PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2 MP vid

jakncoke
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
1UP Specials: Gears of War 2 Multiplayer news from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168396)

a bit long..nearly 20 minutes.

rukisuto
06-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Hm, that's really awesome how the chainsaw actually slices people in half and how people actually blow into pieces.
I definitely can't remember if it was like that in the first GOW.
But I'm excited :]

jakncoke
06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
The new capture the flag sounds sweet

Instead of flags, 1 player is designated as flag(aka target)you kidnap him and take him to an area to score points

rukisuto
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Haha, capture the flag does sound sweet.
I'm so hyped for this game.
I really enjoyed the first one.

Scott
06-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Hm, that's really awesome how the chainsaw actually slices people in half and how people actually blow into pieces.
I definitely can't remember if it was like that in the first GOW.
But I'm excited :]

Yeah killing friends with the chainsaw will be great fun.

Trunks
06-28-2008, 11:12 PM
GoW was my all time favorite 3rd person shooter. I'm hoping GoW 2 will be my next favorite..

Iceskater101
06-29-2008, 09:39 AM
yay for gears of war 2! I have played the first and I love it!

Naga_Shesh
07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Loved the first one,but what puzzles me is: Didn't they blow up the enemy's underground base in the end and wiping out all the locusts with it?

Should be a tough comeback for the locusts and I've a feeling they are going to be as menacing as ever.Like maybe a 10X berserker with a machine gun and this time its not blind @_@

Trunks
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Loved the first one,but what puzzles me is: Didn't they blow up the enemy's underground base in the end and wiping out all the locusts with it?

Should be a tough comeback for the locusts and I've a feeling they are going to be as menacing as ever.Like maybe a 10X berserker with a machine gun and this time its not blind @_@

They killed one of the generals of the army and his base. I forget his name, Raam or something like that It's been forever. So GoW 2 may be the leader of the locust or another general or high ranked person so they can make another sequel.

Raw!
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Trunks, you got it right. The General's name is General RAAM. GoW is supposed to be a trilogy, so the queen will probably be the last person you will be finding in GoW 3 (if a 3 would be made) so in GoW 2 probably another high-ranked person.

@Naga - They didn't wipe out ALL the locusts, but a good percentage. It's just the fact that the queen was talking about how she will not end the war, and how Gears don't understand why they fight. In conclusion, not all locusts were wiped out.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Trunks, you got it right. The General's name is General RAAM. GoW is supposed to be a trilogy, so the queen will probably be the last person you will be finding in GoW 3 (if a 3 would be made) so in GoW 2 probably another high-ranked person.

@Naga - They didn't wipe out ALL the locusts, but a good percentage. It's just the fact that the queen was talking about how she will not end the war, and how Gears don't understand why they fight. In conclusion, not all locusts were wiped out.

No doubt a 3rd will be made and with how awesome sales are of the game...expect it to be milked till it's no longer a big seller.

Naga_Shesh
07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
@jakncoke

Definitely,games which sells usually get a 3rd or are ported to portable consoles (hopefully)

Seeing theres going to be a queen locust I wonder how she'll look like or whats her special attack is :s, the locust combine technology and something primitive and violent - Berserkers..Hard to imagine a queen carrying a machine gun hahar.According to latest trailer if you noticed the locust also carries a chainsaw gun

GaMeWiZeRd
07-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the link! I am so into Gears of War and have ben looking for cool vids and updates.