PDA

View Full Version : NigeC's Sites

nigec
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
First is Paranoia Games (http://paranoiagames.uk.to) its first version was called Rotten Games when i first started making AGS adventure games way back in 2002, then last year it became paranoia games when i started using the LASSIE game engine, its been rebuild three time in the last 3 months, because of bad hosts and i lost a load of my old games ???
it uses MKportal and a MyBB board, anyones welcome to join

the second is Bikelectrix (http://bikelectrix.co.uk) whch i closed down then reopened after a spam war got out of control, it did have over 100 members at one time, its a bike electrical support forum, my way of keeping in touch with my job, as i'm long term signed of work, it uses CPG CMS

Last is GP500 Forum Championship (http://gp500forumchampionship.co.uk) a online race site for a inter forum championship, also uses CPG (the logo sucks!)

souljaa
01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice sites! Keep up the good work :).

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 09:34 PM
paranoia games -- i like the dark layout, the banner should stretch out more to take up the whole top, it would look better in my opinion

bikelectrix -- i like the layout here too, gray/silver looks great, the banner on top is good with like the 2 mechanical arms on sides, i like it

GP500 Forum Championship -- its looking ok but the banner is looking blurry, and the pics of the team members bikes looks good and gives info

i see ur using the same website software for them all, so they all look similar, just layout and contents are different, good luck with them :)

nigec
01-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Yeah paranoia's banner is a pain, it only works well on 800x600 screen res, i must find a way to centre it and a background fill
GP500's theme suffered with switching hosts twice, the first time i lost everything so it got quickly remade , hence the orrible banner
there just isn't enough hours in the day sometimes!
both GP500 and bikelectrix use CPG-nuke and Paranoia uses Mkportal, Paranoia did have a home made site, but it was all html and took to long to edit, CMS are a lot esier to add content

diablo
01-16-2007, 12:32 PM
they all look great :D never heard of mkportal, but it looks good, i have heard of cpg nuke :D good luck with it all

nigec
01-19-2007, 03:23 PM
MKportal is great if you already have a forum, its relatively painless to setup on any of the top forum
i moved servers over the last few days and replaced the forum, so it was a bit messed up for two days
if anyone joined they are welcome to rejoin again! sorry

LiNuX
01-19-2007, 09:01 PM
MKportal is great if you already have a forum, its relatively painless to setup on any of the top forum
i moved servers over the last few days and replaced the forum, so it was a bit messed up for two days
if anyone joined they are welcome to rejoin again! sorry

that happened to me before, my host's server crashed and we lost information for the last 2 weeks lol, and i didnt make a back up in a while, it was painful to get everybody back on

speaking of backing up, time to make another one :)

nigec
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
that happened to me before, my host's server crashed and we lost information for the last 2 weeks lol, and i didnt make a back up in a while, it was painful to get everybody back on

speaking of backing up, time to make another one :)

its now on a paid host, i'm sick of been messed about, and worrying if everything is gonna be there next time you click on your web browser!

LiNuX
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
lol thats good, u should try www.post4hosting.com they are a free post4host, i use my host there, this forum is hosted there, really high uptime, u dont see this forum down often do u? lol, well good luck, paid is always better im told lol