easier to use compared with 3D studio Max etc
i use Truespace 3.2, which is as old as the ark, but its FREE from the Caligari website
Poser 4 which she was done in had really bad manuals and difficult to learn, the new version are better but a lot more system intensive
DAZ is quite good for static poses and also free
i desperately need to buy a better computer, then things will get a lot more interesting lol

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 07:47 PM
game making softwares lol, i was starting to use Maya, but its really hard and time consuming lol, was working on a mideval game, only made a castle, not even right i might add, the walkways go right into the brick building lol, i didnt bother with it, i may try poser if i have time later on, maya is basically for the items for games for those who dont know what it is :) good for making characters and buildings and rocks

nigec
01-16-2007, 07:47 PM
truespace was the first 3D software i ever used and i'm just to lazy to try anything else! even the newer truespace's it just seems a lot of hard work to get similar effects
theres only so far you can go with 3D in a 2D environment, you kinda need to tone it down as characters are hard to reproduce once the detail gets complicated
i had about a year messing with 3D game studio, but it was to much like hard work to animate characters, Poser model don't work very well as they are to complicated
i use the LASSIE game engine, which makes flash based adventure games
http://www.gmacwill.com/lassie/lower.php?section=news&page=index
very easy to use and only need basic flash knowledge, to create animated characters etc