PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean 4 - The Last Hope (X-box 360)

Blackbird
06-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Star Ocean: The Last Hope[2] (スターオーシャン4, Sutā Ōshan 4?) is the next installment in the Star Ocean series. The game was revealed during the "Star Ocean Special Stage" at the Square Enix Party 2007.[3] Famitsu has revealed that the battle system will now feature 4 party members, and be more team-oriented. The hero's name is Edge Maverick, while the heroine is named Reimi Saionji. The game will also feature more of a sci-fi emphasis than past titles with the ability to control your own ship. It's been said this ship is quite large, and will be able to land on at least 5 planets or other space-based destinations. One will be able to travel through the "star ocean," jumping across planets.[4] The game will also take place a few centuries before the original Star Ocean (around S.D. 10, or approximately 2097 AD).[5]

Star Ocean: The Last Hope was announced for Xbox 360 during the Xbox 360 RPG Premiere 2008, following a new trailer for the game as well as a short recap of the series.[1]

When asked whether the title would see release on the PlayStation 3, Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi replied "We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."[1

Story

"AD 2064. Humanity made its third and most costly mistake. World War III. Weapons of mass destruction deployed with impunity, razed the land in the blink of an eye. People believed it's the end of the world. Planet earth was dying. So humanity began to search for a new home in space."

"AD 2074 first contact. SD0001 first warp. SD0010 -- first official SRF mission. The first official SRF mission ventures forth into the great Star Ocean."

Source: Wiki

YouTube - Star Ocean 4 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iraCEDfJoXI)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/SO4TLH.jpg

jakncoke
06-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if it was released on PS3 seeing 360 is failure in Japan.

Blackbird
06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
360 should be still popular in US and Europe thought. But all Japanese go with the PS3 omg ^^

Jjjet1
06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
i'd buy it in a heartbeat on 360!!!!

EpsilonX
06-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Dangit don't remind me. This was one of the games I was looking forward to on PS3, and now it's on 360.

poo.

Blackbird
06-25-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm not have so much fan of Playstation 3 so this is going to be awesome they have been release in X-box 360. I'm got one of Star Ocean is Playstation 2 and still have it on SNES. I'm just love this game ^^

rukisuto
06-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Well, doesn't this look quite nifty?
I haven't played any of the other Star Oceans.. but I think I'll just start on this one.
You said the other ones were for playstation and stuff anyways.

Blackbird
06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm so in love with the fighting battle system in this game, there is so a lot more you can do. Storyline is quited good so far. ^^

EpsilonX
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if it was released on PS3 seeing 360 is failure in Japan.

I hope you're right.

But why would Square Enix, a japanese company, put an RPG on the 360, a console that isn't popular in japan?

Maybe because it's the tri-ace part of SE (which was part of Enix before the merge)

Enix isn't as cool as Square. That seems like a good reason lol.