PDA

View Full Version : wow movie

eranikusnxt
06-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I was hearing about a wow movie about 6 months ago, and all im wondering is if there realy be one. And if so, I would like all the info I can get.

Trunks
06-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Today at BlizzCon 2007 we have heard our first solid and interesting information with regards to the Warcraft, or to some, the World of Warcraft Movie. This movie will be big, huge, EPIC even - in fact, Thomas Tull (producer of 300) stated a budget of over $100m would be committed, with a projected 2009 release date. Legendary Pictures are 100% committed to this project, it shall be a “tent-pole”, something to stand next to and say “we did that!” - whilst remaining true to the game and fan base.

The plot for the film will take place approximately a year before the start of World of Warcraft, including races you have played and lands you have wandered in, where lots of plot arcs are melded into a two and a half hour story. The film itself will revolve around a ‘badass’ new hero, with a theme towards conflict and culture - being a War Movie rather than a quest movie, from an Alliance’s perspective.

“It’s actually not like the great adventure. It’s not so much a quest movie. It’s more of a war movie. Well, okay, it’s absolutely a war movie. Cultures grinding up to a horrible moment where it just all spills over and gets out of control. Less of an adventure party quest-type situation. More of an armies building to an inevitable conclusion type situation.”

And w.r.t to the Alliance:

“While my heart lies with the Horde and Thrall’s an interesting character, from a movie making standpoint, a blockbuster movie its a little rough to try and tell it from the perspective of this green looking dude.”

No director or cast have yet been assigned to the project and Tull stated that recognizable actors to play main roles was not a necessity:

“We are starting those conversations. We’re going to be looking for someone of Zak Snyder (300) or Chris Nolan (The Dark Knight, Batman Beings) calibre,”

The not so good news - seems they are aiming for PG-13 content which claims to be a compromise. I personally miss the days of old when action heroes swore blindly.

“I can tell you that this is the one thing about running a studio and making these things that’s hard. You want to not compromise and have the right level of intensity. The story and the director’s vision is what’s ultimately going to dictate that. Personally one of my favorite movies of all time is Lord of the Rings, which has a PG-13 rating.”

The film is still in its scripting process, but Tull stated that they are currently working with something that they are very happy with.

2009 seems to short of a time for me. There is not even a director yet.

LiNuX
06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow a WoW movie, sounds interesting, dont know of any other MMORPGs that were made into movies

Kujo
06-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Personally, I would have gone with a full length CGI instead of RL actors. But thats just me.

GF Eric
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Well thats awesome. A WoW movie. I say it will be booty. But thats just me.

rukisuto
06-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Ew.
I don't think this will be on my list, lol.
Videogame-movies can never live up to their potential.

conman1000
06-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow, I don't think this will work out nicely.

Eric
06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I can just picture clans getting together to watch this haha :p

glenofimaal
06-25-2008, 04:24 PM
if they do make a WoW movie i won't go to see it

Trunks
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I'll will probably go watch, because I use to be a hardcore WoW fan.

glenofimaal
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll will probably go watch, because I use to be a hardcore WoW fan.

i'm not a big fan of it so that's why i'm not going to see it

Kujo
06-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I will watch it... because I am a wow addict... well, was... but I have very low expectations for this. Like I said, going with RL actors instead of a full length CGI only further lowers my expectations

Shadowstab
01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
If they made it I would go see it, just to say I did. I agree though, that they should just make it all CGI. I love the FF movies, they did a great job. So instead of an American Company making the movie, they should let the Japanese manufacture it. Then it would prolly be pretty bada$$.

WoW + CGI + Japanese Creation = []D [] []V[] []D

Blackleo
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Yea I saw Hollywood should stay away from making a WoW movie, since they already ****ed up DBZ.

tekkiegurl
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
i dont think they can make a movie a s good as the game

GrandMoff
03-07-2009, 12:53 AM
A movie about World of Warcraft? One word- Wow...

LemonRising
03-07-2009, 12:59 AM
NEVAR WATCHING KK

<:
I'm tired of "LETS MAKE THINGS INTO MOVIES." I mean, classics (books, comics) may be a good idea to make into movies.
but not
currently popular things
FEED MONEY COW

EDIT: My grammar was horrible in this post.
I would like to say in my defense that I was not completely sober.

XXXBurningStarIV
03-07-2009, 05:36 AM
LOL. That's all I can say about this.
LOL.

freeclowns
09-19-2009, 03:15 AM
all I have to say is this dragon ball z movie with real people = epic fail! Why does bliztard think they can do any better?

Kujo
09-19-2009, 12:45 PM
They got Director Sam Raimi to direct this thing so perhaps it won't be a giant failure. If you don't know who that is, he's the guy behind all 3 Spiderman movies and he even co-wrote Spiderman 2.

Source (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/) - see Director

freeclowns
09-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Well maybe we can get something good from this then. I still say using real people for this will = EPIC FAIL.... I just dont see how this will work or who the heck is going to want to do this. I can see it now witha big A list star going " You want me to do what? Your joking right? Oh come on if tom Curse won't do it then I am out!".

Now a movies i would love to see come out has to be spawn 2 or someone make another final fantasy movie.

koker
01-14-2010, 02:02 AM
HAHA i hope their will be a reference to the legendary
LEEEEERRROOOYYYYYY JEEEEENNNNNKKKKINNNNNNSSSSS

Blackleo
01-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Now consider this Avatar from what I hear looked great. Which I am going to see tomorrow. If they do consider doing a WoW movie they can mix real people with the affects on the monsters and stuff. Mostly humans for well humans blood elfs dwarves and gnomes .... haha

cody5405
06-20-2010, 12:33 AM
i heard about this awile ago a freind from school sed it was just a rumer but now i see that quote its gunna be like waiting for summer vacation (its takeing forever :( )